Cadillac Owners Forum banner

How many miles do you have on your 1s Gen CTS?

24K views 132 replies 109 participants last post by  mr.sandman 
#1 ·
Gauge Measuring instrument Auto part Speedometer Vehicle

Tomorrow will be a sad morning for me as I roll over to 50k in my 06'. Made me wonder how I am doing on miles vs the crowd here. So how many miles do you have on your CTS and what year is it?

See less See more
#90 ·
118,000 on my 2.8 CTS . Just had to replace the engine with a slightly used 30K mi 2.8 due to the dreaded timing chain problem. The new engine will receive nothing but Mobil 1 oil and probably a quart of oil every 1000 miles between oil changes. Dont depend on the oil idiot lights . Check your oil level every 1000 miles ! Still Love my Caddy.

#92 ·
113,000 on my 2005 3.6l CTS. I replaced the engine at 45,000 with a used one with the same mileage that was gunked up. Timing chain, acc belts and water pump was replaced and I haven't had any issues since. I probably need to flush/drain and refill all my fluids.

#97 ·
I have 03 3.2 just rolled 100k car has been AMAZING since bought.. But this last Sunday on my drive to work the tensioner pulley decided it no longer wanted to be part of engine.. It threw the belt which then busted the timing cover and then snapped the timing belt it's self.. Was told the 3.2 was discontinued so getting the top of the engine rebuilt..

----------

Sprdtyf350 said:
202547 miles on my 2003 3.2 CTS. In my garage now for a bunch of maintenance but it has been a pretty good car mostly. Valve cover gaskets, front main seal, A/C compressor, rear wheel bearings, leaky sunroof are the main things that have acted up...
What's signs did you have when compressor went?

#98 ·
03CTS_Bass-Master said:
I have 03 3.2 just rolled 100k car has been AMAZING since bought.. But this last Sunday on my drive to work the tensioner pulley decided it no longer wanted to be part of engine.. It threw the belt which then busted the timing cover and then snapped the timing belt it's self.. Was told the 3.2 was discontinued so getting the top of the engine rebuilt..

----------

What's signs did you have when compressor went?
Vibration on the floor board, steering wheel, and dash when you turn on the AC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.