Volant Cold Air Intake
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Volant Cold Air Intake in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I just installed the Volant intake in my 3.6 and wow! Definitely notice the bump in power, and the throttle ...
    andrewschenk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k

Volant Cold Air Intake

I just installed the Volant intake in my 3.6 and wow!

Definitely notice the bump in power, and the throttle response alone was worth the upgrade.
    Slight change in tone, little bit deeper (not really any louder) and takes out some of the stock 'rasp' nastiness.

There is a slight drone around 1700-1800rpm, but its nothing annoying like a rice burner.
    Acceleration is faster throughout, but one thing i really noticed was at highway speeds, i'd slow to 90km/h and give'er up to 140 and i was impressed with the pull the car had.

I was just sort of fluttering the gas pedal and oh man, did it sound great.

I was going to write up a DIY for the install but i just noticed there is already one in the caddy FAQ and it has everything needed i think... plus i couldnt wait to install it, so i did it in the freezing cold dark friday night.
    i didnt drive much this weekend, and when i did, i was driving pretty hard so im not sure what MPG gains it achieved, but im going to drive normal this week and see what improvements it has.
    I did get 12L/100km while driving hard, and i normally get about 11.4l/100km driving sensibly so im hoping it drops to about 11 or high 10's then when i get the summer tires back on and dont have cold starts/idle for 5 min it drops to low 10L/100km

i recommend this 100%, and i bought it from BigDaddyCaddy on ebay and i would recommend him 100% aswell.
    Absolutely love upgrade...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TunixComplex is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 5M

Re: Volant Cold Air Intake

will it work with the 3.2?

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by TunixComplex View Post
    will it work with the 3.2?
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...tion-3-2l.html

I have it installed on my 3.2.
    On the 3.2, I've noticed to put alot more throatier sound to it, and I'm sure its probably adding around 5-10hp at the wheels, but nothing major.

I find it with the Sport button on seems to be a great combo. LOL

ILLMATIK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!

This was one of the first mods i did way back when i first got the Caddy.

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS

What's up Illmatik where you been?

I want a Volant CAI but i other things to get first.

scoundrel111 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS 3.6L Raven Black Volant CAI,V-Exhaust,to many to list

i have an 05 3.6l volant barley installed and took out because i was frustrated with the install. scratches on it . up for grabs for $175 if any one wants it.

what was giving you troubles with the install? i would be willing to take mine out and re-install with detailed pictures if it would help you with yours

thanks, but i saw the FAQ and it was helpful. the fit was so tight and couldn't get the intake in right. I tried for about an hour or so and after a few bloody knuckles i gave up. i'll try something different later on. I think my car may have been in an accident, so it may a little off too.

mountainman1122 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts

I would be interested in that intake if you still have it...

Send me a PM with your info and I'll take pics for you so you can see it.

Lupin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '79 El Camino, '64 Corvair Monza

I put one in too. I absolutely love it. I got about 2MPG increase, and the sound is just amazing. I love the "intake" sound it makes when you rev the engine!

Yeah, while accelerating slightly aggressively you can hear a low growl, I think it's awesome. Makes the car sound like a lion. However, if I accelerate like a "luxury" car, It's almost silent.

*Edit* Also, mine was a VERY tight install, too. I had several bloody knuckles and dinged up the plastic a bit, but after a LOT of coaxing, it gets in. My car WAS in an accident, though, minor front end (no frame damage,) before I bought it, not sure if that had anything to do with it, but it seems that most people have very tight installs.

Nick CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

I have an 05 3.5, and installed my Volant about 3 weeks ago. My air box went right in. Its a snug fit, but it fits perfect. I do get about 2 to 3 MPG more with it. Throttle response is way better, mid range and top end pull is noticeably better. Only downside was how long it took to get. I ordered it from Summit Racing, and they drop ship it from Volant in California. Took about a month and a half to receive, but it was worth the wait.

Nick

mine was tight going on the throttle body because the air duct and 3"x2" rubber sleeve interfered with the rad a bit. if you clamp the sleeve snug to the air duct (but still loose enough that you can spin the sleeve, but also snug enough it wont come off when try to get it over the throttle body). then try and get it on the top of the throttle body, since you are able to spin the sleeve, spin it so that the top part that is successfully on the throttle body faces down, then carefully (very carefully) using a slotted screw driver pried the rest of the sleeve over the throttle body opening.
    do this with only the air duct clamp on
    unscrew the throttle body clamp all the way so it separates, than put it over the sleeve, feed the end through the screw and tighten.

this is the part the took me the longest, and it still was only about 10min of dicking around

6speedcts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 3.6 CTS lux/sport
    Quote Originally Posted by scoundrel111 View Post
    i have an 05 3.6l volant barley installed and took out because i was frustrated with the install. scratches on it . up for grabs for $175 if any one wants it.
    Yeah man I know what u mean on my 2005 3.6 it took me around 2 hours of taking it apart and putting it back together to finally get it in. It was way too tight of a fit right between the throttle body and the radiator hose.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.