Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post your best pics of your CTS here!

1M views 3K replies 524 participants last post by  elijahbrownell57 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2,967 ·

I literally just acquired this car two days ago. My first Cadillac! A right-hand-drive UK-spec CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury with 54,000 miles on the clock. This is it as found. It's registered as a 2006, but I think it might be a 2005 model as it's lacking the GM badges on the front fenders (unless they've been removed?). I will lose the silly V6 badges. Never had one of these cars before so any top advice, dos/don'ts on looking after and maintaining this car would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2,969 ·
I literally just acquired this car two days ago. My first Cadillac! A right-hand-drive UK-spec CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury with 54,000 miles on the clock. This is it as found. It's registered as a 2006, but I think it might be a 2005 model as it's lacking the GM badges on the front fenders (unless they've been removed?). I will lose the silly V6 badges. Never had one of these cars before so any top advice, dos/don'ts on looking after and maintaining this car would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Looks like it's in great shape - as it should be, with such low mileage! Check out the "FAQ - DIY - Guides - How-To - Manuals" sticky thread at the top of the forum for some common issues. I've only owned the V8 version, which is a different animal, but from many years of browsing this forum, I would say #1 maintenance item on the list for the V6s is be religious about checking the oil level, and keep it topped off. The GM High Feature V6s are known to have timing chain issues if the owners let the oil level get low.

#2,976 ·
Here’s my 2007 CTS 3.6 in its current shape!
She got a little battle scar this year from a minor collision (not much fault) and still is my little PITA.
She’s currently at the shop right now and I’m waiting on an estimate for a timing job for her before I start my build. About 171,000km on the odometer and she’s been a blast, and hopefully will be more of a blast once she’s fixed! Can’t wait to see her again soon.

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille

Automotive parking light Sky Automotive tail & brake light Tire Cloud

#2,977 ·
Here’s my 2007 CTS 3.6 in its current shape!
She got a little battle scar this year from a minor collision (not much fault) and still is my little PITA.
She’s currently at the shop right now and I’m waiting on an estimate for a timing job for her before I start my build. About 171,000km on the odometer and she’s been a blast, and hopefully will be more of a blast once she’s fixed! Can’t wait to see her again soon.

View attachment 608723 View attachment 608724 View attachment 608725

View attachment 608726
she looks sexy, i had my timing chain fixed a few years ago and i will say that price scared me so much that i was thinking of throwing in the towel on my CTS but i went ahead had it done and couldnt see myself parting ways with her lol

#2,979 ·
Recently picked this up. 2007 CTS, Diamond White. 106,000 miles. Serviced regularly at dealer according to carfax. Timing chain replaced at dealer in 2014 at just under 47000 miles. Has slight damage to rear right quarter into back door. Going to bodyshop next month for repair. Wheels are a little Blingy.. :cool: View attachment 609627

Just ordered that spoiler a few weeks ago, keeping the rain guards, or ditching?