3.2 PCV Service Bulletin 05-06-01-007 - with pics
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 3.2 PCV Service Bulletin 05-06-01-007 - with pics in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; hey guys, there has been a lot of questions about this service bulletin lately, and there has never been a ...
    ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L / 09 CBR 600rr - Bazzaz tuned

3.2 PCV Service Bulletin 05-06-01-007 - with pics

hey guys,
    there has been a lot of questions about this service bulletin lately, and there has never been a "how to" with pics that i have seen on here so, here it is.
    bulletin info:
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/d...06-01-007a.pdf
    my local GM dealer happened to have it in stock, looks like it comes as a full kit so you dont have to source out all the parts.(mine came in 1 sealed box with the exception of the oil cap)
    PART #'s
    55558592 HOSE K $194.98
    12589430 CAP $18.46

HERE IS THE NEW PARTS:

HOSES KIT AND COVER

OIL FILLER TUBE AND CAP

SCREWS, HOSE CLAMPS AND A GASKET

ill be doing the install tomorrow or the day after, and will take pictures of the steps and post them.
    keep in mind, i also have a oil catch can, which i will also add info on. i have noticed that in cold weather i pick up 2 ounces of water per week but in the summer it is bone dry. so it is helping to stop moisture get into the engine but not all of it.

ill also include before and after pictures so there is a clear comparison, and ill try to get this thrown in the sticky.
    keep in mind my CTS is white diamond, so its totally Badass and much faster than most of yours
    tz8gz2 and tz8gz2 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 3.2 PCV Service Bulletin 05-06-01-007 - with pics

And here we go....

before picture:

REMOVE 3 SCREWS FROM THE TOP AND DISCONNECT THE 4 HOSES FROM THE BACK

SEPARATE THE 2 SECTIONS OF THE OLD PCV SYSTEM, LOWER PART IS NOT GOING TO BE USED, THE NEW SECTION BYPASSES IT.
    i used a small flathead screwdriver and wiggled it, be careful not to break it.
    the next thing i did was clean it out, there was alot of gunk in there, started with brake cleaner then went to the sink and ran a lot of water through it to clear it all out.

DRILL THE PINHOLES OUT TO 4mm (close conversion is 5/32 aka 0.1563 aka 3.9688mm)
    flip over the part that has tha cadillac logo on it, in this picture i drilled out 1 of the 2 pinholes,there will be 4 holes the same size when you are done drilling.
    next flush it out again, you dont want shavings in there. the reason i cleaned it before drilling was so that plastic shavings dont get stuck.

PUT ON NEW GASKET

WHEN YOU PUT ALL THE PARTS TOGETHER IT WILL LOOK LIKE THIS

TIME TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER.
    i out the hoses on before putting it back into place, and i know the instructions say to trim 1.5" off the hoses, but i didnt because it doesnt harm it to leave the extra hose, and it made it easier to reconnect them to the new pcv.
    the old section goes underneath, you will have to push it down so the gasket seals, just a little pressure will do the trick.

PUT THE NEW COVER ON
    be sure to line everything up, the new pcv hose adapter only fits in 1 way, and right at the front you will notice 2 tabs that snap together right next to the intake
    here is a close up of how it will look together.

and here it is with the cover on, the kit came with 3 new screws, i think they are slightly longer, i didnt check. use the new ones. and there is the spare part.

Next - change the oil filler tube and cap, i didnt take a picture, but there is a tab just lift it a little and twist the filler tube, no tools required.
    new tube just snaps in the same way the old one came off.
    all done.

easy job. all thats left is to put the bumper back on....wait...why is that off???

carrnuttdave is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

Geeze, You can't do anything to these damn cars without removing the front bumper

Quote Originally Posted by carrnuttdave View Post
    Geeze, You can't do anything to these damn cars without removing the front bumper
    weird eh...
    change a map light? Take off the front bumper.
    change rims? take off the front bumper
    open the arm rest? take off the front bumper....

i had to put in a new HID ballast on the OEM HID's... wasnt planing on doing it today but it was in the mailbox when i went out to do the pcv... first time i was disappointed in how fast the shipping was... really didnt want to do it today but it was warm-ish out so i just cranked the 3 garage heaters and went to town on it.
    carrnuttdave and carrnuttdave like this.

