Anybody have the 6-speed??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Anybody have the 6-speed?? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I've had one ordered now for about 6 weeks, the dealer still hasn't heard when the 6-speeds will be shipped. ...
    celotti23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Anybody have the 6-speed??

I've had one ordered now for about 6 weeks, the dealer still hasn't heard when the 6-speeds will be shipped. Anybody have any other info?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JoeKr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS 3.6l SFI 6MT

Re: Anybody have the 6-speed??

Ah, another one is the same boat as I.....

Gotta love Caddy! Why build something that has orders in-place? Better off to build for spec buys at dealership. Also, their flexibility is admirable - keep moving the build dates out to keep that anticipation edge for their "important" customers!

They are living up to my negative expectations.

Regards,
    JoeKr

bigdaddycoats is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Contact William Mack at GM, he is the CTS brand manager. I have emailed him before and have gotten fairly quicj reponses to my questions.

Big Daddy,
    Thank you for the contact information. I guarantee I will make the effort for the contact and let it be known what is the reply.

I placed my order for 6-speed in July and still don't have a build date.

Thanks,
    JoeKr

Just for the record.....

I called again to Cadillacs Marketing Services number 800-333-4223, to get an update. I have called them at least every month for the past four months to inquire about projected build dates for the phantom 3.6l 6-speed. Of course, I did not get an answer. However, they did say they would contact me within 72 hours with an explanation. I will post the answer or lack of an answer in this thread.

As a marketing executive, I would encourage everyone that has one of these on order, or would like to order, to call this number. I know only one way that you will ever get attention from a large organization, and that is to 1) let the marketing group know we are not happy with these delays and 2) let everyone you know your dissatisfaction. Thus, calling directly will be put into some categorization that is reviewed (or should be) on a weekly basis.

Inquiries through the dealerships will not get back to the marketing group. Frankly, it is my opinion that making the inquiries through dealers is not effective. They focus on selling what they have, as they should! In the world of US automakers, no complaints = satisfied customers.

Secondly, I am also disappointed in myself for accepting Cadillac's non-specific launch dates for this vehicle and placing an order. The idea of getting a US brand sport sedan that actually performed hooked me. A manual transmission is a personal requirement. Also, living in the Detroit area I have a tough time to purchase non-US automaker's offering. However, that is a bit ironic, because my most promising customers are German and Japanese automakers.

Also, I am curious if there is a large amount of unsold 2004 5 speed manuals at the dealerships. If there is, it is a likely reason as any for not manufacturing.

JoeKr

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by JoeKr
    Just for the record.....

I called again to Cadillacs Marketing Services number 800-333-4223, to get an update. I have called them at least every month for the past four months to inquire about projected build dates for the phantom 3.6l 6-speed. Of course, I did not get an answer. However, they did say they would contact me within 72 hours with an explanation. I will post the answer or lack of an answer in this thread.

As a marketing executive, I would encourage everyone that has one of these on order, or would like to order, to call this number. I know only one way that you will ever get attention from a large organization, and that is to 1) let the marketing group know we are not happy with these delays and 2) let everyone you know your dissatisfaction. Thus, calling directly will be put into some categorization that is reviewed (or should be) on a weekly basis.

Inquiries through the dealerships will not get back to the marketing group. Frankly, it is my opinion that making the inquiries through dealers is not effective. They focus on selling what they have, as they should! In the world of US automakers, no complaints = satisfied customers.

Secondly, I am also disappointed in myself for accepting Cadillac's non-specific launch dates for this vehicle and placing an order. The idea of getting a US brand sport sedan that actually performed hooked me. A manual transmission is a personal requirement. Also, living in the Detroit area I have a tough time to purchase non-US automaker's offering. However, that is a bit ironic, because my most promising customers are German and Japanese automakers.

Also, I am curious if there is a large amount of unsold 2004 5 speed manuals at the dealerships. If there is, it is a likely reason as any for not manufacturing.

