Eibach or Exhaust?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Eibach or Exhaust? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; just wondering what everyone would think would be a better upgrade.. cant decide whether i want to drop the car ...
    TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Eibach or Exhaust?

just wondering what everyone would think would be a better upgrade.. cant decide whether i want to drop the car first or do exhaust system.. i think the drop would be a nice touch but the exhaust would also look nice...any input?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Eibach or Exhaust?

Exhaust first. The car sits pretty nice without a drop, especially if you have 20's. I did both, but if I had to chose between the two, I would go with the exhaust!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/pjohnesq

MikeyVSeries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V (White Diamond)

i agree as well exhaust over dropping it, witht the rims u have the car sits pretty low.. so go with exhaust.. get the corsa indy pace car

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Springs way before exahust...Suspension improvement is the most important mod you can do to any car, the exhaust looks and sounds nice, but all in all the bang for the buck with the springs is much better and really much more important

im just worried about how low the car will be.. i tried picturing it and looking at cars that have already been dropped but remember i live in jersey.. pothole central and also a place where there are speed bumps galore... do u think i wil have any problems with dropping it as long as i go slow over speed bumps... i mean u have ur car dropped so u would know best..

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd
    im just worried about how low the car will be.. i tried picturing it and looking at cars that have already been dropped but remember i live in jersey.. pothole central and also a place where there are speed bumps galore... do u think i wil have any problems with dropping it as long as i go slow over speed bumps... i mean u have ur car dropped so u would know best..
    I have 20" wheels and low profile Nitto tires, and yes I do have to go slow over speed bumps. To be honest, since I lowered mine, I haven't really change my driving habits except: go real slow over speed bumps; leave a little distance in parking lots between the front bumper and the parking space dividing block; reduce speed on the freeway when approaching dips (if I'm going over 80 mph); pull out real slow out of my driveway. I've always avoided potholes, whether car is lowered or not. My suggestion, save your CTS springs at the time of conversion. If you don't like it, you can re-install and sell the Eibach on this forum or E-bay. I'm sure someone will by them. May end up spending a little more if you have someone do the change, or maybe you do this stuff yourself, which makes it even better for your pocket.... but it would prevent a headache later on if you don't like the lowered ride. That's what I did with my load leveling shocks - I kept them for a while until I was sure I could deal with the new "look and ride" then I sold them.

Yeah, I defn agree, I only scrape in severe severe areas, with 20 inch rims you should be avoiding pothole anyway, I would say the small disadvantages are more than made up for by the feel of the ride.

i called a dealership in my area that says if i bring them the springs they will do the conversion but said it owuld cost somewhere in the area of 6 or 700 just for conversion not even including springs or new shocks.. does this sound about right.. i had a place tell me it should cost more than 2 or 300...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd
    i called a dealership in my area that says if i bring them the springs they will do the conversion but said it owuld cost somewhere in the area of 6 or 700 just for conversion not even including springs or new shocks.. does this sound about right.. i had a place tell me it should cost more than 2 or 300...
    That's not right!! I went to my Cadi dealer who charged me around $500 - for the Eibach parts and labor. To be honest, some shops were charging me around 450 to 500 (parts and labor included), but since my dealer did it for around the same price, I rather spend the extra 50 bucks since they know the car. Also, you will ONLY need new shocks if you have the CTS with load-leveling shocks. Otherwise, don't let them tell you that you have to change your shocks.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/pjohnesq

benzo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Pjohnesq, just a few questions if you don't mind me asking. On your cts, are you having any issues with the tires rubbing when making turns after lowering it? What width rim did you go with and what was the offset for the rim? Also, what size tires did you go with? I'm curious to know as I plan on doing the same things (lowering/20 inch rims) you already have.

im pretty sure i am going to have to change them since i am 99% sure i have the sport luxury package... and from my knowledge they came with the load leveling shocks... anyways.. the guy gave me the info of the price over the phone.. said he would have to see wut entitled before doing it.. so i guess ill just have to bring him the specs of the kit so he can see... just curious... anyone measure how far the side of the car is from the ground.. just so i can get a rough idea in my head of how low the car will look... i mean i have a black car so everything i change is a pain to see but well anyway... i wanna make sure its a good ride and is a visible difference...

also does the dealer roll the fender lips and flare them or wut... where would i have to go to do that.. i would rather have it done from the start.. i mean i only have 19inch rims so i dont even know if i owuld have to do it or not...

No need to do any of that...for you (non luxury sport) they just need to install the springs, nothing else

Sorry I didnt read you whole post, I think that you do have Luxury Sport (From the wood pieces) but I actually thought you had to get HID's with that set up....maybe not. You can post your vin and we can look it up (new thread)....For the eibach luxury sport setup you need to replace the shocks (i think they are like $80 each on gmpartsdirect.com) so it gets a bit more costly

anyone measure how far the side of the cts sits off the ground after lowering... trying to get a mental idea of wut to expect..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.