Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; See my thread in the V section and PM me for interest. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-cadillac.html $45 for lock and unlock functions + ...
  1. #1
    OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    980

    Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    See my thread in the V section and PM me for interest.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-cadillac.html

    $45 for lock and unlock functions + you send me the new Cadillac key FOB and your old working key fob. $50 for lock unlock and trunk in addition you also send me the new Cadillac key fob and your old one. If you want me to source your new FOB it will be price will vary depending on availability. Feel free to PM me for pay pal information and I can get started fairly soon.

    IMG_6418-1.jpg

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    37,475

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    very cool

  4. #3
    SHORTSTACK's Avatar
    SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    York, South Carolina
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    I have an aftermarket alarm with remote start, can this still be done?

  5. #4
    OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    980

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    Quote Originally Posted by SHORTSTACK View Post
    I have an aftermarket alarm with remote start, can this still be done?
    Does your OEM FOB still work? I can use the OEM FOB I don't know about aftermarket FOBs..... I'd have to see their internals..

  6. #5
    Firewalker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 3.6l
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    Posts
    175

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    I so want to do this, one dumb question first, this won't effect the DIC will it? I would think it wouldn't I just want to make sure. What is the turn around time for this?

  7. #6
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,642

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    Im assuming its not possible to get the alarm to work?

  8. #7
    OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    980

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    Quote Originally Posted by Firewalker View Post
    I so want to do this, one dumb question first, this won't effect the DIC will it? I would think it wouldn't I just want to make sure. What is the turn around time for this?
    I use the internal parts from your old FOB and swap them into the new one. There is no affect on anything. You are basically putting a new casing on the same electronics.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Im assuming its not possible to get the alarm to work?
    It might be but it would be more work then its worth.... Honestly who even uses the alarm button?

  9. #8
    Firewalker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 3.6l
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    Posts
    175

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    I do want to do this, I will buy the new FOB and contact you once I receive it.

  10. #9
    ghettomike's Avatar
    ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    off the grid.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,895

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    so after reading your other thread, are you just putting the 1g CTS fob circuit board ontop of the 2g CTS fob circuit board?

    im sure if you and KOT had some discussions he could rig up a new board to put the circuits off the 1g fob onto that is rectangle to fit perfect into the 2g fob just how it was designed...or even remove all the chips and circuits off the 2g fob and solder all the 1g ones onto it.

  11. #10
    OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    980

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    so after reading your other thread, are you just putting the 1g CTS fob circuit board ontop of the 2g CTS fob circuit board?

    im sure if you and KOT had some discussions he could rig up a new board to put the circuits off the 1g fob onto that is rectangle to fit perfect into the 2g fob just how it was designed...or even remove all the chips and circuits off the 2g fob and solder all the 1g ones onto it.
    Currently that is what I am doing. is it crude? yes, but it works well and looks good. Yes you could have a custom board made and either transfer the old components or use new ones, but it is a lot more work. I started this as something to do for myself but got a lot of interest from other so decided to offer it as a service.

  12. #11
    ghettomike's Avatar
    ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    off the grid.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,895

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    Currently that is what I am doing. is it crude? yes, but it works well and looks good. Yes you could have a custom board made and either transfer the old components or use new ones, but it is a lot more work. I started this as something to do for myself but got a lot of interest from other so decided to offer it as a service.
    i dont want you to think im knocking this one bit, i think its amazing you were able to accomplish this...i was just trying to verify your process.
    i saw in the other thread you saying it was just for personal use but everyone wanted you to do this for them so , well here we are!
    in the past, ive seen lots of people asking for something like this.
    the 1g cts fob is horrible! my 2002 jimmy uses a 3 button version that looks almost identical.

    i would have you do this mod for me, but i have a wish list with a lot of expensive things on it that im trying to budget for.
    Priorities....they usually suck.

  13. #12
    OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    980

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    i dont want you to think im knocking this one bit, i think its amazing you were able to accomplish this...i was just trying to verify your process.
    i saw in the other thread you saying it was just for personal use but everyone wanted you to do this for them so , well here we are!
    in the past, ive seen lots of people asking for something like this.
    the 1g cts fob is horrible! my 2002 jimmy uses a 3 button version that looks almost identical.

    i would have you do this mod for me, but i have a wish list with a lot of expensive things on it that im trying to budget for.
    Priorities....they usually suck.
    Mod lists... if only monopoly money was legal tender .... and wasn't trying to be aggressive just clarify I'm just trying to help people who want to have a FOB that is more representative of what Cadillac should have used.

  14. #13
    ghettomike's Avatar
    ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    off the grid.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,895

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    Mod lists... if only monopoly money was legal tender .... and wasn't trying to be aggressive just clarify I'm just trying to help people who want to have a FOB that is more representative of what Cadillac should have used.
    i planted a money tree last year, it hasnt grown one bit... i think that the garden center scammed me....

    my funds are about to be tied up in a harley (hopefully) mods for it, and some new toys for the range. the cts is just getting new tires this year.

  15. #14
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,642

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    It might be but it would be more work then its worth.... Honestly who even uses the alarm button?
    I have 2 large trees that loom over my CTS in my driveway, and birds often hang out in the trees, relieving themselves. They scatter when I turn on the alarm. Certain months of the year, I could end up doing this a few times a day. I could set the car so that the horn chirps on unlock, that may have the same effect. I just hate having to hear the horn on lock and unlock.

  16. #15
    OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    980

    Re: Get your old style FOB updated to the new current cadillac FOB!

    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    I have 2 large trees that loom over my CTS in my driveway, and birds often hang out in the trees, relieving themselves. They scatter when I turn on the alarm. Certain months of the year, I could end up doing this a few times a day. I could set the car so that the horn chirps on unlock, that may have the same effect. I just hate having to hear the horn on lock and unlock.
    Two suggestions:
    1. Cheap car cover
    2. Use the 2nd remote for the horn function if you're doing it from your home.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting