AC Problems... Anyone?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, AC Problems... Anyone? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have been having serious AC problems. I bought my car new and I am at about 40K miles. About ...
    03CADDY is offline Cadillac Owners Member

AC Problems... Anyone?

I have been having serious AC problems. I bought my car new and I am at about 40K miles. About 6 weeks ago I heard some light fluttering in the AC I turned it off and then on again and it was fine but about an hour later the engine was pouring with smoke. I took it in for the warranty and they were on back order?? But they did get the unit and fixed it HOWEVER - about once a week I have to take it back in because it starts to blow warm air. Today it was cold all day - then at the hottest point of the day (a mild 85 degrees) it started blowing warm air. After my appointment - it was back to normal cold air. Anyone else seeing this? 03 CTS first production run 5 spd?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: AC Problems... Anyone?

Sorry, im no help, although my ac did leak into my car casuing a huge puddle....

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

There are three service bulletins relating to the A/C for a CTS:
    99-01-39-007B
    02-01-37-003
    03-01-38-001

I have no idea what the contents of these bulletins are, but you may want to find out from your dealer if they apply to you and your problem.

Stoneskid is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have also had serious AC problems in my 03 CTS. I bought the car new in December (I think it was built in October). I starting having idle problems at about 3K. They reflashed the pcm and said it was fixed. The idle got worse, finally one day the ac was working on/off for an hour. Then the compressor blew. Tons of smoke/gas blew out of the car. They determined that the compressor was stalling the engine and that was causing the idle problem. They put the new compressor in and it was blowing cold air the day I picked it up. After that it blew warm air for a few days. They refilled the compressor and so far all has been working for about 3 weeks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.