Post your best pics of your CTS here! - Page 92
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 224 FirstFirst ... 42 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3348
Like Tree1165Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Post your best pics of your CTS here! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; [QUOTE=AJO713;2644491] Originally Posted by roma604 where did you get the grill? Its the Sport grill. I have the same grill. ...
    odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

[QUOTE=AJO713;2644491]
    Quote Originally Posted by roma604 View Post

where did you get the grill?
    Its the Sport grill. I have the same grill. Unless you are talking about the V bottom grill?

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

[QUOTE=AJO713;2644491]
    Quote Originally Posted by roma604 View Post

where did you get the grill?
    It comes stock on the Sport CTS.

blatant blue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 Thunder Gray CTS 3.6L

photo-4.JPG Here's mine.
    GG_Caddy and GG_Caddy like this.

Stroudie88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Blatant, did you use spray tint on your headlights or film? also how bad does it affect the brightness of ur lights?

CE Walter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS

Badabing. showroom car.jpg

agp
    agp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L, all options except navigation.

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want a V bumper.

777th post. WHAT.

dzlvs8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by agp View Post
    I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want a V bumper.

777th post. WHAT.
    Go buy one. They are only $850 New and painted. and then another $250 to buy two new fog lights....and another $350 for a lower CTS V grille....and $70 for new wheel liners. lol

When I got my CTS about a month ago, I searched the entire nation on craigslist for a V bumper and I found one....AND it was the color I needed and it was in excellent condition. It took 47 emails to convince the lady to ship it to me. $350 total including shipping for the bumper. I retrofitted my original fog lights last night and capped off the caliper cooling port and today I am forming a grille out of some crap I got from tractor supply company. lol $350 and I got a a complete V grille setup.

In other words, im da man. and you are going to have to get some extreme patience in order to get one at a good price. pics will be posted tomorrow when its finished. I am almost out of mods to do now and am satisfied with my cts. Stock silver grille, v bumper sexiness comin soon!

My Chicken Wire / V Bumper / Stock Grille / hay bailer belt mod is done! YEehAw! haters are jealous. This is where its at!

Notice that I also classed the car up by plugging the caliper cooling ports with bulk hay bailer belt from tractor supply company. $10 vs. $250 for new fog ligths. Im putting that money I saved towards some V side skirts.

This is all I can post until I wax the bitch up tomorrow.

manoogia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6L Thunder Grey

Still need to do something with the CHMSL, and damn those rotors and calipers are ugly!

manoogia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6L Thunder Grey

@ dvlvs8... that chicken wire doesnt look all that bad considering the cost savings! pretty nice work.

is the chrome strip above your grill painted, or is it just the picture that makes it look like that.

mmvvt is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Had a Cadillac

@manoogia, nice car, nice rims, very clean mods. the rotors/calipers aren't that bad looking... some black calipers would look good tho IMO

@dvlvs8, for the amount of money you did spend, it came out real nice!

Quote Originally Posted by manoogia View Post
    @ dvlvs8... that chicken wire doesnt look all that bad considering the cost savings! pretty nice work.

is the chrome strip above your grill painted, or is it just the picture that makes it look like that.
    Thanks, I didnt paint the chrome strip. Its just dirty from vacation and dark out.
    The chicken wire (actuall, expanded metal) is actually two pieces. I couldnt find a long enough one yesterday at any of the local hardware stores. So I got impatient and used two pieces to make the grille. It shows up most in pictures, but still you can barely tell. I will eventually make a new one when I get a bigger piece of chicken wire.

FYI - The chicken wire is NOT bare metal. So it wont rust. It is primed with etching primer, then coated with Duplicolor "chrome" paint, and then clear coated and baked in the oven. Should hold up well.

WARNING. Do NOT buy universal grille mesh from the grilleking on ebay. It is so flimsy that the wind would bend it. Seriously! What he is selling is crap you can buy in home depot for a tenth of a price. It is a scam! The mesh is also so thin that it is barely visible on a car.

Ok, here it is. I kinda want the real lower grille though now. What I have now sort of looks too aftermarkety. My last thing that i will do will either be the real lower grille or V side skirts. hmmmm???

Mods:
    V Exhaust
    V Bumper
    Nav unit
    Volant CIA
    Painted calipers with Cadillac Emblem

Heres how my rigged up fog lights look. I used epoxy for plastic. You can also see the hay bailer belt plugging up the caliper cooling ports. FYI the bailer belt has multiple layers of epoxy on them to hold them in place.

MORE MORE MORE!

The shots above were after swirl remover but before show car glaze and wax.

These are all night shots below and taken after glaze and wax. I'm so freakin happy with my car now.

mmmm black

See, I told you I could make the 06-07 grille look sexy!

....and thanks to all on this site for all the help. ....so far.

roma604 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

you really need to make that wire one piece lol you can tell that it looks weird. you car looks good though.. kinda hate you for how cheap you got that bumper.. i paid like almost $1500 for everything. paint, lower grill, clear fogs...

also once you find that full mesh piece, if it isn't expensive you should dip it in chrome.. or find chrome looking paint or something.. my 2 cents

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.