What did you pay for you CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, What did you pay for you CTS in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I want to purchase a 2005 CTS, 1SC, with automatic transmission, standard paint, and without NAV. What is the lowest ...
    FAiello is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What did you pay for you CTS

I want to purchase a 2005 CTS, 1SC, with automatic transmission, standard paint, and without NAV. What is the lowest price I can get this for? $41,845 MSRP

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Coreyn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: What did you pay for you CTS

I paid 31,971...2005 cts with sport package (3.6 L V-6)..lots of rebates and alot of haggling (not fun)

TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

i guess u gotta do all that when ur cheap and dont really have the cash for a caddy...

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd
    i guess u gotta do all that when ur cheap and dont really have the cash for a caddy...
    or when you become a smart shopper and realize that haggling is good way to negotiate

Imbrokenow is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Or when you're smart and would rather spend the money you saved on your next vacation rather than your salesman's. See, not all of us live with Mommy and Daddy, so we try not to spend ALL our money on our car.

When I was 21, I was kinda spoiled, too...in fact, my Mommy and Daddy did buy me a new car (1987 Buick Lesabre T-Type). Being as they also had bills to pay, they haggled of course.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Or when you, uhhh,

dogzlife is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L Luxury/Sport

I paid $36K for a 2005 3.6L with Luxury package, upgraded grill,
    spoiler and 18 in tires and rims. Fully loaded except for the bose system.

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

Generally, it all depends on what you want, when you want it, and how bad you want it. If you order everything from the factory, chances are you're not going to get that great of a 'deal', but you'll get exactly what you want. If you find one on the lot with most everything you want, you are in a position to negotiate and/or walk away (do this two or three times before you settle on a final price if the salesman is unwilling to come down . . . you'd be surprised on how much you can save). If you’re not willing to walk away until you get your price . . . you likely won't get your price.

My experience was a dream. I wanted a manual and they had two sitting on the lot (for almost a year!). Six months ago (before the 2005's) I got a Certified 2003 1SC 5-speed for $26,900 with only 400 miles on it. It was a demo car that hardly got driven, since most Caddy owners want autos. Since it was 'Certified', I got the 6 years and 100,000 mile warranty which doesn't automatically come with the new car. I was obviously tickled pink, and wouldn't give up my 5-speed for the 3.6 for any price (unless it was the new hard to find 3.6 6-speed).

I did have to forgo the Nav system and XM radio, though. I've since installed a Terk Commander I picked up for cheap. It would have cost me somewhere around $40,000 to get everything I wanted, had I ordered the car. The ~$13,000 that I saved was more than enough to buy my other 'deal' of a toy . . . a 27' sailboat!

BTW, not having the 'cash for a caddy' or 'being cheap' was not an issue. I paid cash for both the boat and the car. I would have loved a CTS-V (which they had one), but was not practical, since I drive 30,000 miles a year for business, and have a daughter in college (which I'm also footing the full bill for).

CTS Orlando is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Or when mommy and daddy by their 18yr old shit a new Cadillac.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

I bought mine sight unseen on the internet. In fact I had never even seen, let alone driven, a CTS before I drove onto the dealers lot in my '01 Buick Regal GS. I had preapproved financing and a tradein appraisal from an agreed upon third party. The transaction took about 45 minutes total. The GMS price was about $36000 for a Red Line with luxury sport package with everything but satellite radio that doesn't work in Alaska and Nav and I got a fair trade-in, all negotiated by E-Mail. No fuss, no muss and best of all no PIA salesman yakking at me. I live in Fairbanks, Ak and the chosen dealer was in Anchorage about 360 miles away. I had a nice drive down in the morning and I was back home with my new ride by early evening. I presented the car to my wife for an anniversary present. She said she liked the Buick better because it had more room inside but I also notice that every time I glance over at the speedometer it is hovering between 90&100MPH. To me it was a tremendous relief to get rid of the Buick because everytime I went to the dealer I risked going postal they made me so mad so quick. I took the car to them because the lights were flickering a little but the car ran perfectly. Six weeks later I got the car back after they had destroyed the battery, burned up the starter, tore all the teeth off the starter ring gear, and they had no plausible explanation about how they had managed to do it. They gave me a rental car for five days and I had to pay for the rest of the time. At least they didn't try to make me pay for the work. I now have the best looking car in town and it drives like a dream and goes like stink.

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

03 caddy cts.. FULLY LOADED sport package.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    or when you become a smart shopper and realize that haggling is good way to negotiate
    Excusme..if GM was giving $5000.00 in rebates you have to me a spaz not take the incentives! I m far from cheap but I shouldnt have to msrp for a car when there were over 25 cts's just sitting on their lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Imbrokenow
    Or when you're smart and would rather spend the money you saved on your next vacation rather than your salesman's. See, not all of us live with Mommy and Daddy, so we try not to spend ALL our money on our car.

When I was 21, I was kinda spoiled, too...in fact, my Mommy and Daddy did buy me a new car (1987 Buick Lesabre T-Type). Being as they also had bills to pay, they haggled of course.

I agree with this gentlemans quote, i m a self mad man, i dont have the luxury of living at home with my parents. I own my own home with my wife, and do not need to overspend on cars. If you want to thats cool, but like he said"would rather spend the money you saved on your next vacation rather than your salesman's"

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyn
    Excusme..if GM was giving $5000.00 in rebates you have to me a spaz not take the incentives! I m far from cheap but I shouldnt have to msrp for a car when there were over 25 cts's just sitting on their lot!
    don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking advantage of all those incentives and then some. I definitely agree with everyone in here but caddykid. It will be kinda stupid not negotiating with sales person.

Quote Originally Posted by CTS Orlando
    Or when mommy and daddy by their 18yr old shit a new Cadillac.
    Love it man!!!! Cant we all just get along! hhahaaaa

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.