Manual Tranny on 3.6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Manual Tranny on 3.6 in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi, I am new to this site and wanted to say hello and also to ask a question. I have ...
    QTwo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Manual Tranny on 3.6

Hi, I am new to this site and wanted to say hello and also to ask a question. I have had quite a bit of interest in the reemergence of Cadillac and the CTS in particular. Cadillac has had some very nice cars coming out and the future looks bright.

Does anyone have more information on the lack of a stick on the new 3.6 CTS? I drove an auto 3.6 and the engine seems to be up to the task but the lack of a manual is a big let down. Why is there a wait? When is the 5 or 6 speed scheduled to be available?

I a currently driving an Acura with 200,000 miles. My list of cars to seriously look at in the fall are the G35, 3 series and the A4. I would like to give the CTS a fair shake but I MUST have a stick (or an auto-manual like the M3).

Just read the C+D preview on the CTS-V, WOW!! Would love to entertain this option but out of the question. Can't show up at my customers with this type of rig or I would have a lot of explaining to do.

Thanks for your feedback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sdevine1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Manual Tranny on 3.6

Bad News: There won't be a manual transmission offered on the 3.6 CTS until the '05 model year (the 3.2 stays with the 5 speed manual). The good news: In the '05 model, the 3.6 will be available with a 6 speed rather than 5 speed. I'm hoping that they also use the manu-matic version of the 5spd auto they dropped in the SRX at some point.

Tyler80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS

Re: Manual Tranny on 3.6

Motortrend:
    Unfortunately, the current 3.2 remains the only engine available with the five-speed manual until June 2004, when this more potent 3.6 will be mated to a new six-speed manual.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.