TC light, can't turn it off!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, TC light, can't turn it off! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; UK spec 3.6 Sports Luxury, TC light is on, was when I bought it and price adjusted of course! Also ...
    SteK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): UK Spec CTS 3.6 Sports Luxury 2006

TC light, can't turn it off!

UK spec 3.6 Sports Luxury, TC light is on, was when I bought it and price adjusted of course! Also on the screen I get the 'Service Stability System; warning. However all seems fine, car handles perfectly in all conditions. No ABS light stays on, does the check but only TC light stays on.

Also I can't turn TC off, per the manual by pressing the button in the glovebox, makes no difference. TC comes on on start and stays on, any ideas guys?

I do love this car and my only issues are this, the UK headlamp aim issue I posted earlier and no working sat nav. Oh, and these issuettes...

1. Key fob sometimes doesn't unlock (always locks tho) so I have to use the lock itself. Suspect battery in fob but it's both keys. Mind u fobs same age, both batteries maybe be dying....

2. DIC! I like the NS mirror to point down when reversing, not sure if you have this in US, so I can see kerb, but it always ends up in wrong position next time I use the car - pointing down already, points even further down after reversing. I think it's to do with the exit position feature, moves my seat as well! Sure this is a FTFM issue....

3. Noise in 1st/2nd gear range, sounds like a roar, could be engine, not sure, as soon as third gear is engaged it's quiet as a mouse. Seems to change around 1700-1900 rpm mark. Normal? I test drove another CTS in UK prior to this and it was the same.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 125k

Re: TC light, can't turn it off!

You will need to get this scanned by a techII to determine what is triggering the TC light to stay on, there will be a code for that.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

A48WillyzGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS
    On my non-NAV setup, you can adjust how the mirror on the passenger side moves for the curb-assist deal. I don't use it, just turned the curb-assist off, but I know it's possible.

carrnuttdave is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

The variable valve timing could be the roaring sound your hearing! When accelerating the valves are timed different so the engine is noisier until you smooth out to a cruising speed then the valves back off and it quiets down.
    I haven't played with the mirror to see if you can set it for an exit setting. I don't think you can, but that may be the problem. Just get everything set where you want it for driving position and hold down the position button til it beeps (Pos.1 or 2).
    If the traction control light is on that should indicate the traction control is off. You will get a DIC display that says "traction engaged" if the traction control is engaged. Since you have stabilitrac, it seems the steering wheel position sensor is the usual cause of these kind of problems. I dont know for sure as I don't have stabilitrac. So no steering position sensor

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Lock/unlock issue : batteries are cheap and easy to change, directions in the manual...why wait ? Do you point the fob from your shoulders or from your hip ? Spray the fob with electronic cleaner and work the buttons a few times.

johnys customs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cts 3.6 Auto

could be the wheel hub/abs sensor believe it or not. best to get codes read and report

curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 125k

Quote Originally Posted by X Rolls-Royce View Post
    Lock/unlock issue : batteries are cheap and easy to change, directions in the manual...why wait ? Do you point the fob from your shoulders or from your hip ? Spray the fob with electronic cleaner and work the buttons a few times.
    If it is the fob you can also try putting pieces of tin foil in between the button contacts and the circuit board, worked well on my old '95.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Right, long time no post, still have the same issues...

1. Key Fob, changed battery, still same - works 95% of the time - just seem to have 'blackspot's - I recently used a car park in Manchester (UK) City Centre, fob will not work at all - it's like there's something in the air... Same if I park across the street from the local shop/store - doesn't work at all. Next to the store it does. I live with it now - I'm sure it's microwaves or wireless internet interference...

2. The noise, still have, learned to live with it - it's engine I think, since revving in neutral while driving makes same noise. Only in top gear does it ever seem to go..

3. Still get the 'Service Stability System' message, cannot turn it off with the button and have the T/C light on. Car feels fine except I did have a hairy moment just before Xmas, merging with a major road, uphill dropping to downhill after the merge, I foolishly gave it a bit of right foot to impress my KIA owning passenger and scared the shit out of both of us as the car fishtailed left right for ages, like it was on ice. No ice but wet road recently dried. Never done it since and I've tried to recreate it, either it was the road or a symptom of the Stability System issue....

