Adding stock navigation to CTS Base. - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Adding stock navigation to CTS Base. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Anyone had there non nav dic to sell? I had went other way and got rid of stock nav and ...
    FeedUsFeetUs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 cadillac CTS

Re: Adding stock navigation to CTS Base.

Anyone had there non nav dic to sell? I had went other way and got rid of stock nav and using aftermarket system so I would like to bring back to life my dic and engine info controls you know? If anyone can help with the that would be great. I also have a old factory nav but it needs a button soldered back on as right side of the controls don't work.

s_tharsan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS Sport

Hi guys. I have an 06 cts sport wheel package with 6 cd changer, Bose system, and xm radio. I was wondering if I get a navigation system from an 05 cts. Would it be a direct plug and play? Thanks

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Base
    Quote Originally Posted by s_tharsan
    Hi guys. I have an 06 cts sport wheel package with 6 cd changer, Bose system, and xm radio. I was wondering if I get a navigation system from an 05 cts. Would it be a direct plug and play? Thanks
    It would work with some modding

I just removed the old one. Plugged in the wires for the navigation and also ran the GPS antenna right under the dash. It powers on but then says "theft lock activated". I'll go to GM in a few days. Would they give me any grief about unlocking the navi unit? Also what kind of mods are we talking and what wont work?

Thanks for the reply

So this morningI started my car and the theft locked activate screen is gone and the unit appears to be working properly. But I'm not getting any sound from the radio stations the preset is just blinking yellow. And I can't load any CDs. Help please

Quote Originally Posted by s_tharsan
    So this morningI started my car and the theft locked activate screen is gone and the unit appears to be working properly. But I'm not getting any sound from the radio stations the preset is just blinking yellow. And I can't load any CDs. Help please
    You gotta get it programmed. The nav isn't properly recognized by the car. You should be good after that.

Ok i just had it unlocked by gm and you were right it works fine. Thanks.

But I'm having issues with the cd changer. When I start the car 5 of the 6 cd slots are grey and one is colored. I pressed and held load the system beeps twice but I can't load anything. The slot is blocked. After I try this all 6 slots show grey on the screen. When I press eject it just beeps once. Lol I need more help thanks. Im so eager to have this working properly

Also when I put an audio cd in the top dvd slot it doesn't work either. The cd goes it and I hear it spinning and stopping and continuously doing that. The tech that unlocked my navigation doesn't normally do the work, I wonder if it possible in loaded the wrong firmware. He said he was going to install a fresh firmware and change the vin from there.

You most likely need your unit taken apart and lubed then your discs will be working properly.
    As for the DVD slot, trying cleaning it first then try putting an actual DVD in it to see if it plays the movie. If it does then you're good to go. If not, you have a problem sir.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I decided to take the unit out. I took the cd changer apart and found tray 1 was off track. I pushed it back into place and the cd changer now works perfect. However I still do not get anything on the DVD. The DVD gets sucked in but nothing shows up. I here the disc spinning and stopping over and over.

Also would Navteq 6.7 map cd work on the unit? Its for infinity and nissan

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.