Shifter Bushing(For those of you who are clueless like I was) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Shifter Bushing(For those of you who are clueless like I was) in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Dealing with the same problem. FYI, I found both parts at gmpartsdirect, shifter linkage #25757505 for $32.62 and Differential Housing ...
    birddj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Shifter Bushing(For those of you who are clueless like I was)

Dealing with the same problem. FYI, I found both parts at gmpartsdirect, shifter linkage #25757505 for $32.62 and Differential Housing Support Bushing #88984422 for $8.92, plus $14.99 shipping = $56.10 total for parts and shipping.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yeah that sounds about right for a good deal... i can probably come close to the GMPD pricing
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

soorad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 cts

I am being told that #13 is bad, also #8, as you said. Also apparently 1-5 must also be purchased with #8. Total for the parts is $290, but I see another mystery price increase in my future. I trust my mechanic, but not the local dealership (which is why I never take either of my Caddys there for service). I get the impression that they don't like other shops doing work that should be "theirs," thus the "package" price on all these parts.
    Can't possibly imagine why 1-5 need replacing, other than numbers are down this year at the dealership lol.
    Thanks for the info and the help. Maybe get done tomorrow. I will post the final parts list and repair cost then.

Thanks for the part numbers. . .too bad there are no pictures on the site. Do you know which parts in the diagram these numbers match? Also, anybody know the part number for #8?

1-5 just come with #8... you can get them separate, but you can't get #8 without getting the boot, knob, etc
    GM's engineering/parts contracts decisions not your local dealer's decision

i believe this is the page you're looking for with part numbers for the diagram
    http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u=...04&grouptype=B

notice how the description for #8 at the end says "(incls 1,2,5,6,9)" ... that's just the way it is

if you can get me your VIN i'll see what kind of discount I can offer you (need the VIN to make sure we look up the correct shifter)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

birddj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Differential Housing Support Bushing #88984422 is not in your diagram. I understand that this bushing can commonly be responsible for the shifter "clunk". Obviously located on the differential (see below) and is NOT the shifter bushing (#8) in your diagram.

Shifter Linkage #25757505 is part #13.

FYI these P/N are for 2003 CTS, there are other Diff Bushings for '04 and newer. I believe someone (Rippy possibly) has posted those on other discussions.

777616.png

VIN is 1G6DM577940113587

Sad thing is I really like this car, but my 2002 Eldo is much more reliable, (3 years owned, put 32k miles on it) has never failed to start, or been towed, etc.

With this latest repair, I will be at about $1700 in the last 6 months. The CTS (six months owned, put 10k miles on it) makes me really glad I have a job, AAA, and a credit card. . . lol sigh.

What else can I expect to fail/short out/fall off/break/ at around 80k miles? I need to know so I can start saving up. Great Job, GM.

birddj, those parts would cost you $50.38 plus shipping from me

(just fyi)

if you don't mind me asking, how much shipping did GMPD charge you?

soorad,

now that i've got your VIN in the parts catalog I can get a bit more specific.

there are two choices for shifter controls for you

#88943421 - $226.49 (list price) - $198.18 (your price) - does not include the knob, boot, bezel etc ... just the shifter control mechanism (#8 by itself)
    #25770395 - $477.29 (list price) - $417.63 (your price) - does include those other parts (knob, bezel, boot)

the linkage (#13) is
    #25757504 - $60.36 (list price) - $43.04 (your price)

---

i don't stock either of these, but I can get them from GM in a few days

Thanks for the offer.
    Paid $280 for #8 alone, didn't need #13, apparently. $425 ttl p&l.
    GM parts direct has #88943421 (#8 kit) for about $200 including shipping/handling. If I woulda had more time I woulda bought it from you Rippy.

GM PART # 88943421
    CATEGORY: Transmission Shift Control
    PACK QTY: 1
    CORE CHARGE: $0.00

List Price: $226.49
    Price: $161.71
    You Save: $64.78 (29%)

yeah, GMPD sells their parts at only a few percent markup but then will often over charge on the shipping and handling to make up for it

sometimes they don't do that though and you get a really good deal (and i can't even come close to their price with my discounts)
    usually I can come really close though once you include shipping ( birddj's post #16, which i followed up on in post #22)

cheers,
    chris

al's03cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts

Hey, Chris,

I've got the same problem with my shifter linkage bushings - both are gone. Do I need just the linkage #13 or do I need #8 as well? How do I order them from you?

Probably just the linkage (#13) - it's not nearly as common to replace the shifter ... and if you do it's for other reasons (usually)

just give us a call and mention you're a member on the cadillac forum and you'll get the discount

we're just closing now though... call tomorrow!

cheers,
    chris

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Base
    Imay be calling soon too. I'm having the clickity clank noise.

rgvcts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 3.6 CTS Luxury Sport

here is the actual part that is needed (mine is doing the same "clinck" noice everytime i shift to R, N, D,... Im gonna see if i can do it me self or have to take it to a shop later in the week...

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Base
    Quote Originally Posted by rgvcts View Post
    here is the actual part that is needed (mine is doing the same "clinck" noice everytime i shift to R, N, D,... Im gonna see if i can do it me self or have to take it to a shop later in the week...

Let us know what you end up doing. I should be working on mine within the next week or so.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.