Volant Cold Air Intake - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Volant Cold Air Intake in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by concorso No, different engine. The 2.8L/3.6L intakes are interchangeable Thanks for replying...weird that Volant doesn't list the ...
    Longsnapper52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Thunder Gray

Re: Volant Cold Air Intake

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    No, different engine. The 2.8L/3.6L intakes are interchangeable
    Thanks for replying...weird that Volant doesn't list the 2.8L on their website.

vashon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts 3.6

Can anyone explain what might be different from the 2006, 3.6 cts and the 2007 when it comes to installing a Volant CAI? I see several members have installed on their 2007 but all sites listing the Volant unit for sale, omit the 2007 saying it is not a fit??

Thanks!!

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    Quote Originally Posted by vashon View Post
    Can anyone explain what might be different from the 2006, 3.6 cts and the 2007 when it comes to installing a Volant CAI? I see several members have installed on their 2007 but all sites listing the Volant unit for sale, omit the 2007 saying it is not a fit??

Thanks!!
    I don't think there is any difference.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

I installed mine on my lunch break at work some time ago. Out in the parking lot of a jewelry store, in my suit. Took me maybe 22 minutes, not a drop of blood wasted, not a curse to be uttered. Went in like it was made just for my car. Come to think of it, they are. What gives everyone so much trouble with this install? I thought it went together absolutely swimmingly.

Love the 1750-2000rpm growl. A little more responsiveness. And that is what makes it worth every penny. I cannot wait to pair it up with a RX throttle body. CAN NOT WAIT.

I have not noticed any change in gas mileage. If anything, it has probably went down because, as stated earlier, I love that growl... so I will rev it up to 2k driving around town all the time, just to hear it purr.
    93DevilleUSMC likes this.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    I installed mine on my lunch break at work some time ago. Out in the parking lot of a jewelry store, in my suit. Took me maybe 22 minutes, not a drop of blood wasted, not a curse to be uttered. Went in like it was made just for my car. Come to think of it, they are. What gives everyone so much trouble with this install? I thought it went together absolutely swimmingly.

Love the 1750-2000rpm growl. A little more responsiveness. And that is what makes it worth every penny. I cannot wait to pair it up with a RX throttle body. CAN NOT WAIT.

I have not noticed any change in gas mileage. If anything, it has probably went down because, as stated earlier, I love that growl... so I will rev it up to 2k driving around town all the time, just to hear it purr.
    Are you going to get an iceolator as well? It makes a nice difference as well I can't wait to get the TB either it was wonderful.

I have the VMAX sitting in the trunk of my car, with two set of gaskets, six new Iridium spark plugs, and a dual check valve catch can... I just have no tools or garage.

Iceman_jd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6 CTS

I have the VMAX sitting in the trunk of my car, with two set of gaskets, six new Iridium spark plugs, and a dual check valve catch can... I just have no tools or garage.
    David come to phoenix and I'll let you use my tools and work in my garage for free. Beers on you.

I appreciate the offer, I do, but I think I would rather drive my car into a tree rather than drive it into the desert.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren
    I appreciate the offer, I do, but I think I would rather drive my car into a tree rather than drive it into the desert.
    Lmao....

Iceman_jd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6 CTS

Yeah it's pretty hot here now. They say the heat builds character, it makes you stronger. I definitely need a cooler place for the summer.

CTSandSmile is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black 2003 CTS 3.2 (lux/sport), bought in 2011, milage 96K
    Picking up this thread... Installed the Volant on my 2003/3.2. The install was pretty easy and sound also pretty good, but I'm wondering about the fit. The Volant dosen't go all the way out to the "airhole" on the inside of left front wheelwell. It seems that the Volant is a little shorter than the stock airfilterbox.

So is that a problem? Do I get warm air instead of cold air in the "gap" between the box and the inside of the wheelwell - and therefore through the Volant CAI?

Hopefully someone can understand my worries? Just drove 100 miles today in very hot summerweather and had no problems with the engine at any time.

/Jasper

scooter05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts

question sounds great.. is this mod be legal/CARB certified. California Air Resource Board. or "It can pass only if we say it can" I have used aftermarket parts before and passed the emissions with flying colors. But.... if it is not certified by CARB it fails visual and hence fails test and hence you have to put the old parts back on. stupid. thanks for listening.

VaderWS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    I've got a Volant as well, fitment absolutely sucks. Looks good, but the engineers at Volant are retards.

Maybe the person(s) at Volant that made the installation instructions will never be smarter than he/she was in 5th grade, but for the love of God(s) and all that is holy, you have to take very similar parts out to install the Volant. So, if the engineers at Volant are retarded, so are the ones at GM, for making such a similar part in the car in the first place.

What, exactly, is so hard about installing the Volant? Please tell me. Sure, holding the filter in place while attaching the MAFS was a little difficult... if you grew up putting the square peg in the circle hole. Anybody ever play with Lego's as a kid? That thing is literally MEANT to fit there. It was built to fit in our cars. And it does. Exactly like it is supposed to.

Assemble the box while watching cartoons. Eat a bowl of cereal. Install the box in the car. Drink some lemonade. Put the rubber connector hoses on the throttle body and the MAFS. Drink some more lemonade. Slide the MAFS end of the air tube into the rubber connector hose you literally just attached to the MAFS. Line up the notch in the air tube with the radiator bolt... its almost like its there on purpose. Rotate the air tube towards the throttle body, into that previously secured rubber connection. Recoonect the MAFS wire. OH MY GOD!!! You just installed the Volant cold air intake. And depending on how many cartoons you watched, it should have only taken you 30 minutes and two glasses of lemonade. Nowhere in there is there anything that involves cursing or bleeding. If you smashed your knuckles or had to curse your god to install this... maybe its not the engineers at Volant whom are retarded...
    ice berg slim and Argent1 like this.

ice berg slim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 2.8L

Maybe the person(s) at Volant that made the installation instructions will never be smarter than he/she was in 5th grade, but for the love of God(s) and all that is holy, you have to take very similar parts out to install the Volant. So, if the engineers at Volant are retarded, so are the ones at GM, for making such a similar part in the car in the first place.

What, exactly, is so hard about installing the Volant? Please tell me. Sure, holding the filter in place while attaching the MAFS was a little difficult... if you grew up putting the square peg in the circle hole. Anybody ever play with Lego's as a kid? That thing is literally MEANT to fit there. It was built to fit in our cars. And it does. Exactly like it is supposed to.

Assemble the box while watching cartoons. Eat a bowl of cereal. Install the box in the car. Drink some lemonade. Put the rubber connector hoses on the throttle body and the MAFS. Drink some more lemonade. Slide the MAFS end of the air tube into the rubber connector hose you literally just attached to the MAFS. Line up the notch in the air tube with the radiator bolt... its almost like its there on purpose. Rotate the air tube towards the throttle body, into that previously secured rubber connection. Recoonect the MAFS wire. OH MY GOD!!! You just installed the Volant cold air intake. And depending on how many cartoons you watched, it should have only taken you 30 minutes and two glasses of lemonade. Nowhere in there is there anything that involves cursing or bleeding. If you smashed your knuckles or had to curse your god to install this... maybe its not the engineers at Volant whom are retarded...
    Epic response is epic

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.