What did you pay for you CTS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, What did you pay for you CTS in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Pfrew...that was great orlando!...
    Coreyn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: What did you pay for you CTS

Pfrew...that was great orlando!

tzoid is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm just curious Caddy Kid....what kind of a hot shot 19 year old boy would drive a CTS? Yes, I drive one, have several other cars and have 2 kids older than you, neither one of which would want to own a Cadillac CTS. A tricked out Jeep, a Mustang Cobra, a C-5 or C-6 Corvette...a CTS with a 19 year old?? You just gotta be a little, ah, let me see, a little unusual. Maybe an alternative lifestyle....
    P.S. Grow up kid, you impress no one with your B.S. I can buy you and your parents any day of your sad lives. Have a nice day.....

Quote Originally Posted by tzoid
    I'm just curious Caddy Kid....what kind of a hot shot 19 year old boy would drive a CTS? Yes, I drive one, have several other cars and have 2 kids older than you, neither one of which would want to own a Cadillac CTS. A tricked out Jeep, a Mustang Cobra, a C-5 or C-6 Corvette...a CTS with a 19 year old?? You just gotta be a little, ah, let me see, a little unusual. Maybe an alternative lifestyle....
    P.S. Grow up kid, you impress no one with your B.S. I can buy you and your parents any day of your sad lives. Have a nice day.....

Caddykid your an embarrasement to NJ CTS owners. I hope i dont see you out there!

KadKat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

For some reason, this kid's postings got me thinking about what he's been writing about over the last few weeks.

In the following thread he states his father owns a wrecking business. Left to my own thoughts, his CTS and modding madness are probably more of necessity since it was most likely a salvage or lien recovery.

A few recent posters have been right on the money with his level of maturity and a poorly developed sense of Self Esteem.

What I really want for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd
    i love the people that are all jealous that they didnt get things that nice when they wre a kid... i guess u all just look at itl ike u work all ur life to drive a caddy and i did nothing... kinda makes u look like asses... however iwill mention that my partents did buy me a caddy... they aint cheap and go and haggle a saleman to bring down the price... u guys drive ur cts's stock when i got over 10g's put into the car and thats like 1/3 wut u paid for the car.. so listen up.. mommy and daddt may have bought the car but the kid still has the cash to blow on accessories unlike some... that consider clear floormats an accessory
    Dude get over it! Floormats are an accessory ...and it was a logical question. Now ranting and raving like a child is fine but if you can cant take it then don't dish it out!

I m having fun now, what other intelligent comments do you have now!,

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Hey Caddyclown

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Hey Caddyclown, you sound like a F'ing LOSER and you type like a F'ing illiterate!!!!!!! And guess what, there is an 18 year old kid (a super nice guy by the way) who is the owner of a CTS-V, on the CTS-V forum.

Why don't you go ask you parents why they were to damn cheap to splurge the extra $20k?

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

you think that's bad? Some of the modern parents buy their kids bmw, benz, jag ... all brand new too.

PS- Good friend of mine received a brand new m5 as his graduation gift and i was very jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    you think that's bad? Some of the modern parents buy their kids bmw, benz, jag ... all brand new too.

PS- Good friend of mine received a brand new m5 as his graduation gift and i was very jealous
    I got a 95 neon when i graduated college...( i paid for it)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd
    i love the people that are all jealous that they didnt get things that nice when they wre a kid... i guess u all just look at itl ike u work all ur life to drive a caddy and i did nothing... kinda makes u look like asses... however iwill mention that my partents did buy me a caddy... they aint cheap and go and haggle a saleman to bring down the price... u guys drive ur cts's stock when i got over 10g's put into the car and thats like 1/3 wut u paid for the car.. so listen up.. mommy and daddt may have bought the car but the kid still has the cash to blow on accessories unlike some... that consider clear floormats an accessory
    Congrats and when you wreck yo' car homey...you just pissed away 10K. Oh Where is your car in NJ ,...i ll hire someone to check out your accessories! hahahahahaha. I love this kid ..we should have nominated him for president!

leave the clear mats alone they did nothing to you

CTS Orlando is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours

In all fairness, my parents once expressed to me that as they love their children, theres nothing in the world that they wouldn't do for us as long as we deserved it, and it was within their capabilities. I've been pretty spoiled, but also very thankful and modest, I was never one to brag about what I had. A lot a parents are proud to buy their kids new cars when they graduate. It sours the gesture when the kid is an absolute douchebag and dishonors his parents generosity by being a putz about it.

