Will other Cadillac Bose amplifiers like one from a Deville also fit my ‘03 CTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Kingoftypos
  • 2 Post By X Rolls-Royce
  • 1 Post By aviatordave
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Will other Cadillac Bose amplifiers like one from a Deville also fit my ‘03 CTS? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; ...
    King-German-Fool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Chrysler 300C, *''03 CTS is gone"

Will other Cadillac Bose amplifiers like one from a Deville also fit my ‘03 CTS?

I’m searching for a Bose amplifier.
    I found out that the Bose amplifiers for other caddy’s look exactly the same. Even if their older. The connections are the same.

Someone knows if they are really compatible? Will they work in my CTS?

This is mine:

This from a '00-'04 Deville:

Some others:
    http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...506.m270.l1313

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    What's the reasoning?

KOT

Re: Will other Cadillac Bose amplifiers like one from a Deville also fit my ‘03 CTS?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    What's the reasoning?

KOT
    Because I didn't found a cts one which ships to Germany. But the Deville one will ship here and cost much less.

Re: Will other Cadillac Bose amplifiers like one from a Deville also fit my ‘03 CTS?

No I meant, why are you replacing it? If I remember correctly, you have a problem with yours? But I just can't remember how far we went into finding out if it's the amp or not.

Did you check all fuses? There are two that I know of for the audio of the car. One is labeled Audio, but that's for the radio and since you can see how much fuel is left and what not due to your other thread. That should still be working. However, there's another labeled Amp, which is solely for the amp.

KOT

Oh okay.

The problem is that I don't have any sound coming out my speakers since the battery was connected wrong.

I checked every single fuse, all of them were good (Engine, and below back seats). I didn't know how to check the relays.
    The radio works fine too, you can see the time run while playing a song.
    It just doesn't come out a sound at all.

I had the amp in an electric shop. They couldn't find out anything.
    The Cadillac dealer says it's the amp, and the audio electric guy also said that I should buy a new amp.

I don't know what I should do anymore except buying a new amp. But because I'm not sure I don't wanna spend too much money.
    I have to pay about 125% extra to the original price because of shipping and tax, so I try to find a cheap one.
    The annoying thing is that just about a week before I wanted too buy the amp, there was one for sale here for hundred bucks. Now it’s sold and my only chance is to get one form the U.S.

Here's a question...

Do you hear the "hey dumbass" bong when you leave the keys in the ignition or the lights on when you open the door? If the amp is still out, install it and see if you hear that bong. If so, which I hope it does, then the problem is between the radio and the amp. Then we can go from there.

KOT
    dumaurier and dumaurier like this.

lol, I don't hear it calling me a "dumbass" I hear nothing. Not the slightest sound of anything. No diffrence if the amp is installed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by King-German-Fool
    lol, I don't hear it calling me a "dumbass" I hear nothing. Not the slightest sound of anything. No diffrence if the amp is installed or not.
    Not even in German? Lol

Ok, well do you have the schematic of what wire is what to the amp? So you could at least test the power wires?

KOT

Unfortunately I don't have the schematic and I don't know how I would test it.

Just to finish this thread with a solution. I bought a used replacement CTS Bose amp. Plugged it in, and everything works perfectly fine again. So it just was the amp.

The Amp is kinda non repairable and it doesn’t have a fuse. But the prices for used ones are okay, I paid 100$ plus shipping and tax on Ebay.

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Very good, our German friend.

Another happy ending.
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

dondigital is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

I am interested if the amp replacement worked. Same problem with my 06 cts

aviatordave is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 1976 Seville (sold)

the OP posted this as his last post: "Just to finish this thread with a solution. I bought a used replacement CTS Bose amp. Plugged it in, and everything works perfectly fine again. So it just was the amp."

I'd say YES, a new amp fixed hisproblems
    josney likes this.

dondigital is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Sorry wasn't reading correctly!! Been at sea too long...thanks everyone

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.