Cadillac Owners Forum banner
13K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  ice berg slim 
#1 ·
I just installed the Volant intake in my 3.6 and wow!

Definitely notice the bump in power, and the throttle response alone was worth the upgrade.
Slight change in tone, little bit deeper (not really any louder) and takes out some of the stock 'rasp' nastiness.

There is a slight drone around 1700-1800rpm, but its nothing annoying like a rice burner.
Acceleration is faster throughout, but one thing i really noticed was at highway speeds, i'd slow to 90km/h and give'er up to 140 and i was impressed with the pull the car had.

I was just sort of fluttering the gas pedal and oh man, did it sound great.

I was going to write up a DIY for the install but i just noticed there is already one in the caddy FAQ and it has everything needed i think... plus i couldnt wait to install it, so i did it in the freezing cold dark friday night.
i didnt drive much this weekend, and when i did, i was driving pretty hard so im not sure what MPG gains it achieved, but im going to drive normal this week and see what improvements it has.
I did get 12L/100km while driving hard, and i normally get about 11.4l/100km driving sensibly so im hoping it drops to about 11 or high 10's then when i get the summer tires back on and dont have cold starts/idle for 5 min it drops to low 10L/100km

i recommend this 100%, and i bought it from BigDaddyCaddy on ebay and i would recommend him 100% aswell.
Absolutely love upgrade...

See less See more
#41 ·
Picking up this thread... Installed the Volant on my 2003/3.2. The install was pretty easy and sound also pretty good, but I'm wondering about the fit. The Volant dosen't go all the way out to the "airhole" on the inside of left front wheelwell. It seems that the Volant is a little shorter than the stock airfilterbox.

So is that a problem? Do I get warm air instead of cold air in the "gap" between the box and the inside of the wheelwell - and therefore through the Volant CAI?

Hopefully someone can understand my worries? Just drove 100 miles today in very hot summerweather and had no problems with the engine at any time.

/Jasper

#42 ·
question sounds great.. is this mod be legal/CARB certified. California Air Resource Board. or "It can pass only if we say it can" I have used aftermarket parts before and passed the emissions with flying colors. But.... if it is not certified by CARB it fails visual and hence fails test and hence you have to put the old parts back on. stupid. thanks for listening.

#44 ·
Maybe the person(s) at Volant that made the installation instructions will never be smarter than he/she was in 5th grade, but for the love of God(s) and all that is holy, you have to take very similar parts out to install the Volant. So, if the engineers at Volant are retarded, so are the ones at GM, for making such a similar part in the car in the first place.

What, exactly, is so hard about installing the Volant? Please tell me. Sure, holding the filter in place while attaching the MAFS was a little difficult... if you grew up putting the square peg in the circle hole. Anybody ever play with Lego's as a kid? That thing is literally MEANT to fit there. It was built to fit in our cars. And it does. Exactly like it is supposed to.

Assemble the box while watching cartoons. Eat a bowl of cereal. Install the box in the car. Drink some lemonade. Put the rubber connector hoses on the throttle body and the MAFS. Drink some more lemonade. Slide the MAFS end of the air tube into the rubber connector hose you literally just attached to the MAFS. Line up the notch in the air tube with the radiator bolt... its almost like its there on purpose. Rotate the air tube towards the throttle body, into that previously secured rubber connection. Recoonect the MAFS wire. OH MY GOD!!! You just installed the Volant cold air intake. And depending on how many cartoons you watched, it should have only taken you 30 minutes and two glasses of lemonade. Nowhere in there is there anything that involves cursing or bleeding. If you smashed your knuckles or had to curse your god to install this... maybe its not the engineers at Volant whom are retarded...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.