Key stuck...Service theft system...temp/fuel gauges not working...no traction control
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By packattack12
  • 2 Post By X Rolls-Royce
  • 1 Post By X Rolls-Royce
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Key stuck...Service theft system...temp/fuel gauges not working...no traction control in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey guys, It's been awhile...which is a good thing. This morning I went to go start my car and everything ...
    packattack12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black '07 CTS

Key stuck...Service theft system...temp/fuel gauges not working...no traction control

Hey guys,

It's been awhile...which is a good thing.

This morning I went to go start my car and everything started good, but the service theft system warning popped up, the car with the lock next to it on the dash is lit up, traction control is turned off and can't turn it back on, the locks aren't automatically unlocking when I put it in park, my temp and fuel gauges aren't working and lastly when I put the car in park my key won't turn back all the way and is stuck so I can't get it out. Also, when I was driving all my interior lights and radio flashed on and off. It turns on a and drives fine though. My battery isn't even a year old. I got it replaced about 8 months ago.

I found the little hole under the steering wheel to release the key so at least I can get the key out. And it really sucks the traction control isn't working because its snowing pretty good here today.

At lunch I will try to disconnect the battery and see if that helps. I also read that it could be a number of things, such as bad grounding, bad ECM...etc. Is there any other things I can try before I have to bring it in?

I really appreciate any responses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Key stuck...Service theft system...temp/fuel gauges not working...no traction con

So I disconnected the battery for about 15-20 minutes and the same thing is happening. I forgot I have an extended warranty through Zurich and my deducible is $100. I need an oil change anyways so I'm just bringing it in to the local dealer tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what they find. Until then - You can find me whippin shittys in the snow

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Key stuck...Service theft system...temp/fuel gauges not working...no traction con

I'm going to make a guess on the ECM crapping out. I'd eliminate the ignition switch first as cost effective troubleshooting. And I'd check the battery connections, that's free too. I try to eliminate the free stuff first. Why spend money if you don't have to.

It'll be fun to find out when you come back. I hope you can keep the sled from hitting any trees.

So guys just picked up the caddy and it was the ECM. Thanks God I have the extended warranty...
    cgibbs and cgibbs like this.

Yay for me, I nailed it !!!
    cgibbs and cgibbs like this.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...vice-anti.html

Post number 8 is an accumulation of links discussing these symptoms.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post2827190
    sashasmith325 likes this.

mtshu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Turn key to start position but do not start. I keeped the windows down just in case the doors locked on me. Wait 10 min. Open the fuse box under the hood - front passenger side. Remove fuse labled "ECU" (10v). Inspect fuse and put back in if good. You will here the doors and other things clicking for a few seconds. Now Remove fuse that says "theft" (7.5v). Do not turn car to off position just start. Let run and check gauges and TC and Security. All should be off. Pull key out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.