GM XM Tuner & Wiring Harness Part #s?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, GM XM Tuner & Wiring Harness Part #s? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Can anyone provide the GM XM Tuner & Wiring Harness Part #s for an '07 3.6L CTS with NAV, with ...
    libertyforall1776 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Question GM XM Tuner & Wiring Harness Part #s?

Can anyone provide the GM XM Tuner & Wiring Harness Part #s for an '07 3.6L CTS with NAV, with Bose (radio has Band button)?

Thanks much in advance!

back of radio looks like this one:

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

Re: GM XM Tuner & Wiring Harness Part #s?

i thought were you have the ???? was were the GPS antenna went..

EDIT: nevermind, i just looked at again and you are correct. i have no idea what goes there

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

looks like a fuse where the ??? is
    if you post your vin (last 8 digits should be fine) or pm me i'll check it out
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

The picture is from the FAQ section on this website, nothing is plugged into the ??? on the car in question (and the ??? is a port with like 4 pins for a plug, by the way), nor the C4 port. So that picture is just for reference. Last eight are: 70100624

As background, we pulled the deck lid and radio today looking for a way to install the USA-Spec PA15-VETTE, but the XM Tuner wiring harness was not present. *sigh* I cannot believe they didn't wire it regardless, I have seen an '01 Camaro wired for CD Changer in the trunk even though it came with none, so it was assumed this would be similar.

Thanks.

ok, so you're car doesn't have XM and you're trying to add it?

EDIT: okay i see you're trying to add an ipod adapter via the XM channels (your VIN does say you have the UBS RPO which says "digital radio s-band" which i believe means you have XM currently)
    i'm still a bit confused, so why would you need a new xm receiver module? and if you do have XM then why would you not have it plugged into the back of the radio?
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Ok, can you provide us with what year your CTS is and what year this Navi came out of? And what exactly you are trying to do? Add the navi, or add the navi and xm radio?

From what I know, there was no xm radio for the 03. The navi was CD, not DVD based as it is from 04 and up. And on my 06, the xm radio wires are in C3.

KOT

ok on further inspection it looks like the XM audio channels on your car are carried via the body harness from the XM receiver module to the radio
    the module is under the back shelf and is #15847358 - it has the antenna plugged into it and the body harness connector as well
    the body harness takes the XM signal from the back of the car up to the radio

and after looking at this page http://usaspec.com/module.php?Module....news&NewsID=6
    i see that there's this mention: "New cable included for easier installation, no need to cut XM wire"
    so did yours not come with this 'new cable' ??

There is no XM Tuner module, no XM Tuner wiring harness in the Tuner location -- both need to be added...

Quote Originally Posted by rippypartsmaster View Post
    ok, so you're car doesn't have XM and you're trying to add it?

EDIT: okay i see you're trying to add an ipod adapter via the XM channels (your VIN does say you have the UBS RPO which says "digital radio s-band" which i believe means you have XM currently)
    i'm still a bit confused, so why would you need a new xm receiver module? and if you do have XM then why would you not have it plugged into the back of the radio?

As posted in the OP, '07 CTS with factory NAV & Bose.

Need to add XM Tuner, and wiring harness so the USA Spec PA15-VETTE can be added to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    Ok, can you provide us with what year your CTS is and what year this Navi came out of? And what exactly you are trying to do? Add the navi, or add the navi and xm radio?

From what I know, there was no xm radio for the 03. The navi was CD, not DVD based as it is from 04 and up. And on my 06, the xm radio wires are in C3.

KOT

did you read my other post?
    #7 ??

I thought I was being clear, there is NO XM TUNER under the deck lid, there is no apparent wiring harness there to plug-in the XM Tuner either, here lies the problem. A GM XM Tuner and harness to the factory radio is what I need part #s for. I think you are saying this #15847358 is the XM Tuner module for '07, correct? If so, thanks for that! Any luck on the wiring harness too?

GMPartsDirect lists it simply as "receiver" at $120.61 shipped.

The USA-Spec device plugs into the GM wiring which is not present, here lies the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rippypartsmaster View Post
    ok on further inspection it looks like the XM audio channels on your car are carried via the body harness from the XM receiver module to the radio
    the module is under the back shelf and is #15847358 - it has the antenna plugged into it and the body harness connector as well
    the body harness takes the XM signal from the back of the car up to the radio

and after looking at this page http://usaspec.com/module.php?Module....news&NewsID=6
    i see that there's this mention: "New cable included for easier installation, no need to cut XM wire"
    so did yours not come with this 'new cable' ??

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Your telling me your CTS is an 07 with factory Navi but not XM? Highly doubt that. I can understand that the 03 did not come with XM but did come with Navi. But from 04 on, if there was a factory Navi, there was factory XM. So you are not telling us something.

Brief sentences is NOT going to get you help here.

KOT

also i note that the USA Spec site says that you have to have "factory installed XM" - they probably wouldn't put in the word factory if it was possible to add in some XM parts after the fact --- also are you sure you don't have the XM module under the rear 'package' shelf?

so page 10 (fig 1) on their instructions (found here: http://usaspec.com/userfiles/editor/...al_booklet.pdf )
    it doesn't seem like you have to even remove your radio (since the XM receiver is under the back shelf)
    the step by step does say 'remove radio OR locate xm receiver' - note the OR

i hate to say this again, but are you sure you don't have an xm module under the back shelf?

Yes '07 CTS, GM NAV & Bose, no XM. Visually inspected -- decklid removed -- no XM Tuner module on the driver side -- nothing there except a mounting bracket -- no wiring harness either. This car was purchased from GM direct -- Exec. driven car -- so who knows, maybe it was an XM-delete for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    Your telling me your CTS is an 07 with factory Navi but not XM? Highly doubt that. I can understand that the 03 did not come with XM but did come with Navi. But from 04 on, if there was a factory Navi, there was factory XM. So you are not telling us something.

Brief sentences is NOT going to get you help here.

KOT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.