CTS United States Production Figures - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS United States Production Figures in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; M5eater has touched on a good point. In 20-30 yrs there won't be a car-nut generation. (sorry dave) Kids today ...
    daddy_o is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 STS, AWD,3.6 auto, Black cherry.

Re: CTS United States Production Figures

M5eater has touched on a good point.
    In 20-30 yrs there won't be a car-nut generation.
    (sorry dave)
    Kids today are raised on cheap, efficient, throw-away cars.
    What matters to them is the I-pod connection.
    Wait till the first of them figures out how to connect his X-box and control the car by his I-pad.
    Don't laugh, A guy I work with loves radio control stuff. He has an app for his I-pad that runs one of his cars, just by tilting it left-right, up-down. He has paralleled-parked the darn thing!!
    I told him to add a dash-cam so he can just sit and look thru the screen and not watch the car.
    He's working on it.

In 30-40 yrs fine sporty cars will be just museum pieces. No value.

carrnuttdave is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

daddy_o is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 STS, AWD,3.6 auto, Black cherry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1SCu9yiBlo

Thanks dave, that was great....

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by daddy_o View Post
    M5eater has touched on a good point.
    In 20-30 yrs there won't be a car-nut generation.
    (sorry dave)
    Kids today are raised on cheap, efficient, throw-away cars.
    What matters to them is the I-pod connection.
    Wait till the first of them figures out how to connect his X-box and control the car by his I-pad.
    Don't laugh, A guy I work with loves radio control stuff. He has an app for his I-pad that runs one of his cars, just by tilting it left-right, up-down. He has paralleled-parked the darn thing!!
    I told him to add a dash-cam so he can just sit and look thru the screen and not watch the car.
    He's working on it.

In 30-40 yrs fine sporty cars will be just museum pieces. No value.
    Were people really so different 30-40 years ago? Part of the reason collectable cars are collectable these days is because people tossed them in the garbage. If anything, people know better than to get rid of stuff for something new these days. My post was more in reference to the CTS not being a significant enough a vehicle to keep around in mass quantities when alternative fuels wipe the ICE out of existence and Fuel reaches say, $20 a gallon, or more. The V has a good chance at retaining most of it's production numbers through the next 5 decades, the plain CTS though, is like any other regular luxury sedan. A Very good luxury sedan, and an important one, but so is the 5 Series, and you don't exactly see a bunch of E12 or E28's running around everywhere. When these cars reach 15-20 years old or so and the car electrical harness needs replacement, the transmission explodes or the V6's start to burn/leak oil at a fantasic rate because they have 300K on the orginal seals people will not spend the few cool grand for fixes (if they're even available) A few will survive past the mass genocide and might get restored, but I expect a larger percentage of regular CTS's get the crusher than V's do.

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by carrnuttdave View Post
    All Cadillacs are/will be collectable except maybe the Cateras and Cimarrons
    The sixties and seventies Cadillacs have distinctive styling but the gas mileage makes them too costly for anything but museums and parades.
    The eighties and nineties didn't produce much in the way of artistic styling with a few exceptions (second generation Sevilles with the Hooper-inspired rear styling come to mind) and again, the gas mileage is too low to generate much interest.

The CTS with mpg's above 30 and top speeds above 130 mph, and its spectacular styling, marks a turnaround for Cadillac, and a return to the relevance the marque once had.

It will be named a Milestone because it fits every definition of the designation.

notld67 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS

the majority of cadillacs made did not have huge production numbers and they are not worth anything. CTS-v in decent shape will always be worth money. V6 cts models in the next 10 years you will see for $1,500 running. Hell you can get a running 2003 CTS for $5,000 around here now with high miles. Pretty soon the cts will be like all the other cadillacs, dented up all over, bumper hanging off with faded paint and big gold wheels rolling down the street rattling cheap subs to some gangsta rap with Dollar Signs painted on the door.

At least they wont be dragging ass cause the air ride rear shocks are worn out

notld67 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS

At least they wont be dragging ass cause the air ride rear shocks are worn out
    Yeah, like every towncar I see around here. I saw some kids in a mid 90's town car the other day with the back shocks blown and its ass dragging the road. Regardless I swear those kids thought they were in a Bentley.

Most 90's DeVilles too!

Compare a 72-73 Sedan de Ville to any of the 80 and 90's sedans and you realize what crap they are. Trying to meet emisions and fuel economy eliminated the true luxury that there used to be.

I still say its a significant Cadillac, and it will be desireable. It does not seem to appear clear to some people just what I'm trying to say.
    A milestone car and a collectible car aren't guaranteed to go up in value, and I'm not saying that they are investments. Classic cars are investments, and their value fluctuates. I am saying that there will always be a market for the first gen CTS. Until some radical change occurs its a fine daily driver.

Only the strongest will survive. Lots of CTS's are going to rust out, alot will be wrecked, some will be modded beyond repair, some will be stolen and stripped, and yet others will burn. The same as any other car. This constantly reduces the supply. Wrecked and repaired cars aren't going to make the grade either. Only the cars with exceptional fit and finish will make it to the top. Options, only the loaded ones will make it to the top.

The early sports/luxury cars are desirable, but the 3.6 blows away the 3.2, and later, the 2.8 liter.

Forget any CTS that came with 16 inch wheels. They'll still be wanted, by people that can't afford a better one.

So we are looking at the cars with the sport suspension, loaded with options, never wrecked, straight body with matching numbers, and the 3.2 or 3.6 liter engines as being the most desirable and most likely to survive. (This isn't the place to discuss the V models; they fall into a different category).

The CTS has stood out since it was first introduced, and as they disappear people will appreciate the remaining ones more.

Quote Originally Posted by notld67 View Post
    Yeah, like every towncar I see around here. I saw some kids in a mid 90's town car the other day with the back shocks blown and its ass dragging the road. Regardless I swear those kids thought they were in a Bentley.
    To them it probably was the equivalent of an ultra luxury car. Lincolns have looked so bad for so long...the '79 was the last of the boats and the Mark IV was the last one worth bragging about.

Quote Originally Posted by X Rolls-Royce View Post
    To them it probably was the equivalent of an ultra luxury car. Lincolns have looked so bad for so long...the '79 was the last of the boats and the Mark IV was the last one worth bragging about.
    I don't know. I sure wouldn't mind a nice Mark VIII

Yeh, I was thinking maybe I shouldn't have dismissed the Mark VIII so quickly. It was a nice look, but after seeing a few on a regular basis, they suddenly disaappeared from view. Maybe they had some reliability issue that knocked them off the road. This area is so wealthy and so crowded I see almost everything regularly. The Mark VIII just suddenly went poof, never to be seen again...

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Lincoln LS was a very good car. Cadillac is lucky that Ford gave up on that car. It was a very good handler, rode well, had a 280 hp V8 that sounded fantastic, a 10 speaker Alpine THX certified stereo, rwd, nice leather, etc. It had a nice classic look, too. If Lincoln had continued donw the same path, you might see a 5L V8 in it by now, with all the refinement of the new Lincolns. Would have been a very competitive car...
    carrnuttdave and carrnuttdave like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.