Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post your best pics of your CTS here!

1M views 3K replies 524 participants last post by  elijahbrownell57 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#854 ·
Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

IF that was a Chrysler in the picture it might look halfway decent, but that is a Dodge Charger, and looks way too bedazzled for my taste. Cars don't look good with stuff stuck all over them, keep it simple, keep it clean....

#855 ·

I would never do that to my car because its not the look i would want. But whoever done that it was because it was the look they were wanting. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and when that guy/girl comes out to look at their car their smile alone could knock you down. I have thought about buying one of those just to see what i could do to it. Im satisfied with the cts and i am ready to move onto another project. I think its time fo rosie to have a make over. I dont loose sleep over the remarks and i wish everyone well with whatever they decide to do with their vehicle. I say go for it, live and learn.To accept criticism and handle it in a proper maner makes you a better person. Have a good day. P.S. i would say let your dad live his fantsy, he,s earned it.

#858 ·

J W, your rim selection is spot on. Nice large 5 spoke lookin rims always look great. No orange at the front = great. Exhaust tips aren't bad, the interior is pretty pimp, and its a nice look.

The spoiler is definitely different. Can't say I like it, but I can see why others would.

I've got that same bottom grill and I spray painted it black. If I was you, i'd at least paint the edges of the silver and paint that black, while keeping the mesh silver at least. I think it would solidify the bottom grill look much better.

The V badges... yikes. This is what the guys in the V1 forum talk about constantly. The biggest downfall to your car are those badges. Fronting to be a V with badges = Not good. I know that may not have been your intent, but it will be seen as your intent by anyone looking at your car.

I'm not a big fan of stickers on the car, fake vents, chrome autozone crap, and all that. I've mentioned that to the other guys when they joined here. The V emblems are hurting you. Otherwise, the car is damn near perfect.

#859 ·

I had thought about painting the chrome lip on the hood to solidify the look but i was worried about the paint peeling off. That is a good ideal i have seen it on several other cts's. I would first have to tape it off with black tape for a couple of days and see if its a look i would like to have. People are always going to have their opions. When i first got the car i added the spoiler and it seem like whenever i was at a red light someone wanted to race. Id let them speed off with a smile on their face. Yes some will probably think im fronting with the v badges but they did not buy the car for me. I think if i wanted the v look i would have kept the v mesh grill i had on it when i got the car.

and maybe change the bumper out, stenciled the V logo on the calipers when i painted them, add some v floor mats, and when i had the head rest redone for the tvs i would have put CTS V instead of just cts. But thats not the look i was going for. I cannot satisfy other peoples quams over my badges for their well being. When i looked for wheels for my ext i was advised not to get them because they were usally on cars and would have to have them drilled for the truck.

So i asked, are you volunteering to buy some wheels for me. Once i had them on there i was not really 100% with them. But it was not because of what i was told it was because of the look of the exposed calliper and drum. Black chassi paint took care of that and now i have compliments instead of complaints. I could have went with the usal 5 spoke rim but it was not what i was looking for. You see, some people are just judgemental. They size you up with one look. They usally are wrong most of the time. I never judge a book by its cover. In your opion the v badges are hurting me, but in my opion the v badges helped accomplish what i was looking for. So eventually the people who are loosing sleep and getting into a freenzy over "MY" badges will die down and move on to someone else. I dont mind someone saying what there opion of the badges are. But to get bent out of shape over it is a little extreme. Life is too short for that. I apreciate your compliments on the rest of the car. And your opion about the badges. But the badges will stay unless god himself ask me to remove them. Have a good evening.
J W, your rim selection is spot on. Nice large 5 spoke lookin rims always look great. No orange at the front = great. Exhaust tips aren't bad, the interior is pretty pimp, and its a nice look.

The spoiler is definitely different. Can't say I like it, but I can see why others would.

I've got that same bottom grill and I spray painted it black. If I was you, i'd at least paint the edges of the silver and paint that black, while keeping the mesh silver at least. I think it would solidify the bottom grill look much better.

The V badges... yikes. This is what the guys in the V1 forum talk about constantly. The biggest downfall to your car are those badges. Fronting to be a V with badges = Not good. I know that may not have been your intent, but it will be seen as your intent by anyone looking at your car.

I'm not a big fan of stickers on the car, fake vents, chrome autozone crap, and all that. I've mentioned that to the other guys when they joined here. The V emblems are hurting you. Otherwise, the car is damn near perfect.

#860 ·

JW, What kind (brand) of wheels are those on your EXT? Those are soooo cool! never seen anything close to them.
I know everyone critisizes my car but i like it the way it is. So my opinion may not be the same as most but I like those wheels!! :thumbsup:

#861 ·

They are status wheels. I had seen a couple of other brands with somewhat the same style with little differences here and ther. But i settled on these.Thanks forthe thumbs up.

