custom hoodliner - group buy feeler
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, custom hoodliner - group buy feeler in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; hey guys, i cam across this awesome hood liner on the jaguar forum. i was talking to the guy that ...
    ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

custom hoodliner - group buy feeler

hey guys, i cam across this awesome hood liner on the jaguar forum. i was talking to the guy that makes them and he can put a cadillac decal on them. they are fire retardant (something more needed in jags lol)
    he also said that he can make a trunk liner for our cars... im going to guess it is half the price or close to it.
    am also going to guess that he will need 10 or so to give us the discount..but dont quote me on that, its just usually the magical group buy number.

if there is enough interest i will try to get him to sign up as a vender and ill be giving him a link to this thread.. i think we should try to get this seen by the V guys as well..they use the same hood liner and hood right??
    price seems to be very fair. especially since he is willing to ship 2 in the same box for only $6 more..that means anyone close to you can split the shipping.

here the place that does it:
    http://hoodliners.blogspot.com/
    here is the jag thread:
    http://jaguarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30938

here is what he messaged me.
    ------------------------------------
    Hi Mike,

Liners are usually $85, $95 to $105 if they're larger. Most likely it would be $85. For group buys I can offer a $20 discount to make them $65 to $75. Decals are still $15 each, and Priority Mail shipping for one liner is $13 in the USA, $23 to Canada. I can fit 2 liners in each box, for an extra $6 shipping.

Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

agp
    agp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6L Sport | R1 drilled/slotted

Re: custom hoodliner - group buy feeler

I can ship USPS First Class for ~ $1.00 per package regardless of weight. If you all trust me enough and decide to buy this, I can help ship them out to individual members.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

mike i would possibly consider if he went outside the realm of just CTS's

hey tx, i actually mentioned the STS to him in my last message to him. its the same process, he emailes you a procedure of the measurements he needs and then you just email it back to him. im sure we could set up the group buy as a Cadillac group buy in general, not just 1g CTS. but hes going to need someone to do all the measurements for the first template for each different car liner hood and trunk if desired.
    i think im going to get the hood and trunk done on mine... seeing that i took my trunk liner off 2 years ago i think its time to put something back on there.
    ive still got the original, i just threw it in the CTS trunk 2 weeks ago to get it off the boat. lol.

i would be willing to do the measurements and go forward with a project like this...obviously i would be buying for two STS's

i knew you would be in on this one lol
    as soon as i get the email from him i will forward it to you. i got to get gaetano in on this to cut down our shipping costs.

tx here you go. just move forward this way and you can get your hoodliners. but you are going to want to talk to him about the logos.
    im hoping Gaetano will want 1 so we can split the shipping, as soon as i hear back from him about it ill be ordering mine.

apparently his email to me went into my junk mailbox, here is what he sent me.
    anyone want to make the CTS template?
    i was flipping through another forum and basically what he does is you just call him and quote the prices he gave me and then you are off to the races.

his logos can only be 1 color unfortunately. he sent me 3 cadillac ones. 1 is just a cadillac script, one is just "CTS" and the other is a more classic logo.
    im going to get the newer style cadillac emblem on mine, does anyone have a large jpg of one?

------------------------------------------------------
    Here's the procedure for sending me a template from an original Cadillac liner:

Remember that for correct and proper installation the hood MUST come off the car for installation and 3M #80 spray adhesive found at the Home Depot is what holds it in. Removing the hood, installing the liner and decals and putting it back on the car isn't as hard as most people think. Remember that my aircraft material liner is far superior to the original stock liner and it will NOT reflect heat back towards your intake.

It's very easy to make a template if you have the original hood liner from your car. All you really need is a vinyl shower curtain from a dollar store and a black Sharpie marker.

Lay the shower curtain out flat on a large work table or surface; a couple of
    sawhorses and a large piece of plywood works good too. Lay the original
    hoodliner on the shower curtain and then weigh it down with something heavy
    so it doesn't move. Some weights from barbells will do the trick if you have some of those. Try not to cover the mounting holes (if you have those) because those will have to be indicated.

With the black Sharpie fine point just trace around the edges of the original liner-you can use your free hand to press down the liner edge as you trace around. Indicate the mounting holes and any light cut-out if you have them. When you're done just lift off the weights and the liner, and the pattern will be done. Don't worry if the curtain gets dirty, and you won't need to cut it - I can do that here. All I really need is the outline shape, the mounting hole locations and the light cut-out. If you can, write down the year, make and model of your car onto the curtain - anywhere is fine. Then just mail the shower curtain to me and I'll take care of the rest! Regular 1st Class mail is fine, no need for Priority on your end - I WILL send your completed aircraft material liner and decal via Priority.

I'm at:

Gonzalo Duque
    Gonzo Productions
    333 S. Dobson St.
    Westland, MI 48186-8405

If you can either send me large jpegs or point me in the right direction where I can see the logos the Cadillac owners would want that would be great. Remember I can do them only in one solid color as I'm not set up for multi-color.

Attached here are a couple of examples of the Cadillac logos I can make. I don't have the wreath logo yet because I need a fairly large jpeg to make a decal out of it.

Thanks again and give me a call if you have any questions!

Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo"
    tbirddmnd@att.net
    734-637-8596 (AT&T cell)
    http://hoodliners.blogspot.com
    Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ktrack=kcplink

Gaetano04 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts sport

hahahahah suree mike ill take one

Quote Originally Posted by Gaetano04 View Post
    hahahahah suree mike ill take one
    LoL that was fast.

Gaetano04 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts sport

yaaa im dying to mess around with the caddy,,, it hurts that its put away, havent driven it in over 2 months

im definitely going to get with him as well

man yer tellin me... but ive been a lazyass with it since i took the insurance off... shes still sittin on the 20zz... i have a bad feeling about flat spots....
    wheels should be off this weekend though... my friend was going to come pull them off for me and when he got here we noticed my dad put my stockers in the attic...
    so i may just jack the car up, i just got 3 jacks from the gm express cargo vans... if you want 1 in april its all yours.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

The hood liner looks nice, but Im not sure Id want to show off my V6 unless it was supercharged or built...

I was about to order this liner and then rushed my drop project and bought the springs, now I haver to sort out the rest of what I need for that project before I put money into this. Ill prob order this liner and trunk liner in march.
    Now I need to find some more mods that I like.

Fiero is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6L Performance / Appearance 18" rims

I like!
    I would be interested in both a hoodliner and trunk liner when these become available.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.