New Matte Paint job on the way
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, New Matte Paint job on the way in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hello Members, I finally got my 05 3.6 cts in the shop for a matte paint shop. I will be ...
    sticckz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac cts

New Matte Paint job on the way

Hello Members,

I finally got my 05 3.6 cts in the shop for a matte paint shop. I will be painting it Flat Grey ( Space Grey Metallic with a matte finish). I currently have the V front bumper and the V side skirts on my cts, but i'd like to add the ctsv rear bumber. My current rear bumper just does not look good with the side skirts and the front bumper. I think the V rear bumper will bolt right on, my only concern is the exhaust. I'm thinking i might have to get rid of my E & G tips? What do you guys think? Has anyone put a V rear bumper on base cts?

Here are some images of my car. with V setup, without aftermarket wheels.

Images of my car before the V setup and with rims.

Here is the color that my car will be in about 2 weeks.

Please feel free to share all comments, questions, concerns. thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cad-iLL-ac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

Re: New Matte Paint job on the way

My only concern is that the flat grey will look a lot like primer but its looks sick on that beemer tho.....what size wheels are those ur running?

Longsnapper52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Thunder Gray

Your car looks great! Just curious, what is the matte paint job setting you back? I've thought about it for a second and need your help to get me to stop thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cad-iLL-ac View Post
    My only concern is that the flat grey will look a lot like primer but its looks sick on that beemer tho.....what size wheels are those ur running?
    I was afraid of this too. You may have seen many poor matte paint jobs that appear like primer. In fact you may have seen primer jobs. It is a bit difficult to get a decent matte black paint job. If you ever saw Rob & Big on Mtv, they had a n 07 Tahoe with a poor flat black paint job in my opinion. It had glares everywhere. I have seen the BMW in the pics first hand, it was done by a shop local to me in Pasadena, Ca. There website is candccollision.com, you should check out there gallery! The thing with a matte paint job is that it actually does contain a clearcoat, and is just as protective as a normal paint job, however it can not be waxed nor can it be buffed. Here is a pic i took with my iPhone of the hood of the M3. The texture was amazing!

I was running 19x8.5 up front with 245/35/19, ET 35
    and in the rear 19x9.5 with 275/35/19 ET 38

Here are also some images of a matte black cts.

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnapper52 View Post
    Your car looks great! Just curious, what is the matte paint job setting you back? I've thought about it for a second and need your help to get me to stop thinking about it.

I'm afraid I'm a bit confused by your question. I'm interpreting that your asking me what motivated me to getting a matte paint job? If your considering a matte paint job, have it done through a shop that knows what they are doing! It is a bit difficult to get the clear coat precise since there is no clear coat you can buy now that will give you a matte effect to my understandings. I believe DuPont is working on bringing out a clear coat for matte paint jobs.

My advise, if you want a matte paint job, go with a shop that knows what they are doing! Also have them paint you a few samples of their matte work before they touch your car.

Ferny is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

that is gonna look bad ass! i wanted to do that to my V but i cant find it in me to mess up my nice silver paint. cant wait to see yours. i have seen matte black but never grey, and that looks . good luck bro. keep us posted

Caddy916Squad is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

wow im excited to see how this turns out i might have to do the same..
    still needs a drop though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferny View Post
    that is gonna look bad ass! i wanted to do that to my V but i cant find it in me to mess up my nice silver paint. cant wait to see yours. i have seen matte black but never grey, and that looks . good luck bro. keep us posted
    Thanks for the support, I'm very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy916Squad View Post
    wow im excited to see how this turns out i might have to do the same..
    still needs a drop though!
    Yeah i agree, i will be dropping it in a near future. Just thought I'd make the big upgrades/changes first. I'm also getting the rims on the BMW for my CTS. They are VMR V710They are not produce in our lug pattern, but i buddy of mine had them custom made for his g37 which are 5x114.3. All you have to do is contact VMR directly.

tutter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by sticckz View Post
    I'm afraid I'm a bit confused by your question. I'm interpreting that your asking me what motivated me to getting a matte paint job? If your considering a matte paint job, have it done through a shop that knows what they are doing! It is a bit difficult to get the clear coat precise since there is no clear coat you can buy now that will give you a matte effect to my understandings. I believe DuPont is working on bringing out a clear coat for matte paint jobs.

My advise, if you want a matte paint job, go with a shop that knows what they are doing! Also have them paint you a few samples of their matte work before they touch your car.
    i think he meant "what did it cost"

No I was just asking how much the matte paint job is costing you.

Quote Originally Posted by tutter View Post
    i think he meant "what did it cost"
    I hate to make assumptions, but if that's what you meant, here is the answer. . Since my uncle works for Sherwin Williams, I got a huge discount from one of his bud's. It will be running me $4500. Thats a huge drop considering C&C was charging me $8000

Thanks! Case closed. My wife would make me buy her a $8,000 trip to Fiji in exchange. What a beautiful paint job. It will look great on your car! Post some pics when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnapper52 View Post
    Thanks! Case closed. My wife would make me buy her a $8,000 trip to Fiji in exchange. What a beautiful paint job. It will look great on your car! Post some pics when it's done.
    In your case, i think i would stick with the stock paint job. Reason i got such a high quote was that i have a hit on my front bumper, my fender, and dings throughout the whole car! I'm sure you can have it done for maybe $6000 if your cts does not need body work. If you live in southern Cali, I would refer you to the shop I'm getting my car done at.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

im thinking it will look pretty sick also...go for it man

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.