Couple of questions related to "losing" XM on my radio
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Couple of questions related to "losing" XM on my radio in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I've lost XM on my radio. XM band no longer shows up. It started acting up and then several days ...
    easman61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 3.6

Couple of questions related to "losing" XM on my radio

I've lost XM on my radio. XM band no longer shows up. It started acting up and then several days later it's completely gone. I do not have the IPOD interface - just the stock Bose Audio system in my 2006 CTS. I was going to pull the fuse but I can't find the fuse boxes that are supposed to be under the rear seat. I've removed the rear seat and for the life of me, I can't find the fuse box. I was going to pull the fuse and reset the radio. 2nd question - if this doesn't work I was going to pull the XM receiver. Where is it located in my 2006 CTS?
    Thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: Couple of questions related to "losing" XM on my radio

The fuse boxes are on the side beneath the carpet if you get what i mean..you have to pull the carpet back to find them i believe, it should be pretty easy to find though...even just unplugging the battery up front would do the same as pulling a fuse, unless of coarse it blew or somthn.

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

The actual XM radio is located on the rear shelf. You'll have to remove several things to get to it. Including the rear "sail wings". The rear part of the back seat and the rear shelf as well.

With the bottom part of the back seat removed, unbolt the rear part. I believe you can just loosen the bolts/nuts and just slide it up. But only after you've removed the upper nuts, which can be accessed through the trunk. You'll need a deep socket for those.

To remove the "sail wings" you'll need to remove those plastic clips that say "air bag" on them. Then there's a bolt behind that, 8mm I believe.

To remove the rear deck cover, just remove the plastic tabs. I threw mine out, and now I don't need to totally remove the rear part of the seat. Just those four nuts, from the trunk, and pull the upper part of the seat forward.

When removing the rear deck cover, take caution and watch for the rear window defroster wires. You could catch them and not know til it's too late.

The XM radio will be on the drivers side.

Even though I've given you the directions to get to the XM radio. Hopefully you've found the rear fuse boxes by pushing the carpet forward. And resetting the fuse helped. But even before you go removing the rear deck. Try resetting the plug on the head unit. Ask for help if you don't already know how to remove that.

KOT

carrnuttdave is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

Have you called XM? They may need to resend the signal to your car

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Quote Originally Posted by carrnuttdave View Post
    Have you called XM? They may need to resend the signal to your car
    This would apply if he actually was able to select XM radio on the dial. Since he mentioned that there are times that XM isn't even an option via the dial. Then that is telling me that the XM receiver has been disconnected. Which I have gone through that myself. But it was my fault, cus I unplugged it.

KOT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.