Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  GRP 
#1 ·
I was thinking of going to my local Cadillac Dealership and purchasing the B&B exhaust system for my 3.2l CTS... I waas just wondering from the people that have this exhaust how much louder the vehicle got... im looking for a nice deep throaty sound.. not civic.. i have an automatic and am tempted to get just the plain dual exhaust from B&B not the true catback... jsut wante to know ow much louder the car got and if the upgrade is worthe it.. the guy told me it owuld be about 1100 installed. But i have also heard that ppl just throw on the volant intake and that makes hte car get a sportier sound.. idk... any input would be appreciated..

#2 ·
:yawn: I purchased a new B&B cat back dual exhaust system off of ebay. It was from a dealer closing them out. I got it at a wonderful price and was more than impressed with what I received. Beautiful, well engineered system. It was easy to install, I did it myself with no lift. The biggest challenge I had was cutting out the opening on the right side of the rear bumper. No template was provided with the system. Take your time, you'll have to make a copy of the left side on sturdy paper and flip it over. Check it several times before cutting. The end result was well worth it. Again, it's a beautiful system. The biggest advantage was going from a single exhaust system to a dual. Once completed I started the car and was impressed with the sound. This is my wife's car. The next day she drove it and was mad as hell. She complained it was "too loud". I hadn't driven it with the new system and I agreed it was much louder, after driving. Her's is a 5 speed and I'm sure it's louder than an automatic. Bottom line, it looks great, and sure it's louder, but the CTS is not your typical Cadillac 4-door. After about 6-months, my wife's not complaining too much. Wouldn't do any good! :bonkers:

Attachments

#3 ·
I purchased this exhaust through the summer sizzle price reduction, and even at the price I paid, it was NOT worth the money. The system was put together by an inexperienced welder at best, it has obvious drone at cruising speed (remember they CLAIM none of their systems have this) , and does not sound much better from behind the car. (Remember the bee's in a tin can, well this is very close). The chrome, or stainless steel tip, also turned an off gold color the first week.

B&B did contact me to see if they could help, but never was a true offer received. After seeing all the complaints on the CTS-V for drone, and someone providing a way to repair through cone installation, B&B jumped on this and started to offer free. When I inquired about one for mine (they NEVER offered or contacted me), they said I would have to install in the tip and of course no proof that this would stop the drone, or buzzing sounds. (I did not do it, as paying for addt'l installation and guesswork, seemed to only dig me deeper into this dung)

So ..... look at Corsa. Nobody that has installed it on the CTS or CTS-V has complained, and it is factory approved though GM. Since you cannot simply remove and reinstall the stock exhaust if not satisfied, spend the extra $$ and buy the clear winner or you may be highly disappointed as I am. Do your homework, I didnt, and fail to see any benefit to B&B.

#5 ·
Resonance explanation

TheCaddyKidd said:
I have heard alot of people talking about drone fomr some exhaust systems and i was wondering what is meant by drone.. what kind of noise are we talking about..
Drone (also known as resonance) is the byproduct of sound energy generated by your engine exhaust interacting with the body structure of the car. The engine and flow noises are amplified by the trunk and cabin cavities. This results in a low frequency, dull, thrumming sound that can be very annoying. Certain low frequency sounds can even make people sick and nauseous. This is the drone or resonance people refer to when talking about most aftermarket exhaust systems. You will typically not notice this drone when at idle or accelerating hard- it becomes very apparent at highway cruising speeds (actual speed and level of drone depend on vehicle and engine combo).

Most aftermarket exhaust, due to their design, are unable to cancel the low frequency noise. We at Corsa Performance have made the elimination of low frequency resonance our primary goal. We are the only aftermarket exhaust manufacturer that gives you the performance benefits of a free-flowing exhaust without the annoying part-throttle resonance.

Please call or email us if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Gautam.
Corsa Performance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.