Trans cooler line went... car stopped moving - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Trans cooler line went... car stopped moving in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; All of this is good to know......
    SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Re: Trans cooler line went... car stopped moving

All of this is good to know...

RoyalFlush is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 3.6L v6 cts lux

I was contemplating the jb weld at first but then i figured if the radiator was brittle enough to break on low load then the rest of the rad must be just as brittle and i wouldnt want to run the risk of coolant mixing with the trans fluid within or just dealing with any radiator problem again. I like the trans cooler idea. But $166 for a fresh rad aint TOO bad.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Not at all. The main issue isn't the radiator. its the fittings being brittle. I've had this JB welded rad for lord knows how long now, thru all kinds of weather. Still going good with no issues at all. And I run the CTS hard... every day.

a bit pissed. car is still stuck in the street by my job. was planning on doing the job today on my day off. I paid for 2 day shipping rock auto said i would get the part by wed. Well it's wed and i got confirmation from them it was shipped on the 8th for arrival today but fedex site says it was shipped on the 9th for arrival on the 11th . Taking the bus isnt that much of a problem it's leaving the panther on the same corner for 4 days that bugs me out.

talladega is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L

just dropped my car off to get rad replaced and external cooler put in. should be done for me to pick up on my supper break today

CT ESSENCE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

That Sucks. I always use the tracking info provided by the Carrier, not the seller. Why was the vehicle left on the street corner and not moved onto the property of where you work?

Here in queens i dont have a driveway to work and because of alternate side parking rules i'd have to move it. I have a spot in the buildings lot but the little B*tches in the buildings board got on me the last time i worked on my car stating "it's a luxury condo not a body shop". I'd rather keep them off my back. Figured I leave it there until i get the parts and do the job in the same spot.
    odthetruth and odthetruth like this.

CT ESSENCE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Sadly, here in South Texas, a vehicle won't last very long if it's left parked on the street. It's either towed away by police or stolen within a few hours.

I'm pretty sure stolen wont be a problem... the car wont move lol.

Dude I feel your pain. Alternate side rules suck in NYC. Its the main reason why I can't take on big jobs myself. No lot\garage\driveway = 1 day to do all work needed. LOL

IF.... you do need some work done by a mechanic, I know someone who'll hook you up. I might be able to get the car towed for ya at a much cheaper price too.

Good to know man. Actually I wouldnt mind having his info at all. I've been hunting for a trusted mech in case i had any issues but seems all i find around here are some scabby ass people trying to get over on you especially at the dealers we got out here ::cough:: city caddy ::cough::. If i cant get the baby to move then i'd be more than happy to use your guy. His shop in BK?
    odthetruth and odthetruth like this.

LOL City Cadillac are thieves. And yeah, his shop is in BK. Independent mechanic, not a dealership. Dudes a real good friend of mine, so you'll get best pricing dropping my name. I don't want to put all the personal details on the page, but if you got an email or something, lmk.

talladega is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L

well i got my car back. its all done! yay!

not sure how much it is going to end up costing me. gonna find out next week sometime.

having my car get worked on is making me want to do some mods. just not sure where to start and what i can do without spending too much $$$
    maybe i'll start a thread and get some feedback

Ok so my fittings on the radiator to the trans oil cooler lines are shot and one's broken/rusted badly and the ones that came with the new radiator dont work. Does any one know where i can find the part number for this thing? i'm going to open a new topic with the same question with hopes it gets more attention or that rippy might chime in as i'm stuck at this point. everything else has been really smooth.

thiczle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

this doesn't make sense to me. are you telling me that the line busted off the rad,(which happened to me this morning)and instead of either replacing the rad (because the threads stripped) or replacing the hose (because the threads on the bolt are worn) I have to jb weld the rad shut , and by a tranny cooler ? I also do not understand how the antifreeze can mix with the trans fluid. if the line is set up this way wouldn't it be mixing with each other from day one?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.