JW, What kind (brand) of wheels are those on your EXT? Those are soooo cool! never seen anything close to them.
I know everyone critisizes my car but i like it the way it is. So my opinion may not be the same as most but I like those wheels!! :thumbsup:

#862 ·

IMO, putting a V bumper or side skirts or exhaust etc...isn't being a poser or tyring to pretend you have a V. It's done for appearance or performance. Putting a V badge on your non-V does neither. It just tries to "fool" folks into thinking you have a V when you really don't. Why not just put a crossed checkered flag badge on? Would you put a cobra badge on a stock stang?
But hey, it's your car...do with it as you please. To each his own right?

#863 ·

I always looked at the v badge as a cadillac emblem. If you seen it on a dodge you would say thats off a cadillac, or some would say its off a cadillac v. But you would have to have some knowldge of cadillac to reconize that. As you said, v bumper, side skirts, etc.. is for appearence for some and for me its the badge that adds the accent i wanted. If someone looked at a stock cts head on that had its bumper changed to a v bumper they would think its a CTS V. It would not be until they walked around the car and realized it was not. They would think its some one trying to have the V look no knowing the person had just changed the bumper for appearence reasons. So would you acuse the owner of the cts of trying to fool someone into thinking they have the v? If you were to read my replies i never claimed someone changing their bumpers or side skirts were trying to be posers. I believe they did it because they wanted a certain look. What i did say was, me personally, thought it was the same. A crossed checkered flag is not a cadillac emblem. If i were into fords and had a stock stang that i was working on and the cobra badge gave it the look i wanted it would be on there. Its not like i would take my sls and put STS or DTS on it because i would still end up with three chrome letters. At first i tried the CTS letters on the fenders but it did no bring it together like i wanted. As i searched the cadillac emblems it was the v badge that did it for me. As you stated in the begining of your reply "IMO" you are right, it is your opion, and of course IMO the badges stay because like you said to each his/her own. Have a good evening.
IMO, putting a V bumper or side skirts or exhaust etc...isn't being a poser or tyring to pretend you have a V. It's done for appearance or performance. Putting a V badge on your non-V does neither. It just tries to "fool" folks into thinking you have a V when you really don't. Why not just put a crossed checkered flag badge on? Would you put a cobra badge on a stock stang?
But hey, it's your car...do with it as you please. To each his own right?

#990 ·

Badges do represent things i will agree. Im not going to kick the crap out of somen kid because he,s wearing a superman s on his chest. Im not goiing to try and have someone arested because they are wearing a NYPD hat and working at mickey Ds. Yes cadillac does change, it would be stupid not too. But i have yet to see them put the V bumper on a stock cts. I ran into a V owner who reconized my car from this forum. We talked and of course the badge subject came up. He did not agree with what i did but he understood why i did it. He also commented on why he never spoke on the subject. He told me there were so many thing being copied offf the v onto stock cts that it would only be fair to criticize them also. And that would just lead to a never ending subject. His point was he knew what he had and thats all that mattered. He siad no one can tell you how to do your own vehicle. Advice is okay but demands should be left out. So concorso when you continue your research on the cadillac evolution, maybe you can find out when the used the V bumper on the stock cts's . If someone want to put a ext emblem on their avalanche i would loose no sleep over it. It would not be a subject brought up at the next office metting nor would it be dinner conversation when i got home and i own both models LAD
You just being irrational,now. Noone is talking about kicking the crap outta anybody and I wasnt talking about a NYPD hat. I can gaurentee you wont see a McDee's employee wearing an official NYPD Police hat or Police badge! Wanna guess why?
Outside of the bumper, nothing else is being copied off the V. And as long as you dont use the V upper and lower grill unchanged, it doesnt even look like the V front end. The V bumper isnt the face of the V. The face of the V is the big upper and lower grills. The average person may not even notice a difference between a V bumper and a V6 bumper sans grills. Not that any of this is relevant. Look at it this way? What part of the V is copyrighted? The bumper sans grills, or the V logo?

You can explain it all you like. Noone is telling you what to do. Theyre just calling it like they see it, posing.

