Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post your best pics of your CTS here!

1M views 3K replies 524 participants last post by  elijahbrownell57 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#940 ·
Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

the color of the car isnt black. i looked it up and the car was re painted with a color called "thundey grey" and it has some pearl in it. so it changes from a dark grey, purple, huntrey green. definately the best looking color i have seen. i was sketchy about blacking everything out because of the color. but when i did it turned out really good. im looking for some nice HID's too. when i blacked the lights out i can barely see anything at night. so any tips on those would be nice! and yes i still have the wheels. i cant remember the brand they were.
"

#943 ·

when i blacked the lights out i can barely see anything at night. so any tips on those would be nice!
Hence why it is illegal in most states to tint headlight lenses. Form over function usually leads to problems.

#945 ·

lol, to long and kurt, lol yeah I have to contradict myself with the highquality as their pretty cheap subs lol, it was late and i had jsut gotten em in so i was still on the kid in a candy store type vinge, and well for the neon, to every man's himself right? I have noticed quite a few ladies like em though :) Just makes the car feel more personal to me than just another car

#946 ·

I like the maroon color, im thinking about getting one just to see what i can do with it. First would be to have it re-painted with a light metalic flake in it and then go from there. I would do tint all the way around, 35% on the doors, 20% on the rear, and then tint the whole front windshield with a light tint. That will give it a nice tinted look. Had a maroon escalade i tined like that and it looked pretty good.
lol, to long and kurt, lol yeah I have to contradict myself with the highquality as their pretty cheap subs lol, it was late and i had jsut gotten em in so i was still on the kid in a candy store type vinge, and well for the neon, to every man's himself right? I have noticed quite a few ladies like em though :) Just makes the car feel more personal to me than just another car

#1,017 ·

where did you get your fog light covers without the orange?? and are those hid headlights? those things look so good. where did you get those too
Thanks! I bought both the clear fogs/DRLs ($219.95) on Ebay along with the smoked side markers ($38.95) from neondials http://stores.ebay.com/Unique-Parts...12242967&_sid=114964158&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322. The low beams and fog lights are both 6000k HID kits from http://www.hidextra.com. Got em on sale for about $45 per kit but usually they are $60. I also replaced the filament bulb in the corner of the headlight with an LED close to the 6000k color when I swapped my interior for cool white LEDs. My other upgrades would be the R1 Concepts Premium Cross-drilled & slotted rotors front and back http://www.r1concepts.com/cadillac-cts-2003-std.htm, black painted calipers, 20'' KMC 651 Slide black wheels, Falken 255/30ZR20 92Y tires, 15% tint all the way around, removed the antenna from the back window, K&N FIPK (cold air intake), the LED swap as made famous by andrewschenk http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...03/191738-led-swap-diy-tutorial-how-lots.html (cool white), painted the factory gray brown grille black, swapped the front 4.5" door speakers with JL 6.5" coaxial C2-650Xs and also installed one of those antenna interrupters behind my factory radio so i have an iPod/iPhone input (charges too) and redirected my factory sub to a Diamond 1000w amp powering two Audiobahn 12s". Opinions are much appreciated! A few more pics are on my profile. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76777&d=1308533301

#969 ·

I'm sorry JW, but it seems you are losing alot of sleep when people say you are being a poser. If you wanted to prove how much sleep you aren't losing, you'd stop replying with the million paragraph answers.

I'm sure the only reason the V guy didn't tear into you was because he was being a nice guy in person.
We've got V bumpers, the V guys took our sport appearance side skirts, things like that happen.

A badge is much different, and to continue ranting about it wouldn't prove anything.

#970 ·

He probably did not tear into me because he had respect for another persons belongings. And you diagree with him because he did not have your way of thinking. Are you saying V guys can only speak their mind when they are hiding behinding behind a forum. I disagree, this person told me exactly what he thought of it and left it at that. He did not have to copliment me on the car. But he did. Thats because he was real. He said what he had to say and left it at that. Then we had drinks. :) I reply to remarks that are directed to me. I dont get on this site for the sole purpose of looking for something to reply to. I also like to see what others are doing to "THEIR" vehicles. To say ongoing ranting will not prove anything contradicts your post. Meaning you should have just ignored it. Was that not your advice to me. Sleep has never been a problem for me. How about you.. Have a good evening.
I'm sorry JW, but it seems you are losing alot of sleep when people say you are being a poser. If you wanted to prove how much sleep you aren't losing, you'd stop replying with the million paragraph answers.

I'm sure the only reason the V guy didn't tear into you was because he was being a nice guy in person.
We've got V bumpers, the V guys took our sport appearance side skirts, things like that happen.

A badge is much different, and to continue ranting about it wouldn't prove anything.

#972 ·

You ran into a V member who just so happened to collab everything you said?!

Cool Story Bro.

[P.S] - Sleep has never been a problem for me... I work in the Sleep department. LOL... Although I won't be asleep until about 8am or so.

#974 ·

Ha, you must have been sleeping on the job when you read the post. I never said he collaborated with me on everything i said. You should read it againg when you wake up bro. Or maybe twisting stories is your thing. Do you work for the tabloids. Just kidding calm down. You have a good day or should i say evening since you dont get to sleep until 8am
You ran into a V member who just so happened to collab everything you said?!

Cool Story Bro.

[P.S] - Sleep has never been a problem for me... I work in the Sleep department. LOL... Although I won't be asleep until about 8am or so.

#975 ·

OK - I will be the guy with the Superman "S" on chest again in this string of delight...Here to save the day...

I love JW's car, and as I said before in this thread..in my opinion it is one of the nicest cars I have seen on or off this forum - V badges or no V badges - It is F'in nice looking and while I know nobody is questioning anything other than the badges, I think he is getting a raw deal...Who cares if he has the badges and likes them..or, why do some of you really really obviously care alot about what he put on his car?

And once more for this, how is it there are still no comments on pics of cars with chrome trim around wheelwells and pillers, or stick on chromy things in every imaginable area they can find, or big ole DUB rims, or crappy tinted taillight jobs, or....you get the point, I will tell you why - It is everyones own personal choice and I guess it looks good to them?

Go ahead shoot - It will bounce off my steel chest anyway Da Da da..here to save the day.....F it, I am going to put AMG badges on my C350, be back later with pics ; )

#992 ·

And once more for this, how is it there are still no comments on pics of cars with chrome trim around wheelwells and pillers, or stick on chromy things in every imaginable area they can find, or big ole DUB rims, or crappy tinted taillight jobs, or....you get the point, I will tell you why - It is everyones own personal choice and I guess it looks good to them?
There are. All the time. They get made fun off incessantly too. TX gets ribbed for his chrome pillars. Some other kid was gettin' hassled for his blue lights.

Go ahead shoot - It will bounce off my steel chest anyway Da Da da..here to save the day.....F it, I am going to put AMG badges on my C350, be back later with pics ; )
Go ahead and do it! C350 AMG wouldnt be posing. C63 AMG would be!

#981 ·

neither one of those bikes really personifies the CTS-V. They are both pretty cool choppers. Just not Cadillac choppers. Just like putting a V badge on a cts does not make it a CTS-V, putting cadillac and V logos, and vents and mesh on a chopper does not make it a cadillac bike.

#983 ·

neither one of those bikes really personifies the CTS-V. They are both pretty cool choppers. Just not Cadillac choppers. Just like putting a V badge on a cts does not make it a CTS-V, putting cadillac and V logos, and vents and mesh on a chopper does not make it a cadillac bike.

Lets not make you lock this thread...hahaha