*** FAQ - DIY - Guides - How-To - Manuals *** - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, *** FAQ - DIY - Guides - How-To - Manuals *** in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Ok all the 2005 is up, if any of the links are duplicated or point to the wrong category let ...
    CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Re: *** FAQ - DIY - Guides - How-To - Manuals ***

Ok all the 2005 is up, if any of the links are duplicated or point to the wrong category let me know and if there are any pdf's to add be happy to see if they will host as it seems the google docs gives you 5gb storage!

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    I didn't look at all 7 pages to see if someone had listed a DIY for this, but it wasn't in the first page.

Is there any way we could get a DIY for removing the rear trunk bezel?

I'm thinking of taking mine off to clean the inside of it, as it looks very water spotted and dirty on the inside. (I have an 03 CTS with the greyish clear plastic bezel).

Not only would this DIY help people with my type of bezel to clean it, it would also assist someone of you wished to replace the old style bezel with the new one.

Like say you had this...
    image-773376142.jpg

And wanted this....
    image-1418142381.jpg

Rear bezel removal is relatively simple.

Remove your trunk lid carpet liner, most of it will pull off and the panel clips will come with it if not use needle nose pliers or a panel pin removal tool.

once you have that off there will be some 10mm nuts to remove (you will see the thread for the bolt sticking out of the holes with like a star type head to it) that are sunk into holes you will need a deep 10mm socket for these, remove all of them and the panel will then come loose, after that you need to disconnect the wiring harness and then you have a panel free from the body.
    Could have done a guide last week lol as I was fitting a reverse camera to my CTS and had to remove that panel.

Thank you! That's helpful. You probably have the metal bezel, so I guess I'd have to figure out a way to get inside the plastic housing to clean the clearish grey plastic.

And I have to ask, do have the nav system and were you able to hook it up to that monitor or did you install another monitor?

My filler panel is plastic not metal, only the bootlid part is metal, as for getting within the inside it might require a little heat to separate them possibly but without seeing one in the flesh i wouldn't like to say all the euro ones come without that as standard, never know there might be some more things to unscrew inside as most of the lights are held in by hex screws.
    must separate though as they sell them on ebay! http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-up-Cadi...a7be88&vxp=mtr

I would agree they must separate somehow...seeing as water gets inside it anytime I wash my car or it rains. It slowly drains out but that is what primarily leaves the ugly, grimy, water spotted look. It's not noticeable from more than 3 feet, but it IS the trunk and you DO notice it when you are lifting the trunk open.

I would assume a seal is broken but can't see it from simply looking at it. I would also assume this issue is one of the reasons Cadillac switched to the metal bezels. Looks cleaner, more high quality.
    Personally I like the look of the darker bezel though...it nicely contrasts my white diamond paint. I wish the plastic was a blackish color rather than brownish clearish grey, actually.

If you manage to separate it you could use a tinting spray then seal it up with some decent adhesive water resistant sealer

MY_05_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadilliac CTS V6

Need help!!! 05 cts will not start!!!

-----I have an 05 CTS engine-----
    My car will not start at all. Fuel pump not kicking on, I can't hear it at all. all the lights and the radio come on, battery brand new. all the fuses and relays are good. When i turn the key to start the car nothing happens! Once i hear a few clicks, then dead. OBD 2 Elite auto scanner CP 9185 says link error. DIC says service theft system. PLEASE HELP

MrR0se is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 3.6L

Does anyone know where I can find the parts numbers for the stock mufflers on my CTS?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

this is the best online parts catalog that i've found so far (at least for the illustrations and part numbers)
    it's basically GM's official parts catalog for dealers to set up and use as an online store

the relevant page you're looking for is: http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=376168&ukey_make=1 023&ukey_model=14463&modelYear=2006&ukey_category= 19512

looks like they don't sell the mufflers separately from the whole exhaust assembly (which is pretty expensive!)
    the three differences look to be with or without NDB and with V92
    i'd guess that you have NDB since it is a dual exhaust RPO code and it's more expensive (as you would expect the dual to be more expensive than the single)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Thanks, guess I'll have to check some junkyards around me. I don't need the full system, just the mufflers. Kicking myself for not holding onto them, but I had no space

ANother question here, will a 2005 stock exhaust work on my 2006? I called GM and the parts numbers are different, but it may be a small difference they said. So I figured you guys might know if they work or not.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Should fit with no issues, assuming both are from 3.6L

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

GR-CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

I'm looking for steps to replace oil cooler on 3.2L engine, and specifically how to get the oil cooler lines out of the way to pull the oil cooler out. Thanks, Ken.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i just noticed that the first group of links are not working
    (not even links)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.