I've had an ODB2 thing connected to it, and there are no errors at all. The local US dealer who services and tests the car just groans when I mention it - sounds like its a pointless task however I know the car and compared with the millions of other cars I've had, it holds the road as well as any and part from the above incident there have been no dramas so I'm reasonably certain the warning is a false one. I just want to sort it or find some way of turning the bloody warning lights/DIC error off!! With the recent Ice warning and the washer fluid tank being low it bongs for ages!

Only other issue is I have one tail light out, keep meaning to fix, could this been a factor? It's been out since before I bought the car....

Also is it worth disconnecting the battery overnight to relearn everything?

muiscatron is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hi there, fellow UK owner of an 06 CTS here. Did you ever get your "Service Stability System" message sorted? I have had my car for 18 months and this message just started to come up yesterday along with "Service Brake Assist" and the TCS warning light.

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Hey stek, looks like us UK CTS owners are multiplying lol!

1. more than likely the contact on the circuit board inside the fob, contact might need a clean or the piece on the back of the button might need a clean also, can get dirt trapped in it.

2. Probably is just getting used to the car lol, its a whole lot different to what we have on offer in the uk!.

3. The OBD 2 will only do engine codes and probably wont show up any stability issues from the stability control computer, have you tried taking the ecu fuse out for a while to reset the ECU?

Tail light shouldn't really effect much but get it replaced, dont want a cop pulling you over for a quick replacement job:

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by muiscatron View Post
    Hi there, fellow UK owner of an 06 CTS here. Did you ever get your "Service Stability System" message sorted? I have had my car for 18 months and this message just started to come up yesterday along with "Service Brake Assist" and the TCS warning light.
    Have you checked with Bauer Millets to see if your car is due any recall work, send them an email with your vin and have them check, it turns out mine needs some new brake hoses but most of the other recall work was done, the Service Brake Assist message normally relates to abs sensors possibly even a fault with the EBCM electronic brake control module.
    Worth asking Bauer Millets as they were quite helpful in letting me know what my P0451/0453 error related to.

Quote Originally Posted by muiscatron View Post
    No I didn't, just lived with it.

Unfortunately I can't drive now for six months at least due to having a defibrillitor fitted a la Fabrice Muamba, I've not yet decided what to do with the car.

STORMER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS
    Just a bit of a thread revival. Mew member here bit an extremely active member coming from BMW forums.

Anyways just eondering if your guys cruise control is still working with the service brake assist and tc light???

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

The cruise control will not work with the brake assist and tc light on. I wish I knew why so I could tell you. Maybe because if you hit a puddle of water and your tires start to hydroplane, that our cars will actually adjust for that and slowdown/stop the cruise control from accelerating?

I am sure you've seen that email from a lady down in Texas where she hydroplaned into a pole. All because she had her cruise control on and when she hit the puddle, her tires lost traction and therefore her car thought she was going up hill. So in turn it applied more gas and accelerated faster and ultimately lost control. So therefore our cars may sense that the rear tires lost traction but the fronts did not and therefore disables the CC. That's just my guess.

KOT

STORMER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos
    The cruise control will not work with the brake assist and tc light on. I wish I knew why so I could tell you. Maybe because if you hit a puddle of water and your tires start to hydroplane, that our cars will actually adjust for that and slowdown/stop the cruise control from accelerating?

I am sure you've seen that email from a lady down in Texas where she hydroplaned into a pole. All because she had her cruise control on and when she hit the puddle, her tires lost traction and therefore her car thought she was going up hill. So in turn it applied more gas and accelerated faster and ultimately lost control. So therefore our cars may sense that the rear tires lost traction but the fronts did not and therefore disables the CC. That's just my guess.

KOT
    Yea it is kinda what I figured. I appreciate the quick response thanks. I am seeing some sub systems in the caddy are like the 3series. Which is good for me!

Looking forward to contributing and gaining from this forum thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.