03 CTS Tranny Cooler Issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 03 CTS Tranny Cooler Issue in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hello Everyone, I have read multiple posts and have came to the conclusion that I am not the only person ...
    cupper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

03 CTS Tranny Cooler Issue

Hello Everyone,
    I have read multiple posts and have came to the conclusion that I am not the only person that has had the middle tranny cooler line burst off my radiator.
    I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find an answer to a seemingly very simple question. What is the part number for the tranny cooler lines? I have found replacement radiators, and I just want to replace it all at once to ensure that its all done. Can anyone help me? Do they make universal lines that will work? I have the service manual and see its just a metal block that holds the lines to the tranny, so I assume its a oem part of some sort?

Thank you for the help!!
    -Cupper

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Re: 03 CTS Tranny Cooler Issue

I never got a part number, but I got it from the dealer and they installed the lines, apparently they attach on the top of the tranny, I never checked I jusy had them do the lines, I did the rad and had it towed in for the rest.

dup's Cadi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS

Get an external cooler.

Thanks for the replies, I figured it would be a dealer part, but was hoping for the part number to look it up. As for the external cooler idea, The radiator with the cooler in it is less than $200.00. I can't believe I can even find an external cooler for that price, much less trying to find a place to install it and such....

Anybody else have any ideas on this, I would really appreciate it!!!

Also, Given this problem, can anyone explain to me, how in certain cases radiator fluid gets sucked into the system? I am looking at the possibility of putting an external cooler on it, but would I have to replace the radiator anyway?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.