03 cts vs deer. help me please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 03 cts vs deer. help me please in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; hey guys havent been on in a while but to make a long story short. i hit a deer coming ...
    Redcaddy83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts

03 cts vs deer. help me please

hey guys havent been on in a while but to make a long story short. i hit a deer coming outta work last night. i paniced and left. now if ur from jersey i drove from parsippany to paterson. about 16 miles.once i got on the main highway i got the message 'check coolent level' there goes my radiator. im gonna try to put pics up but for the most part i just need to figure out how im gonna repair this. im gonna do most of the work myself. insurance dont cover this. where can i get a drawing or info on the front end? is it bolted on?welded? the nose is caved in and the right fender frame? well thats a little bent. ill try to post pics asap. although it hurts to even look at it any advice is highly appreciated. also if any knows a respectable autobody shop let me know.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Scattilac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC

Re: 03 cts vs deer. help me please

Holy 5hit man...At least your not injured. I hope you are a certified machanic as well as body man...From the looks of that impact, you are going to be digging a lot deeper than the radiator brother, sorry to bring you down. One route might be to get a detailed estimate from a body shop listing everything they would replace to at least get an idea of what you are up against - then, start turning wrenches....I hit one in Jackson 2 years ago in the drivers side front also, it was a BMW 3 series, but the visual damage looked less than yours, $4,800 later I was back on the road with numerous parts above and beyond the body panels replaced....Again, at least your not injured.

Coke_O is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2L V6
    Man, that kinda shit sucks major. But, like Scattilac said, atleast you're ok. And I second what Scattilac said about the estimate. That way you'll get a list of all the parts that need to be changed. Then you can decide whether or not you'll be able to do it all

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 118k

Man! Sorry to see that, glad you're OK. This is why I carry FULL COVERAGE insurance on my Cadillacs. Do what everyone has said, get an estimate on repair and use that for reference.

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Wow, what was your speed at impact? Since you drove home, 16 miles right? I assume the air bags didn't deploy huh? Why won't the insurance pay, unless you have liability only?

When I hit truck and have almost the same exact damage. It cost about $9,500 or so. But this was at a body shop that is a little over priced.

KOT

That was either a REALLY big deer or you were going pretty fast when it jumped in front of you, or both I hit a small deer in my Seville at about 50mph and it shattered the headlight assembly and misaligned the hood slightly on the passenger side. That car is a TANK!

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Here's a BMW who was traveling over 120 mph on the Autobond.

KOT

Damn! It looks like that deer got sucked right through the grill!

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Custom Deer Intake Manifolds are good for at least 30 extra horsepower.

That said, damn man, that sucks but thats going to be expensive. Depending on the year and how much you paid, you'd be better off doin something else with it.
    cthree, cthree, antti86 and 1 others like this.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L / 09 CBR 600rr - Bazzaz tuned

may be fixable for less than you think... just be sure to get the cheapest used parts possible.

you need a headlight, bumper cover, hood and probably a rad. grill you can probably find for under $100 or free on here if the right person pops up saying they want it gone.

next you will need to do a assessment of the rad support and A/C components, this is what may drive the price up.
    new rad support wont be cheap, but one out of a CTS that has been smashed in the rear you can probably snag for a fair price.
    the bumper is bolted to a short rod/bracket that is designed to compress on impact, you may need to replace 1 bracket if its pushed in..but i dont think it is.

how is your fender? bent?
    lets get some more pics of different angles and if you can pop the hood and get some snap shots of it...then maybe do a better assessment of the damage.

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Retail price on that is close to $10,000. Hood is about $1,000. A front cap (with hood and fenders is about $3500. If that is metallic paint, plan on $500 for paint. Plus headlights, labor, condensor, radiator, radiator support, metal ac lines, new hoses, etc.

Airbags did not go off because deer did not hit bumper. (Sensors are behind bumper.)

Since your vehicle is an 03, and since body is the same up until 07, you might get lucky and locate a front cap for under $2500. Find a junk yard with 2 or 3 front caps. Remind mgr that one of his fork lifts will eventually crush one of those caps the longer that it sits there. He might buy into that idea. It worked for me with a SDV.

Fordmax2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

sad

ellowmoto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6L

sorry to see this man, glad to hear your not hurt though!

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Like everyone has said, be thankful you are alive. In this province, we have moose and Id estimate that half of the accidents result in a death or more. Its shitty luck, but shitty things happen to everyone at some point. Get the car fixed and get back to enjoying your CTS. Posts like this always remind me to give a big hug to those close to me every time I see them...

BenzCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

I am a body man and your looking at a little over $5k. It can be done cheaper. I have done 2 CTS in the last couple months so I am a little short on extra parts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.