!!!!new halo headlight pictures finally!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, !!!!new halo headlight pictures finally!!!! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; OOOOOOKKKKKK the time has finally come. The lights are in and installed. Now for my explination.... The lights themselves are ...
    bigd102683 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 2.8

!!!!new halo headlight pictures finally!!!!

OOOOOOKKKKKK the time has finally come. The lights are in and installed. Now for my explination.... The lights themselves are pretty decent quality and made quite well. They do not have the little knob on them that locks into place though. SO they are attached with the 3 screws only. The low beams are indeed the lower section and the hi beams being the projectors. The bulbs themselves are not HID and in my opinion throw the whole look off. Everything else is a blueish white while the low beams are that ugly yellow. Which brings me to my first issue with these lights. The output is crap as expected and they seem to send the light everywhere but the road. It is definitely hard to see on dark roads. I am hoping that putting my HID kit in this weekend will help this, however the lights they use in these are bulbs I have never seen. They are screwed into the actual frame of the housing and Im not sure you can even put in a HID kit because there really isnt the locking mechanism that holds the bulbs in the stock ones. I hope Im not losing anyone here but its hard to explain. I am talking about the part where the bulb and the bulb housing actually lock into the housing. Instead the bulb it came with actually screws into the housing. Im sure I can make it work with some time and patience, neither of which I had today. The Halo ring is a little dull and could definitely be brighter but it is acceptable. The fitment into the car itself is pretty damn solid. They are pretty damn close to OEM fit. Overall I am pretty happy with these for the price and like the look of them. The LED's are very bright and look good. Ill give more information the more I play around with them, but the bottom line... Would I buy these again??? HELL YES!! I like having things that no one else has and having my cars look different. Plus the LED's and halos stay on all the time, almost acting as DRL's which I absolutely love. OK now time for the pictures. It was next to impossible to get a good picture with the low beams actually on so most of the pictures are without them on. I will do a more detailed photo session tomorrow once its light out. Im just as excited to see em in the daylight as Im sure you guys are. Sorry for the delay and enjoy!! Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: !!!!new halo headlight pictures finally!!!!

So this is the low beam on?

Hmmm, now I'm thinking twice about it. Question, could you scan the instructions and post them? Or is there a website on them that we can go to?

Personally, I would love them with just the LEDs on the side. I particularly don't care about the halo, even more now that it's the high beams.

Since you mentioned that the low beams are on the bottom part and you don't have good vision on the road. It makes me think it was wired up wrong and they are actually supposed to be the high beam. I must ask, since you had the bulbs out. Did any of them have a coated/painted tip? If so, which one's upper or lower?

KOT

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

you wrote wayyyy too much without any paragraphs or line breaks... im sorry but im not going to read it.

im indecisive how much i like them. post some daytime pics when you can.
    if i had oem halogens ide probably grab them.. but i have oem HID... so im stuck with factory... im not getting into more basalt and bulb conversions right now.

----------------
    KOT i think you are right... the low beams shoudl be on the top in the projector.
    daytime running lights shoudl be the halo and the leds.
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

Yes the one picture is with the low beam on. Only clear one I could get. All the others I tried the low beams made it impossible to see anything.

Kad4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 FE5 Blk/Blk 'Nadine'

I'm glad you like them .
    I got a feeling this LED stuff is going to be 'old and busted' pretty quick .
    Some new lighting hotness will come along .

A bit too busy for me; but I hate the LED's on Audis ... go figure .

Enjoy 'em !

Kad
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

I wasn't aware this was English class lol. I contacted the seller and they are suppose to be low on the bottom and hi on top.

----------

And I agree it should be the opposite but they will work for now. And no neither bulb had anything on the tip

youngmoney23 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS Sport/Luxury package

Please post pics of the projector output and cutoff line. I think they are right, a lot of eBay lights are wired wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bigd102683 View Post
    I wasn't aware this was English class lol. I contacted the seller and they are suppose to be low on the bottom and hi on top.
    Who said anything about English class? ghettomike is from Canada, therefore he's French. lol

KOT
    Kad4Life and Kad4Life like this.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

Quote Originally Posted by youngmoney23 View Post
    Please post pics of the projector output and cutoff line. I think they are right, a lot of eBay lights are wired wrong
    the out put probably isnt that bright, i just bought some very similar lights for my F150 that are set up damn near the same way, they brightness sucks. sorry KOT, i know i havent sent you pics yet, i forgot

simple2me is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black 06/08 Satillac CTS-O

thumbnailCACIFAMA.jpg

Is this the bulb in the low beam (H3 Style bulb seen in fog lights)

Its very similar to that bulb. I didnt get a great look at it. I emailed the seller informing him that they are wired wrong. I just went outside and turned the hi beams on and they arent even as bright as the low beams. Its obviously wired wrong. Any information on some solutions? I knew this wasnt going to be a plug and play install and some modifications would be needed. I know I can get em working and looking how I want them. Its just gonna take some time. All I know is I definitely like them better than the stock ones for sure so at the end of the day Im happy. Have a great night guys.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    Who said anything about English class? ghettomike is from Canada, therefore he's French. lol

KOT
    Italian actually...dont know a word of french.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bigd102683 View Post

----------

And I agree it should be the opposite but they will work for now. And no neither bulb had anything on the tip
    i ended up going back and reading it... but its a pain in the ass not having it divided up.

flick on your high beams and see where the light projects..if the current low beams suck and they arent in projectors like the OEM lows are, i bet these will be a tough sell.

catch is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

If the intended setup is to only have projectors for the hi beams that's just straight up ass backwards and stupid.

Hopefully you can reverse that without too much trouble.

LEDs look good. I think it would look pretty slick if you could turn the halo off and just have the LEDs for your drls.

Thanks for posting pics, I was waiting for these all day haha

Could you park in front of a blank wall and turn the low beams on. About 15 to 20 feet away Take a picture, then turn the high beams on. Take another, then turn the lights off but pull back the high beam lever and take a picture? This is so we could see all three different modes, ways the lights project.

KOT

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Im not buying the lows as the bottom. As ours are the opposite. Get some hid's in both places, switch the low to the projectors and see what you come up with.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.