Estimated Horsepower Rating
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Estimated Horsepower Rating in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have a 2004 Cadillac 3.6 Liter with the Luxury/Sport Package. It is my understanding that the base HP rating ...
    pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

Estimated Horsepower Rating

I have a 2004 Cadillac 3.6 Liter with the Luxury/Sport Package. It is my understanding that the base HP rating is 255 HP. I have installed the Corsa 3.6 cat-back exhaust system and the Volant Cool Air intake system. Could anyone provide any information as to what the "new" estimated horsepower and torque rating might be of my vehicle with these modifications.

I'm looking to get to the magic number of 300 Horsepower and would appreciate any other "low cost" suggestions for performance modifications to help me get there. Any feedback from forum members is greatly appreciated!

I've also installed the Eibach ProKit springs and the Eibach antisway bar package and noticed a huge difference in cornering and overall handling.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MikeyVSeries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V (White Diamond)

Re: Estimated Horsepower Rating

i assume your talking about crank horsepower. Well with the exhaust intake you did. i say ur about at about 287-290 and thats giving u the benefit a bit.. try installing a pulley set. that will be good for 10-14 crank hp.

pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

Quote Originally Posted by CTSXtreme
    i assume your talking about crank horsepower. Well with the exhaust intake you did. i say ur about at about 287-290 and thats giving u the benefit a bit.. try installing a pulley set. that will be good for 10-14 crank hp.
    Where would I be able to obtain a "pulley set" for my CTS. I though I saw a thread here a while ago about a company willing to "machine: a pulley set for this vehicle but needed a minimum order of 50 sets to offset the "set up" charges. Does anyone know of a larger aftermarket throttle body for the CTS 3.6? Any help is greatly appreciated.

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I may be up to 290. Magnaflow claims 30 hp gain. Haven't had it on a dyno but I must say with the magnaflow and volant I feel the difference.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/pjohnesq

1500cc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS (sold), 2014 ATS

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnesq
    I may be up to 290. Magnaflow claims 30 hp gain.
    And Clinton claims he didn't have sexual relations with Monica.

Never believe claimed horsepower gains from aftermarket companies. Catback will gain you 5-10 HP at most. Intake might net 5, but be noisier than hell. Pullies might be another 5. However even if they are all true, they don't necessarily add up because they might each benefit engine power at different points in the rev band, not always at the peak reading.

In short, there's no way you're going to get 300 HP out of a 3.6 with just bolt-ons.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.