Eibach or Exhaust? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Eibach or Exhaust? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; also do i have to purchase the alignment kit.. or does everything work out ok...im really looking forward to do ...
    TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Re: Eibach or Exhaust?

also do i have to purchase the alignment kit.. or does everything work out ok...im really looking forward to do this... but the guy at the place insists he needs the specs of the kit... i went on eibach's site and couldnt find one... where would i get one to show this guy wut the kit consists of...

Elvislives666 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

as far as exhaust goes i wanted to get a system that sounds nice and throaty while still giving performance... i dont want no civic ricer sound bt i def want people to know that there is exhaust on there... i know on my brothers old car you could def tell there was exhaust... i mean u would be driving on th highway and floor it and it rumbled nicely... does corsa give this kind of rumble... if not.. what company would be best to go with.

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by benzo
    Pjohnesq, just a few questions if you don't mind me asking. On your cts, are you having any issues with the tires rubbing when making turns after lowering it? What width rim did you go with and what was the offset for the rim? Also, what size tires did you go with? I'm curious to know as I plan on doing the same things (lowering/20 inch rims) you already have.
    I have no problems rubbing on turns. I get an occasional rub when cornering hard around a sharp turn or driving fast on the freeway and I go over a dip. As far as the wheel and tire details, I'll get back to you. I don't know the dimesions off hand so I'll look it up and report back.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/pjohnesq

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd
    as far as exhaust goes i wanted to get a system that sounds nice and throaty while still giving performance... i dont want no civic ricer sound bt i def want people to know that there is exhaust on there... i know on my brothers old car you could def tell there was exhaust... i mean u would be driving on th highway and floor it and it rumbled nicely... does corsa give this kind of rumble... if not.. what company would be best to go with.
    Magnaflow Exhaust! And throw in a Volant Cold Air intake. You'll get all that plus it won't set you back as much as a Corsa, in my opinion.

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You dont need to purchase an alignment kit but you do need to get the car aligned asap after installation.

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnesq
    Magnaflow Exhaust! And throw in a Volant Cold Air intake. You'll get all that plus it won't set you back as much as a Corsa, in my opinion.

i checked the magnaflow exhaust site and they dont have anything for the cts.. is there a certain one to get...

i checked the magnaflow exhaust site and they dont have anything for the cts.. is there a certain one to get...
    Check with my boy Sal at Nabers Cadillac in Costa Mesa CA. 800-945-5592. He is in the accessory department. He will know exactly what to get. He did all my mods.

Quote Originally Posted by benzo
    Pjohnesq, just a few questions if you don't mind me asking. On your cts, are you having any issues with the tires rubbing when making turns after lowering it? What width rim did you go with and what was the offset for the rim? Also, what size tires did you go with? I'm curious to know as I plan on doing the same things (lowering/20 inch rims) you already have.
    This is my set up - Enkei Kapone 20" x 8.5 43mm offset with Nitto 245/35ZR20 low profile tires.

im pretty sure i am going to have to change them since i am 99% sure i have the sport luxury package... and from my knowledge they came with the load leveling shocks... anyways.. the guy gave me the info of the price over the phone.. said he would have to see wut entitled before doing it.. so i guess ill just have to bring him the specs of the kit so he can see... just curious... anyone measure how far the side of the car is from the ground.. just so i can get a rough idea in my head of how low the car will look... i mean i have a black car so everything i change is a pain to see but well anyway... i wanna make sure its a good ride and is a visible difference...
    Here go my measurements - SIDE CENTER (middle of front and rear door - 8"); FRONT CENTER (Taken from center of front rubber "spoiler" - 5 1/2"; taken from center of edge of lower front grille - 9 1/2"); REAR CENTER (taken from bottom edge of bumber 11 3/4"); CENTER OF EDGE OF FRONT WHEEL WELL - 26 1/2"; CENTER OF EDGE OF REAR WHEEL WELL - 26 3/4".
    Hope this helps.

benzo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I appreciate your help man.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.