What is up w/ my car!!!!!!!!!! Ready to light it on fire for insurance claim
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, What is up w/ my car!!!!!!!!!! Ready to light it on fire for insurance claim in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; SORRY TO KEEP MENTIONING THIS: Well i have a new radiator and the tranny fluid line popped out last month ...
    CadillacKid12 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 3.6L, Clear Fogs, 20" TV, Tints, Streeglow, V Bumper

What is up w/ my car!!!!!!!!!! Ready to light it on fire for insurance claim

SORRY TO KEEP MENTIONING THIS:

Well i have a new radiator and the tranny fluid line popped out last month as you all know .... therefore i thought it was the tranny fluid lines? Just put the NEW LINES into the NEW RADIATOR and while having it up on the jack stands purging the lines in reverse, the NEW LINE on the driver side (one that popped off last month) came out of the NEW RADIATOR..

IM OUT OF F-ing OPTIONS

KOT, GHETTOMIKE, PLEASE GIVE ME INPUT b4 I light this thing on fire and get a claim from insurance

or can u try to wiggle your driver side tranny line and see how snug it is... I REALLY REALLY REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is there a way to get a NEW OEM radiator for cheep??? i have a NEW aftermarket rad in there now b/c it was only $215 and a new one was 600+

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Gaetano04 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts sport

Re: What the hell is up w/ my car!!!!!!!!!! Ready to light it on fire for insurance c

i went to nitro and the make the rad line fitting there and splice it to the line for $30 im changing mine out tomrrow, I dont know why it keeps going on you, maybe they messed up the thread on the rad,, which line is comming off, the one with the fiiting fixed to the rad or the other

Re: What the hell is up w/ my car!!!!!!!!!! Ready to light it on fire for insurance c

the driver side one, the plug 'n play one, not the one thats threaded to the radiator. but, ya its not that im upset, im very flustered, i dont beat this car at all or nothing.... this car has been great since i got it 2007, its been fine for 3 years, then this same problem keeps happening, first the fitting falls of the radiator so i have to get a new radiator, then it falls out again so im thinking now that i have a new radiator it has to be the lines, then when i do it last night, new lines and new radiator, the line falls out again! its like the car is trying to tell me something

they both thread into the rad, they dont pop or push in, ,, i just did mine this morning and chnge mine transmission output shaft seal and nut and changed the tranny and coolant for the hell of it lol, my buddy doesnt chrage me for the fliuds so might as well

they arent the best pics, but i didnt have my camera and my phone camera is pretty shit
    Attached Images

no no no. not on mine, only one side (passenger side) threads in.. my driver side is this one that you gave goop around on page 2

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ne-part-2.html

that one just should plug in and clip in the rad it says

ghettomike said hes gonna be doing urs soon, you'll see that in a 04 2004 3.6L rad, the passenger side has a thread in w/ a little line that snaps on the side which connects to the tranny fluid line, then the driver side just has a line w/ a long silver nozzle that plugs into a hole and should clip in thats it

i did it today lol it threads in, it the tranmission cooler line, the pic i posted was the line i removed, maybe the gave you a different rad, but it threads in

plus i have a 2004 3.6l so why wouldnt ours be the same?

im going to take a picture.. im not arguing trying to argue with you, but that black line w/ a long nozzle plugs into my rad correct?, but i beg to differ.. be back in 10 mintues

that long nozzle plugs in to the radiator.. there are no threads, unless im just really stupid, you can see on the nozzle it it slightly raised. that is supposed to grasp on the clips inside the rad

here the nozzle (above) is now plugged into the hole at the bottom of the radiator, (that bolt looking thing) to the left hand side of the picture

unless that bolt looking silver thing is the one that has the clips inside of it to hold that nozzle in???

that bolt on the rad is a flare fitting that is supposed to be attched to the line/pice you pulled out, that threads into the rad does it not??? heres GMs diagram though it isnt greatly detailed shows both lines attached t the rad with the same flare fitting
    Attached Images

well thats a new line that i just got yesterday and nothing came attatched to the end of that line, neither did the passenger side line. Somethign is really screwed up!! but if u look on that picture, the line further to the left has my nozzle, not that bolt thing attatched to it to thread in the radiator? the flare fitting is already on the rad, not attached to the end of the line

im totally lost

and why is coolant comming out of your trans cooler line,,, the trans fliud isnt red ?

whats supposed to be comming out of it???

do u understand what im trying to say tho... the flare fitting already came threaded on the rad when i got the rad brand new, and that nozzle just plugs into the flare fitting

did you get the lines from the dealer??? because logically that line isnt high pressure but still is Pressurised, at least 10-15 psi.. this line just to snap in wouldnt bee suffiecent, that is why maybe your keeps blowing off. I changed mine today and when lossen the nut on the rad its attached to the line, it does have some play, but im not to sure why yours is like that, have you taken it to the dealer?? or do you have a mechanic you trust? i do all my work myself, and if i get stuck my freind of 22 years owns a shop, he was there today when i changed it, because i dropped the trany to change some seals, but mine threaded into the rad

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.