How many miles do you have on your 1s Gen CTS? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, How many miles do you have on your 1s Gen CTS? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by nagar 115,000 kms. on our baby, 55,000 when we purchased it. Since- rebuilt engine, new engine, new ...
    X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: How many miles do you have on your 1s Gen CTS?

Quote Originally Posted by nagar View Post
    115,000 kms. on our baby, 55,000 when we purchased it. Since- rebuilt engine, new engine, new rad, new diff , new rad and headlight ballast.
    Your baby is high-maintenance. That's a horrid history. You seem to think its been worth it. Great when it runs, huh ?

nagar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 cts sports luxury pkg.

It is now, but if we would have checked with this forum before we purchased our cts, it is unlikely we would have indulged. The car has a great feel when driving, but am always aware of how it sounds and feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Rolls-Royce View Post
    Your baby is high-maintenance. That's a horrid history. You seem to think its been worth it. Great when it runs, huh ?

jran0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by X Rolls-Royce

Mine is high maintenance as well. Mine is a early production 03. I bought it from Bergstrom Cadillac in Green Bay. It was a one owner highly documented CTS luxury sport bought new at Bergstrom Cadillac in Menasha, WI with 60000 miles. My best friends dad is GM at the dealership I bought it from so he got me a really good deal on it and within the first 6 months I had $16,000 of warranty work done on it. That's not including the time and money I have into it at my shop. It's a love hate relationship.

teto4411 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 cts 3.2L lux-sport pckg

87k on my 03

sandalet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-2003, 3.2 automatic

I have 201,000 kilometers but the Carfax says that 130,000 miles was back in 2006 when exported from the United States))))))))))))))
    Estimated mileage of my car about 400,000 km

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I tried to explain to one guy what he had bought into, but he took it poorly. He's a smart guy, he saw right through my attempt to break the news gently, but he saw the repair history before he bought and somehow thought that the car having that much work done already meant it was going to be easy sailing. Ouch, bad decision based on your experience and the experience of a few others. Some CTS's are just one repair after the other ad nauseum. Others are trouble free for what seems forever. Mine was trouble-free for 92000 when I bought it and I'd rather have high miles trouble free car than low miles and a history as long as your arm.

Quote Originally Posted by jran0823 View Post
    Mine is high maintenance as well. Mine is a early production 03. I bought it from Bergstrom Cadillac in Green Bay. It was a one owner highly documented CTS luxury sport bought new at Bergstrom Cadillac in Menasha, WI with 60000 miles. My best friends dad is GM at the dealership I bought it from so he got me a really good deal on it and within the first 6 months I had $16,000 of warranty work done on it. That's not including the time and money I have into it at my shop. It's a love hate relationship.

King-German-Fool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Chrysler 300C, *''03 CTS is gone"

98.467 kilometers thats 61.185 miles.

No engine or transmission problems yet, changed my timing belt already at something like 90.000 km.

frenchboy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Black Raven 3.2 Sport-Luxury CTS

2004 3.2 cts

140000 km on it.

I changed the oil yesterday, I try Liqui Moly MoS2 for the first time.

jran0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by X Rolls-Royce
    I tried to explain to one guy what he had bought into, but he took it poorly. He's a smart guy, he saw right through my attempt to break the news gently, but he saw the repair history before he bought and somehow thought that the car having that much work done already meant it was going to be easy sailing. Ouch, bad decision based on your experience and the experience of a few others. Some CTS's are just one repair after the other ad nauseum. Others are trouble free for what seems forever. Mine was trouble-free for 92000 when I bought it and I'd rather have high miles trouble free car than low miles and a history as long as your arm.
    I wasn't sceptical because all the repair history was general maintenance. I knew getting into a Cadillac that repairs are not cheap, but didn't expect this. I will own another CTS, but it will most likely be a V.

CADDYPRINCESS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac cts 03

Just got 87k on 03. Bought it 3 years ago with 38k

CT ESSENCE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

214,500 miles on my 03.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Just rolled over 92k..not a single problem since bought at 65k..run mobil 1 synthetic, it gets drove like a sports car should but i also take care of her, just got it detailed today.

jsquared3000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 85 Fleetwood, 98 Deville, 05 CTS 3.6L
    Just bought an 05 with 33k miles. Hopefully it will make it as long as my Deville which currently has 192k.

aja8888 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Just turned 24,000 on my 06 CTS.

Chargin' Charlie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS - 3.6L

143,000 on my 2004 CTS. No engine or transmission problems. I always changed Mobil 1 at 3,000 or 4,000 miles. I had regular transmission oil changes and differential lube oil changes too.
    I have had to replace upper and lower front control arms, front shocks, front anti-sway bar bushings. both motor mounts, transmission mount, front flex disc, front differential mounting bushing and a couple of water pumps. I do all the work myself.
    I bought it new in June 2004. It has plenty of power, rides and handles great. This car has a very rigid chassis. The body is perfect, paint is still excellent, no dents ever and there are no rattles or squeaks. It runs best on premium fuel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.