#1,002 ·

Whoa, calm down a little. Might have to get the bllod pressure meter out. Of course youwould not kick the crap out of a kid for that, of coure you make me wonder sometimes. But would you scold the kid for wearing it. Its a question that does not need a reply. A person would be allowed to wear a official police badge if they obtained it leagly. The trouble for them would be when they wore the whole uniform and tried to act as an actual police officer (posing). The thing is, the cts v is a great car. and if thats what the v badge stands for then so be it. But you cannot compare a cts v to a police officer or a war veteran. You can not call upon a ctsv to enforce the law or goto another country and risk its life so you can have the freedom to rant and rave about a car badge. You should choose better examples. My question still remains, did they make that bumper for the stock cts's. So what if you dont use the upper and lower grille. I put the badges on but did not use the side skirts, bumper, or grile. Same difference. You see, it my car, just in case you were not aware of it, and i can do what ever i choose to do with it thats within the law. Its thats plain and simple. You have a good evening
You just being irrational,now. Noone is talking about kicking the crap outta anybody and I wasnt talking about a NYPD hat. I can gaurentee you wont see a McDee's employee wearing an official NYPD Police hat or Police badge! Wanna guess why?
Outside of the bumper, nothing else is being copied off the V. And as long as you dont use the V upper and lower grill unchanged, it doesnt even look like the V front end. The V bumper isnt the face of the V. The face of the V is the big upper and lower grills. The average person may not even notice a difference between a V bumper and a V6 bumper sans grills. Not that any of this is relevant. Look at it this way? What part of the V is copyrighted? The bumper sans grills, or the V logo?

You can explain it all you like. Noone is telling you what to do. Theyre just calling it like they see it, posing.

#864 ·

I think when it comes to side skirts, etc... it adds an accent. I think when it comes to badges, it adds a brand. And its a brand you don't own, IMO.
I don't have a V bumper, nor a V grill. Nor V skirts, Nor V anythings. I have everything that came from a Sport appearance package CTS V6. Thats it.

If the "look you are looking for" is the appearance of having a car $10k+ more expensive, with over 100hp+ stock... then you pulled it off with the V badge.

I understand you are going for your own look, but posting that, here, where everyones going to give you a hard time about it (because the general consensus agrees that badging a V6 as a V is wrong), all the arguing about it in the world won't change everyone's mind.

#865 ·

I think and know with out the badges the car has pulled off the look for the horsepower and the price. But thats was not was i was shooting for. . I have been offered more than 10k for it before the badges. But the badges are my personal touch. If people on here want to give me a hard time for it then thats there choice. Afther all this is a forum. But also by this being a forum and being a cadillac forum then i too sholud be able to post pictures of my cadillac. If i wanted to put a set of bull horns on it like they use to do the older caddies i guess i would get a lot of slack about me trying to potray my car as a bull, cow, reindeer, etc.... Who knows go figure. Never the less its useless to waste so many pages on this badge topic when we allready know that there are a lot who feel the badges should not be on there. Of course there are a lot of people who feel it should not matter. You kept your car stock because that how you like to see your car and that was a choice you were entitled to. When ever you start changing things on your vehicle that was not originally on there you are turning itinto something it was not originally. I had a 78 transam when i was younger, it was stock with a 400 engine and positrack rear. I only know this because i was told . Im not a engine performance type person. Anyway a frind of mine wanted to to tinker with it. He had a 70 or 71 camaro he use to race but wrecked. He wanted to modify my T/A. I let him. He put the engine and transmission from his car into mine. Now i had a stock T/A with a 454 engine and a transmision with a slip kit. Whatever that is. Never the less you could feel the body twisting if you really step on it and could here the tires squeal when it shifted. This car was a automatic. So what im getting at is should i have put a camaro badge on it so i would not be betraying its as a T/A anymore. Because clearly the car was not the same car it use to be. Maybe those who do feel the way they do about the badges should start a petition with GM to not sell the badges to anyone unless they have a title in there name showing they own a V. See how long you they are on hold for that petition. Daniel Akerson himself could email or call me and say, hey JW you need to take them v badges off, And i would just simply reply to him that there are more important issues then my badges that his company sold me. Yes they were purchased from a GM dealer. Thanks for you concern about the hard time some people are giving me over the badges but i kinda enjoy responding to them to let them know there tunnel vision on this matter is not really necessary. As always, have a good evening.
I think when it comes to side skirts, etc... it adds an accent. I think when it comes to badges, it adds a brand. And its a brand you don't own, IMO.
I don't have a V bumper, nor a V grill. Nor V skirts, Nor V anythings. I have everything that came from a Sport appearance package CTS V6. Thats it.

If the "look you are looking for" is the appearance of having a car $10k+ more expensive, with over 100hp+ stock... then you pulled it off with the V badge.

I understand you are going for your own look, but posting that, here, where everyones going to give you a hard time about it (because the general consensus agrees that badging a V6 as a V is wrong), all the arguing about it in the world won't change everyone's mind.

