Cadillac Owners Forum banner

3.2 PCV Service Bulletin 05-06-01-007 - with pics

48K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  AAIIIC 
#1 ·
hey guys,
there has been a lot of questions about this service bulletin lately, and there has never been a "how to" with pics that i have seen on here so, here it is.
bulletin info:
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/05-06-01-007a.pdf
my local GM dealer happened to have it in stock, looks like it comes as a full kit so you dont have to source out all the parts.(mine came in 1 sealed box with the exception of the oil cap)
PART #'s
55558592 HOSE K $194.98
12589430 CAP $18.46

HERE IS THE NEW PARTS:

HOSES KIT AND COVER

OIL FILLER TUBE AND CAP

SCREWS, HOSE CLAMPS AND A GASKET

ill be doing the install tomorrow or the day after, and will take pictures of the steps and post them.
keep in mind, i also have a oil catch can, which i will also add info on. i have noticed that in cold weather i pick up 2 ounces of water per week but in the summer it is bone dry. so it is helping to stop moisture get into the engine but not all of it.

ill also include before and after pictures so there is a clear comparison, and ill try to get this thrown in the sticky.
keep in mind my CTS is white diamond, so its totally Badass and much faster than most of yours :cool2:

See less See more
Reactions: tz8gz2
#48 ·
I moved your post from a different thread into this one about the 3.2L's PCV system. If you're asking about what I think you're asking about, then it's part of the PCV system. Hopefully reading back through this thread will help you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.