Traction Control Light On and shift locked on PARK
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By sandalet
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Traction Control Light On and shift locked on PARK in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; hey guys, i did some research over here but i still cannot figure out my problem: My TC light is ...
    garfield310 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Traction Control Light On and shift locked on PARK

hey guys,

i did some research over here but i still cannot figure out my problem: My TC light is on and my shifter is stuck on park. When i try to shift out of Park a clicking sound can be heard on top of my steering wheel. If i hold on to the brake before turning on my car and quickly shift from park to drive then i'm good but once i go on PARK i can't shift no more. I checked my codes and i have these three:

C1295 - Brake Lamp Switch Circuit Open
    U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction
    U1088 - Lost Communcations With XXX

I cleared the codes and these keep popping back. I already checked my fuses and everything seems fine. All my parking lights are working. From what i read on some threads the C1295 seems to be the reason why i'm stuck on Park...and if this is the case can anyone tell me what exactly I need to do? I'm assuming it's the brake light switch that might have gone bad and if this is the case how can i access to it? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

By the way I have the 2003 CTS

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pajarito61906 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Blacked Out CTS 3.6L

Re: Traction Control Light On and shift locked on PARK

i had this same problem and it was my ecm i had to replace and get reprogrammed. it happened after i hit 100000 miles on my 04 and it wasnt cheap

Fleetwood49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-4, 1949 60S Fleetwood

This exact same thing happened to me today. Did you ever find the solution to this problem?

sandalet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-2003, 3.2 automatic

The brake pedal sensor. No signal to unlock the selector automatic. Therefore, the error code for the brake lights. It is my opinion.

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Hey Gibbs, this is where you are at, isn't it ?

cgibbs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS
    Yuppers.

----------

Except the fact I have brake lights when pressing on the pedal in any gear. I hear a sound when squeezing the shift knob button hut not the click in the shift device when pressing on the pedal which tells me its possibly the pedal sensor. Although I have brake lights....idk.

Fleetwood49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-4, 1949 60S Fleetwood

Mine turned out to be both left and right rear brake light bulbs were burned out.
    Replaced those, works fine now.
    Note: Center brake light worked all the time.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

LOL Your post was reported. Reason was:

"I had same problem a week ago, replaced two ecm units, turns out the battery was putting out too many amps. Check battery, make sure you have correct one, replace ecm, if your battery fried it."

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

CLANCE is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I also have a similar problem. Two days ago, I started my 2007 CTS and then closed the door to wipe off the snow. The car somehow locked the doors and locked me out. Then today, my car wouldn't shift out of park. After trying everything, I turned it on and let the heat run a bit, and also moved the steering wheel up and down, and then randomly I was able to put it in gear. After researching online, I have a funny feeling that the battery may be the problem so I am replacing that tomorrow. I will follow up to let you know if there are any other problems.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.