#869 ·

I dont see what you mean. The reason being is because as i have mentioned a few times i am not a engine performance, suspension modification type person. A Nissan, GTR, turbo charger, intercooler, 556hp 700 hp etc... these things have no meaning to me. I can change a starter, water pump, brakes, differential, etc.. but these are things that come off and go back on the same way. I dont get into dropping the suspension, or modifying the engine. So why would i care if someone thought i had 255HP or 400HP. Those are just numbers to me. My focus is on comfort and vision. My vision. I do not care if a person can beat me to the next stop light. I do care about my vehicle being able to get me where i need to be and because i travel a lot i care about being comfortable.Longanapper quoted earlier about me having much to say. If he had read the whole thread instead of just copying he would have realized all my comments were replies to comments that were made to me. My only comment on this subject was i finally got it clean and decide to post some pictures.Of course i opened pandoras box by doing that but oh well. heres something for those with tunnel vision on my
MY badges.

You have a good day and enjoy the weather. Godd day to be out driving.
I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but you have to see how ridiculous that is to badge a V6 as a V.

Its just like this:

Just because this is a Nissan... doesn't mean its a GTR.

#870 ·

Looks SOOOOO much better without those damn V badges....And I did notice you said "the badges accent the red calipers." So, that V badge on the rear....helps accent the red brake calipers how? I can't see your calipers from the back at a stoplight, so to myself I say, sweet! nice V! BUT then, the light turns green and I see no V skirts, no V bumper, and I start laughing my ass off because some punk stuck V badges on his V6 CTS. Just an observation....

#872 ·

The badges came as a set, i had the option to throw one away or place it on the car. I placed it. You will never see in a forum where someone says they raced my car and won. Thats because i dont race. So the poser point is mute. You theory of view the car from the rear and saying nice v goes both ways. I could have changed the bumper to a v bumper and maybey one day you could have came upon it head on and said nice v. That would be until you walked around it and did not see the skirts, calipers, etc.. So would you then be laughing whats left of your ass off because some punk put a v bumper on their car. Jut an obsevation.... Its a nice day, take a drive and think about it. Thank you
Looks SOOOOO much better without those damn V badges....And I did notice you said "the badges accent the red calipers." So, that V badge on the rear....helps accent the red brake calipers how? I can't see your calipers from the back at a stoplight, so to myself I say, sweet! nice V! BUT then, the light turns green and I see no V skirts, no V bumper, and I start laughing my ass off because some punk stuck V badges on his V6 CTS. Just an observation....

#876 ·

I would love to hear them T off on this guy. I mean I love that car, except the V badges, those take away all merit it may have had.

#887 ·

I like those wheels Longsnapper52- I wonder if they would fit on a 2004 Base CTS. I ask this because I see some 5 hole bolt patterns that specifically indicate that they work only with newer model Cadillac CTS (i.e. 2008-2011), while others it is indicated they fitment is universal and will work with the Generation 1 car.

Any input appreciated!

Yup...I'll get it back on track.

I'm thinking about V springs and or FE4s. I want to lower the car but not slam it. Input?

#890 ·

longsnapper...i like the way your car sits now, but putting some V springs and FE4s on here would drop it about an 1/2" to 1" drop...not much but just enough to still be satisfied
Still on the fence about it. The 225/50 I have on there now fills up the wheel well pretty nicely. I might be better off spending the money on a Volant, but if some one comes along and slaps me in the face with some V springs I won't turn them down just in case. :)

I like those wheels Longsnapper52- I wonder if they would fit on a 2004 Base CTS. I ask this because I see some 5 hole bolt patterns that specifically indicate that they work only with newer model Cadillac CTS (i.e. 2008-2011), while others it is indicated they fitment is universal and will work with the Generation 1 car.

Any input appreciated!
They are 18 inch STS wheels with a +51 offset. (Please no one rat me out to the STS guys, I don't want to be called an STS poser;))
Dig on eBay a little and you will see them. They will fit if you use a 225/50 in the front. If you want a fatter tire in the rear, you could stagger to a 255/45.

#893 ·

For sure, I think they look better than the CTS sport package wheels actually, looks more luxurious. The added size and rubber fills out the wheel well nicely :thumbsup:

#900 ·

If you are gonna go FE4, why not go FG2?
I would for sure, but FE4s are easier to come across than FG2s and less expensive. All of the V guys upgrading from FE4s are bidding me out of the market.

From the archives:

Is that your old V Jimmy? Nice! I would love to find a Thunder Gray 07 V.

V springs and FE4s? I think you need some V badges to accent your windshield. LOL
I'm already pushing it with the V skirts and STS wheels:) I don't want to go too far!

#896 ·

Cadillac should've put mesh behind the grill of the gen. 2 CTS, that plastic crap looks tacky IMO, but still some very nice CTS's there :thumbsup:

#897 ·

Calm down it was just a little humor. It would not matter if you stuck a flying angel on it, its your car. If you feel im a poser then your are entitled to your feelings. I have no quams with anyone on here. I would have to meet a person first before judging him/her. Food for thought. Have a good evening.