JoeKr
    The only reason is simple. Aisin shipped all the transmissions to GM, but several assembly parts are not shipped. That's why it's been on an "Engineering Validation" hold for almost 3 weeks. If you want to blame it on someone, blame it on Aisin. They got all wrapped up in their new 6 speed HD automatic for trucks, that they neglected their shipments for GM...

FWIW: They have produced about 260 6 speed CTS mules, I got to drive one...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

celotti23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the contact info. I also have an update. My dealer got back to me this weekend and spoke with his contact and said that the 6-speeds will be in production next month (October) and my order (since July 7th!) should be here by the end of Oct or early Nov. Just in time for the snow... Oh well, I hope that spring comes early.

So Miscreant, please tell me that the 6-speed is worth the wait...

Miscreant,
    Once again thanks for the information.... but it begs several questions:

1) Why is it this is the first that I have seen posted when it is a major point for several of the regulars on the board.
    2) Also, why won't GM give a frank answer to these questions? All the information we get is "second hand".
    3) You can blame the supplier, but as a supplier to GM, if it was a priority they would be raising holy hell with AISIN. From my seat, it just isn't a high priority.
    4) We should ask GM to throw in a set of winter tires for the cars.

Also, a great sourcing decision. With GM, its only price. Yeah, that's right. Base a modification on a new transmission from an untested supplier with an untested new product.

GM and Cadillac - Congratulations for living up to expectations!

Miscreant,

Regarding the mules - I guess the product "exists" if you are an employee at the proving grounds, GM exec, or participating in a GM PR project. Last I knew, a "mule" be definition was not a vehicle "for sale". As I have stated in the past - VAPORWARE.

Blame the supplier, but GM purchasing and powertrain engineering chose them.

JoeKr

Quote Originally Posted by JoeKr
    1) Why is it this is the first that I have seen posted when it is a major point for several of the regulars on the board.
    Because I just found out Friday. I've been trying to get to the bottom of this for almost 2 weeks as we have an employee here who is waiting. Got an email finally on friday, forwarded probably 10 times through the GM system, and got that response.

2) Also, why won't GM give a frank answer to these questions? All the information we get is "second hand".
    You've got to remember that almost noone has the information at hand. In most cases, it's "better" is there is an internal problem, for noone to really know what it is - would you rather just hear about a "delay" or say a "manufacturing problem"?

3) You can blame the supplier, but as a supplier to GM, if it was a priority they would be raising holy hell with AISIN. From my seat, it just isn't a high priority.
    I can see where that would come across.

ktills45 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    Because I just found out Friday. I've been trying to get to the bottom of this for almost 2 weeks as we have an employee here who is waiting. Got an email finally on friday, forwarded probably 10 times through the GM system, and got that response.

You've got to remember that almost noone has the information at hand. In most cases, it's "better" is there is an internal problem, for noone to really know what it is - would you rather just hear about a "delay" or say a "manufacturing problem"?

I can see where that would come across.

Sheesh, man, what is the car like with the 6MT???

All I got to do was move it, I never got a chance to take it out .

Caddy should just rename this powertrain option.... the Phantom.

At this rate they'll make so few of them they can start calling 'em "limited edition".

Oh, I know, the only ones that exist are mules..... they can call it the JackAss Special Edition.

Ahhhhh, I feel better now!

bigdaddycoats is offline Cadillac Owners Member

JoeKr:

How about a GTO. They have some great lease deals right now. I just got one yesterday for $279mo for 24/24.

Big Daddy,

It is an excellent suggestion. However, the car is for business use (company vehicle) and a 4-door is a requirement. If it was just for my personal use, the GTO may have been high on my list based on the value/performance equation. The styling "blandness" is OK with me. I like sleepers.

Historically, I have had to have BORING cars for company vehicles. Now, I have the chance to get something that's a bit o' fun and I am frustrated with the wait.

Regards,
    JoeKr

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.