Cadillac Wont Move
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Cadillac Wont Move in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hello- This is my first post I check through the post and did not see one related to my question. ...
    CRoyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Unhappy Cadillac Wont Move

Hello-

This is my first post I check through the post and did not see one related to my question.

I have a 2003 CTS. I was driving to work while on the highway driving around 60 white smoke started pouring out the back of my car. I pulled over turned the car off. Then started the car, the car started however when I shifted in Drive or reverse the car would rev but not move. Upon getting the car towed we noticed a puddle of transmission fluid.

Please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

WickedGoat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2/2004 GTO/2004 GMC Yukon

Re: Cadillac Wont Move

Sounds to me like the infamous transmission cooler line coming off the radiator. Peek down at the bottom of the radiator and see if the transmission fluid line(s) are still attached to the rad. If not, there is the problem and the fix is probably not going to be cheap.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

yupp.... that line can be a pain in the ass.....dont rev your car in gear, you could seriously damage the tranny.

WickedGoat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2/2004 GTO/2004 GMC Yukon

GhettoMike... what is the preventative fix for that? Can't afford to fall victim to that yet.... I was checking mine out the other day and everything looked clean, no rust or any signs of leakage.

check to see if the line is disconnected. if it is then you have to get it refilled, you may need new lines and u may need a new rad.
    when mine went i changed the lines, rad and then did a full tranny service ...dropped the pan changed the filter and new gasket, i figured it was a good time to get it done right.

one thing you can to to prevent this from happening (IF it isnt your line that blew off already) is to just replace all the faulty parts early, change the rad and the tranny line fittings. if you do it enough your lines should be ok, and you will just need a little fluid, however if you are over 90miles or so i would suggest changing all the fluid, the filter and gasket.
    i know the owners manual says the fluid doesn't ever need to be changed but that is a out wright lie, its like saying that tranny fluid never wears out.
    i fi knew it would happen i would change it all... mine cost a lot... around 1100 with

i want to report this as a problem and it should be recalled, i took a lot of photos and i have all the bills, i just have to find out how to report this and hope that everyone on here follows. i mean the brake lines were safety, you couldnt stop , the tranny line on mine blew on the highway and i couldnt speed up and i had a very dangerous spot to wait for a tow.

Thanks for the quick reply also the detailed info. When you say not cheap? What will I be expecting if it is that? I will find out tomorrow what is wrong I keep you guys up to date.

my thread ...the first link...gived a breakdown of it... i think $1100 with towing , but i vhanged the rad, and lines too.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

definitely tranny hose for sure. when mine popped off, i pulled right over and shut the car down. went and picked up a new hose, about 7 quarts of tranny fluid and put it all back together right there on the side of the highway...

Well , I just got a call back from the shop. Yup you guys were right. he told me I need a new radiator. The cost $895.00/ Is this something I can Do Myself?

895 installed? not saying good deal but not bad considering the tranny fluid.
    i bought the rad, installed it but left the tranny lines hanging, towed it to the dealer and they changed the lines and did the tranny... if its already there i would just say do it.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

i have replaced my own radiator myself as well and did all the work myself. not to difficult, but if you are confident in doing it then let somebody else do it. i purchased my radiator off of ebay (it was a brand new aftermarket one) for $154 shipped to my door step

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.