If the TheCaddyKidd has learned any kind of lesson from this, we should all stop making fun of him and he can come back a better man for it. It would be nice to have an additional positive contributing member be part of the Cadillac forums.

Then again, its fun having a f*ck toy too.

PS, yes I'm making my own car payment

TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

you know i tried to end this a while back and i figured it was the bigger and better thing to do then to continue being childish but now i must confess that well it seems the popular mature thing is to be a douchbag... now for starters i am grateful for the car i got... second i got an 03 cts when they first came out so my parents couldnt splurge the extra 20g's on a V when the car didnt exist... third.. anyone that goes after another persons car is a ***** plain and simple... and if u got a problem then be a man.. i live in north bergen nj... u wanna f*** around then ill meet up wit u... dont forget... anything happens to the car and the police will find it easily enough to track down the culprit... or at least give me the address to those that offered to mess with the car... i told u once in this thread that i was playing around.. i thought we were all grown up... can nobody take a joke anymore... well idk.. u said i owuld walk away a bigger and better man.. well ur right.. i learned alot from this.. one u cant play around and have a laugh here and there withouth someone making it into a big and serious issue.. i thought we all were pretty well known on the forums and could mess around... this was supposed to be a place wher caddy owners could find other caddy owners and have meets and chill and discuss thier cars.. i am very proud of the car i have and can honestly say that before this the forum wuz always something always looked at when i was on the interent... well wutever....

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyn
    I got a 95 neon when i graduated college...( i paid for it)
    who said anything about college graduation.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

In defense of us rich kids...

My folks are millionaire immigrants who came to the US with nothing.

I have a part-time job at a clinic working for my parents that pays $10/hr, so I bring home $50/wk after taxes. They help out with school and books, but I'm still taking out student loans.

After they learned last year that my old Mazda 929 was on its last leg (blew a head gasket, failed water pump, broken timing belt, used up to 1 qt oil a day), they bought me a car: a rusting 93 Honda Accord with 115k. I let it go and bought myself a 92 Infiniti Q45 with 170k, which I've put five thousand dollars into (that I worked my ass off at two software companies to pay for) so I could enjoy something nice for myself.

Money can buy nice things. TheCaddyKidd reminds us that it cannot buy character. He compensates for low self-esteem (which comes from never actually earning anything) by making bizarre pseudomasculine half-threats on a Cadillac forum and flaunting a purchase his parents made.

Living in this part of town and attending a private university, I know his kind all too well. Most of them turn into heroin addicts.

-Jesda

PS: STOP TYPING LIKE A JUNIOR COLLEGE DROPOUT; LEARN TO SPELL AND USE PROPER GRAMMAR.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Getting back on topic... I think my parents set a pretty good example on how to buy a car.

In the past, when they werent so wealthy, they would haggle from morning until night, sometimes for days, speaking to every finance manager at every dealer in town.
    Justify it this way... lets say you make $40,000 a year after taxes, 40 hours a week, 2,080 hours a year. That means it takes you about three full work weeks to earn $2300. Say a total of 20 hours is spent haggling and negotiating with various dealers and scouring the Internet for deals -- thats only worth $380 if you had spent that 20 hours at work. If you save $2000 in the process of negotiating for 20 hours, you actually earned FIVE TIMES your usual hourly wage -- it pays to negotiate.

Now, my folks pay cash to avoid interest and intimidate the salesman to make the negotiation process shorter (their time is precious and limited), and I think they end up saving on taxes somehow by doing that. Still, if they dont get the low price and respect they want from a dealer, they'll leave and go across town or call around the midwest.

-Jesda

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.