Transmission Fluid Line
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Transmission Fluid Line in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey guys, ya you pbly hate me but i'm starting to get mad at my car, my driver side transmission ...
    CadillacKid12 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 3.6L, Clear Fogs, 20" TV, Tints, Streeglow, V Bumper

Transmission Fluid Line

Hey guys, ya you pbly hate me but i'm starting to get mad at my car, my driver side transmission fluid line popped off my radiator AGAIN!!! 2x in 2 months, the first time the passenger side line went and the gasket came off the radiator where i couldnt thread it back in, so i had to get a new radiator. now today with not even a month old NEW radiator the other side just popped off??? i plugged it back in but got it towed home so i dont rip my tranny apart, when i hit passiing gear it slipped, didnt wana risk it.

i dont know if i have a clog in my tranny filter and its causing back pressure or when i purged the lines, i didnt do it good enough and air built up over a month and blew it out..

ANY BODY help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Re: Transmission Fluid Line

the line on the right should have come with the rad right? did the line come off the rad or off the fitting that is attached to the rad?
    if it came off the fitting it could have just been a bad connection.
    when you did your tranny last time did you drop the pan ?
    when i did mine i had it towed right away, car was shut off immediately, dropped the pan , filter gasket, magnet cleaned , new tranny lines, new rad. i did not skimp on a single $ on this because i would rather spend a couple hundred now than a grand or 2 later for a new tranny. i also had some sort of fluid additive put in, the tranny tech at the dealer didnt charge me for it, i think it was a synthetic additive or something like that.

also what engine do you have? i just found out yesterday the 3.2 and the 3.6 have different rads...and i assume the 2.8 is the same rad as 3.6

ya the first time the gasket that WIELDED to the radiator, popped off and was attached to the line, causing me to get a new radiator. today the other line just came out of the hole, the line that has no threads, just a long silver skinny end that plugs right in, today i just plugged it in ASAP. i did have enough fluid to start it back up and drive it up my driveway and put it in my bay garage, i cant push it up a hill, so i did suprise me i was able to drive it w/o hitting passing gear. how much did all the new lines cost. i may consider, cuz i alreday have a new radiator.

not exactly sure but it was around 2-300 i think. if you find my thread that says thanks for the tow in the title i think i have a brake down of some of the costs.

nevermind here it is... i hate when people say search when they know where it is....sorry

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...hanks-tow.html

post #13 in that thread:

cooler lines - retail $ 450 i paid $260
    tranny filter $91 i paid $44
    gasket $27 i paid $14
    tranny fluid $50
    some sort of kit - retail $33 i paid $30
    enviro and shop fees
    they only charged me $231 for the tranny service including install

shop cost about $700

plus rad - retail $550 i paid $340 that i put in and saved some shop time.
    plus 1 tow for $120 and then buying CAA 1 year membership for $100 for 4 tows.

i may check that out, cuz we had trouble putting the line back in to the fitting when i got my fluid changed. that may be a factor???

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Wtf is passing gear?

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacKid12 View Post
    i may check that out, cuz we had trouble putting the line back in to the fitting when i got my fluid changed. that may be a factor???
    one of the reasons i had the lines replaced was the inside was in bad shape, he couldnt get the line off the fitting. so if yours was able to come off but it was tough maybe this was a factor. maybe your lines are borderline done and you got them on but shouldnt have used them. its hard to say..this is just speculation. new lines will only hurt your bank..hopefully not your car.
    the lines are hard to get hooked on to the transmission, i have heard they attach on the top side of the tranny...again, mine was attached at the dealer, i only did the rad... i think i have a pic of my car on the hoist with it all appart, ill check tomorrow...i even took one into the tranny with the pan off i think.

when they filled the tranny he spliced into the new line, personally i didnt like it because when i useto do transmission fluid exchange we disconnected the lines and used new fittings to connect the line to the machine then the rad to the machine (it was a t-tech).
    basically he attached the lines then cut one in half to fill the tranny then used something to re attach the line together, and im assuming some clamps and a fitting. then he wrapped the line and insulated it..if he didnt tell me i wouldnt have noticed. also if it ever leaks at all they will fix it for free...but i highly doubt it will. it seems to be connected similar to how you would connect a rad hose and it must be secure well otherwise he wouldnt have done it. my dad knows him/works with him and he was the only one he would let touch my tranny...different mechanics have different specialties.

Kot where do you see passing gear?
    CK-there is also a specific procedure for filling this tranny to the right level, you have to check it a 2 different opperating temperatures and let it cool then check again I think I read.
    Maybe because of air pockets?

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

ya the first time the gasket that WIELDED to the radiator, popped off and was attached to the line, causing me to get a new radiator. today the other line just came out of the hole, the line that has no threads, just a long silver skinny end that plugs right in, today i just plugged it in ASAP. i did have enough fluid to start it back up and drive it up my driveway and put it in my bay garage, i cant push it up a hill, so i did suprise me i was able to drive it w/o hitting ((((((((PASSING GEAR.))))))))) how much did all the new lines cost. i may consider, cuz i alreday have a new radiator.

And he mentioned it in the first postin too.

KOT

idk wat they call it kot, passing gear is when it shifts over to 2nd gear. cuz its automatic i call it passing gear... ha ha

after my line blew and loss a large amount of fluid, we had to hand pump the fluid back in, in my garage. that drain plug near the exhaust is a bitch. its hard to tell if i need new lines. none are rusted and the silver tip is not screwed up.. it looks new. i dont know y its just popping out??? its weird. when we filled it up tho, we did it cold, then let it run and added more.. we did the procedure right, hes a mechanic but even hes shocked that it would pop off a new radiator. after he told me to plug it back in the hole today. i tried using 2 hands to rip it out and couldnt to see if its a bad fit and that fukers in there!!! its really akward..

hey GhettoMike, im reading in another thread about a sports grill you have a chrome V grill, is it GM... how much u want for it if you have it... that was off topic sorry, i also remember reading another thread about my issue. is there a recall on the 04 radiator.. and i have a 3.6L engine.. i saw u asked that eairler.. sorry for not answering that

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

Caddykid...we dont hate you, we just disagreed with your choice of color on lights...thats not hate, just us giving our opinions...

thank you TXbest , i got white ones comming now lol, I WANTED OPINIONS i didnt wanna get that carried away, i was talking outta my ass being a douche and trying to brag.. i had a bad week ha ha no excuses tho....anybody else wanna comment on the tranny lol ha ha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.