GM XM Tuner & Wiring Harness Part #s? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, GM XM Tuner & Wiring Harness Part #s? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; NICE glad to hear you got it figured out... flaky wire sounds right on to me...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: GM XM Tuner & Wiring Harness Part #s?

NICE

glad to hear you got it figured out... flaky wire sounds right on to me
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

roro0619 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

thanks. It's actually the belt not coming out instead of not going in. I did a little 'Macguyver' action to get it out pushing in the two brass locks but it still doesn't seem to pull out correctly.

So, I took it out for a ride and the signal didn't go out even once. I'll wait and see how it goes in the morning but I am thinking positively.

In regard to the seat belt tensioner, I took it out of the car and was able to get the majority of the belt pulled out. The problem is that when I let some back in, it doesn't pull out any more without me having to go through the same process. Any thoughts?

Best thing to do about the seatbelt would be to start a new thread in the STS forum.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Okay. I'll do that.

The bad news.... I am back to no signal today. It must have something to do with the heat. I'm wondering if I should change out the antenna cables.

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

I don't know if this link will work. Factory OEM Fakra XM Sirius Antanna Extension Cable New

If not, just use that to search for the auction on eBay. But the cables shall work, if the end pieces doesn't fit. Then all you need to do is to swap out the end caps. That's what I did to plug my factory antenna into my pioneer unit.

KOT

I may do that. I was just out to the store and still no signal. It was raining much of the afternoon and still now and it is in the seventies. So maybe heat isn't the culprit. It has to be some sort of short. I would push up on the antenna cables and the signal would be there and then I would let go and nothing.

REDLT4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

I did not have an XM harness from the factory but still installed the IPod interface.

This can be done, I wanted to report back and let everyone know. It requires splicing the USA Spec harness into the back of the C3 plug on the factory head unit, and then having the dealer turn on the XM band on the factory head unit. I just completed this and it works. I wish USA Spec would make a harness for the non-XM guys, but no. I also had to figure out the USA SPec harness myself, as they would not release that info. THis write up about installing Xm on non-XM equipped cars was a big help.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...all/index.html

jeff0101 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac cts luxury sport, with slotted rotors

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    your VIN number says you have XM (RPO UBS)

there's the picture of the XM module (#4 in the illustration)
    #6 is the body harness that goes all throughout the body to various modules (radio is one of them)
    now that i look a bit closer at the picture it seems like the XM module is not on the underside, but the top side of the shelf

you'll have to remove the trim panel on top of the rear shelf
    i can email you pdf instructions if you need them
    it's getting late, i'm going to bed - shoot me an email (address is in my signature) or PM me your email address and i'll shoot over those instructions on removing the trim

Whats the part number for #6? i need that harness. and i have a 2003 cadillac cts 3.2l with nav

your 2003 will have a similar but not exactly the same configuration
    for instance the antenna base is different and the antenna wire comes down the driver's side

however, the harness shown there does not have a part number
    the part number i can pull up for that 'callout' is the plastic connector body housing (no terminals inside or wires coming out)
    it would be easier to get one out of a salvage vehicle probably

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.