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    my local GM dealer happened to have it in stock, looks like it comes as a full kit so you dont have to source out all the parts.(mine came in 1 sealed box with the exception of the oil cap)
    I call bullshit on this. It was at your local garage... the one that is on your property bro. Knowing you, it was in there for the last 2, maybe 3 years. :-P Oh, and that ballast, the past 3 months.

But, great write up brother.

KOT

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    I call bullshit on this. It was at your local garage... the one that is on your property bro. Knowing you, it was in there for the last 2, maybe 3 years. :-P Oh, and that ballast, the past 3 months.

But, great write up brother.

KOT
    LMAO - normally i would agree with you... hell i should go check to make sure i didnt buy this kit 2 years agot and have it sitting in my garage somewhere lol

couple things i noticed with this kit though.. you can probably achieve the same results by just doing the drilled out holes, oil filler tube and oil cap. (the old cap does NOT fit on the new tube and vice versa) the whole adaptor kit just seems pointless actually. when i was cleaning it out i notices each connection where the hoses go feed only 1 section.
    ill color code it..

so basically the new adapter, doesnt really look like it does anything since the part that is no longer included is just a straight run, just like the new 1
    i could be wrong.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

You have to do all that just to change a headlight ?
    Easier to trade cars.

LOL
    ghettomike likes this.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

weird eh...
    change a map light? Take off the front bumper.
    change rims? take off the front bumper
    open the arm rest? take off the front bumper....

i had to put in a new HID ballast on the OEM HID's... wasnt planing on doing it today but it was in the mailbox when i went out to do the pcv... first time i was disappointed in how fast the shipping was... really didnt want to do it today but it was warm-ish out so i just cranked the 3 garage heaters and went to town on it.
    Wanna remove your front bumper? Remove the front bumper. LOL

I added this on the FAQ. Anything else you guys got up, PM it to me so i can check over it and add it in. X-Rolls, this post is specifically directed at you since I know you've mentioned something recently.
    ghettomike and ghettomike like this.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I tacked on a few things I thought deserved inclusion, per the instructions at the beginning. You prefer I PM'd you when I come across something ?
    Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    I added this on the FAQ. Anything else you guys got up, PM it to me so i can check over it and add it in. X-Rolls, this post is specifically directed at you since I know you've mentioned something recently.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Tac on, and drop me a PM if you think its relevant. Half the time, I'm not lookin at this section.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Some guy did his guibo's and carrier bushing I thought was important enough to index. The proceedure wasn't covered yet. He was doubting whether his shim would hold, but its worked before so I don't think he'll have a problem. He used aluminum where vinyl or rubber washers would have been better, but if someone wants to know what is involved, it is what it is. Trying to align the propeller shaft. The driveshafts are so expensive its a cheaper fix, the Creative steel guy and the Revshift guy trying hard to offer an alternative. I think you could probably replace everything with an old u-joint set up for a cheap fix. The rubber couplers are supposed to make everything smoother than a u-joint's metal to metal action.

Rolls there is a thread that came out when I first joined here where someone had a benz driveshaft with U joints put on. It didn't get mutch attention other than people asking how a benz part is cheaper than a cadillac part (which is the reason he did it).
    That's all I remember about it.

Lade in AK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS Base-Auto

hey guys,
    there has been a lot of questions about this service bulletin lately, and there has never been a "how to" with pics that i have seen on here so, here it is.
    bulletin info:
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/d...06-01-007a.pdf
    PART #'s
    55558592 HOSE K $194.98
    12589430 CAP $18.46

HERE IS THE NEW PARTS:

HOSES KIT AND COVER

OIL FILLER TUBE AND CAP

SCREWS, HOSE CLAMPS AND A GASKET

ill be doing the install tomorrow or the day after, and will take pictures of the steps and post them.
    keep in mind, i also have a oil catch can, which i will also add info on. i have noticed that in cold weather i pick up 2 ounces of water per week but in the summer it is bone dry. so it is helping to stop moisture get into the engine but not all of it.

ill also include before and after pictures so there is a clear comparison, and ill try to get this thrown in the sticky.
    keep in mind my CTS is white diamond, so its totally Badass and much faster than most of yours
    So am I assuming correctly that with part number 55558592, the hoses, cover, clamps, bolts, filler tube were included and the cap seperately?

My bill looked like the cap was by itself and the rest was in the kit.

Lade in AK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS Base-Auto

Just asking because I went to gmpartscheap.com and both part numbers came out to about $84. Doesn't seem right...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.