Transmission Fluid Change - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Transmission Fluid Change in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey guys, I'm gonna do the differential fluid change right now but I can't find how tight to tighten the ...
    s_tharsan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS Sport

Re: Transmission Fluid Change

Hey guys, I'm gonna do the differential fluid change right now but I can't find how tight to tighten the drain and fill plugs using torque wrench specs. If someone can tell me the accurate amount in ft lb, I'd really appreciate it!!! thanks!!!

GTA CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by s_tharsan View Post
    Hey guys, I'm gonna do the differential fluid change right now but I can't find how tight to tighten the drain and fill plugs using torque wrench specs. If someone can tell me the accurate amount in ft lb, I'd really appreciate it!!! thanks!!!

Tighten the fill/drain plug to 39 N·m (29 lb ft).

Quote Originally Posted by GTA CTS View Post
    Tighten the fill/drain plug to 39 N·m (29 lb ft).
    Wow thats a lot compared to the 15 ft lb for the transmission fill/drain bolts. Thanks.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

ive never used a torque spec on a diff check plug, usually just put it snug then 1/4-half turn and a spot of primer spray paint to seal it....stops it from spinning and make it more visible for any leaks.

so was there a drain plug and a fill plug on the cts diff? how did you get the old fluid out, i want to do mine, se use to use a vacuum tube to get it out but i dont have that equipment anymore...it was at the lube shop i worked at.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    ive never used a torque spec on a diff check plug, usually just put it snug then 1/4-half turn and a spot of primer spray paint to seal it....stops it from spinning and make it more visible for any leaks.

so was there a drain plug and a fill plug on the cts diff? how did you get the old fluid out, i want to do mine, se use to use a vacuum tube to get it out but i dont have that equipment anymore...it was at the lube shop i worked at.
    Sorry I didn't end you changing the fluid today because I was having difficultly with my jack. I will be doing it sometime this week but I'll post a DIY as soon as I finish.

Gaetano04 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts sport

mike whenever you wanna do it let me know lol but not thiss weekend im working days today and toorrow and gotta work mississauaga tonight

Ya in a couple weeks,workin right now and have a birthday up north next weekend to go 2. Still waitin on that job, but I've been told I'm gettin interviewed..they picked 9 out of over 65 applicants, and then cancelled 2 when they talked to them on the phone to book a interview, they must have been really dumb to mess up a phone call just to book a appointment...so its me vs 6 others,but I have a bad feeling they already picked some girl just haven't announced it,but I dunno if she even applied, otherwise she's gotta get the f outa my new office!! Lol.

Hey if you guys end you doing the diff change before me, could you take some pics so it'll help me out. And if I end up doing mine first i'll do the same. Thanks. Also I got some limited slip additive too from the dealer. I still unsure weather I need to add that to my 04 CTS, 3.6L. But there's no harm in adding some is there?

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

well im waiting on you...lol...and i wouldnt believe that it would hurt by puytting additive in there even if it is requirement, but im not positive

Quote Originally Posted by txbest1980 View Post
    well im waiting on you...lol...and i wouldnt believe that it would hurt by puytting additive in there even if it is requirement, but im not positive
    im most likely going to use redline fluid with the gm LSD additive.. more slick is never a bad thing...as long as you have the proper gear oil weight you should be fine.
    GAETANO i forgot to tell you im off work tomorrow and i found my carpet stream cleaner, if you want to do your car link me because we are setting it up to do my cts, julez jag, maybe even my jimmy...so if u want yers done come on by....
    also could use a hand finding the loose part in the steering on the jag...Active green and Ross fuked with it to try and make more $...alignment needed tie rods, now all of a sudden there is a clunk in the steering and now they say it needs stabilizer link ends.. funny how all the parts they want to replace they have one good and one bad of on display...sounds like a scam to me..

Quote Originally Posted by txbest1980 View Post
    I'm working a lot this week but hopefully I'll get it done by next weekend. In the mean time if someone could let me know if I should add the slip additive. I know the in Cadillac FAQ they used it but its for the CTS-V, wounder if its the same?

im most likely going to use redline fluid with the gm LSD additive.. more slick is never a bad thing...as long as you have the proper gear oil weight you should be fine.
    GAETANO i forgot to tell you im off work tomorrow and i found my carpet stream cleaner, if you want to do your car link me because we are setting it up to do my cts, julez jag, maybe even my jimmy...so if u want yers done come on by....
    also could use a hand finding the loose part in the steering on the jag...Active green and Ross fuked with it to try and make more $...alignment needed tie rods, now all of a sudden there is a clunk in the steering and now they say it needs stabilizer link ends.. funny how all the parts they want to replace they have one good and one bad of on display...sounds like a scam to me..
    i just got back from work passed right by your place, i took the Q.E.W home lol if i wold have saw his earlier I would have passed by lol

Quote Originally Posted by s_tharsan View Post
    Hey if you guys end you doing the diff change before me, could you take some pics so it'll help me out. And if I end up doing mine first i'll do the same. Thanks. Also I got some limited slip additive too from the dealer. I still unsure weather I need to add that to my 04 CTS, 3.6L. But there's no harm in adding some is there?
    wont do any harm, lol just a waste of money is all... it depends on when mikes wants to do his, mines still like new lol but then agian im on my third diff so far

Quote Originally Posted by Gaetano04 View Post
    wont do any harm, lol just a waste of money is all... it depends on when mikes wants to do his, mines still like new lol but then agian im on my third diff so far
    third diff? why?

mine original was howling annd whining like crazy so I swapped it out with one i found for like $450 with 2 year warranty,, that one started to leak from the output seal and both side seals.. so I through in a 05 LSD dif in there

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.