Post your best pics of your CTS here! - Page 76
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 231 FirstFirst ... 26 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 3459
Like Tree1357Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Post your best pics of your CTS here! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Thanks, sorry to kill your boner....
    J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

Thanks, sorry to kill your boner.

J W

Maybe so and im pretty sure the v bumpers are sold to v owners who have damaged theirs trying to stop after going 160+. The glass is half full or maybe half empty. Guess i should cancel the hybrid emblems for red rosie.

LOL.. It all good curtc, I respect your opion and it is your opion not mine. You have a good evening

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS

JW,

In reference to your rear seats. Did you get them redone or are backs factory drop down? OH YEAH. Your car looks good. I would do the badges though.

J W

Yeah i have seen posers and i do not fall into that category. If you ask me if my car is a v i will tell you no, if you want to race because you think its a v the answer is no. Im a pretty straight up person who if i did not know you i would not flat out call you a liar. Anyone whos knows me knows that having a v is something i could do before you got dressed in the morning. I dont track cars, race cars or live where i can stretch one out to 160+ and not pose harm to other drivers. So why have a a caged high performance car. Thats just not right to me. But to some its all about having one sit in their drive way. And if thats what they want to do with their money then thats their choice. No badge will ever truly tell whats under someones hood. The v may stand for a powerful v8 under the hood but how powerful is not known unless you are told or get a look under the hood. The v6 is not the v8 but it is a very powerful engine for its size. If you pulled up next to a 2010 ctsv not knowing it was the hennessey v, you would assume it had 556hp under the hood. With that assumption you would be off 144+ HP. Thats just my 2 1/2 cents.

J W

There out of a V they will mount right in with no modification. I like them not because they make the car look fast, LOL, but because the fold down and give you more room in the trunk if you need it. Bought a stand one day and had to have it hang out of my trunk. Saw the rear seats in a V flip down instead of the little port hole the regular cts have so i had the seats taken out and changed. Comes in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehaze07 View Post
    JW,

In reference to your rear seats. Did you get them redone or are backs factory drop down? OH YEAH. Your car looks good. I would do the badges though.

Longsnapper52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    I figured i get some slack over the badges but it all about personal choice. I know its not a v and other people do too. but the badges are to accent other features. We do all type of things to our cars because they are our cars. If someone wants to put a v bumper on theres, (same difference) then thats their choice. We all know its not a v but thats what they wanted to do. You understand don't you.
    If it is truely about accenting your red calipers then you could just as well put some M5 badges on there. I think they look cooler, here's the link, only $15!

http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mw-m...-badge-0007589

Let's get back on topic! How about some car pics?

Scattilac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnapper52 View Post
    Sorry to pile on but those V badges are a serious boner killer. Nice work aside from that.
    Just a couple quick observations....

Getting a boner over a car is clearly more gay than adding V badges.

Everyone is killing JW for his badges, but not one comment about the red car with literally 7 different plastic stick ons???

Bottom line, the last picture of JW's car with the sprinklers in the background is excellent - nicer then 9 out of every 10 cars on here - stop with the envy guys, his car is F'in great looking - give credit where it is due...

Longsnapper52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Scattilac View Post
    Just a couple quick observations....

I'm clearly more gay than you because I'm sticking up for the V badge guy.
    lovin this

J W

Thanks for the support. I just wanted to post some pics, not upset anyone

J W

Those are nice looking badges, might look good one one of my avalanches but not on none of the caddys. The light blue color throws it off.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

JW...i wasnt trying to start a frenzy on you. and you are exactly right, as long as you like it then it is all good. i do like your car actually, and i love the V seats you put in it, the wheels, and the few other little things i noticed. i was just stating that i personally didnt like the V badges. i am sure you can take a look at any one of my cars and not like one or two things on any of them as well. but like you stated, it would be your opinion and thats it. dont change your car, because the one rule of thumb here, opinions are like *******s, everyone has one

J W

Thank you and point taken. I would never take them off because of someones elses opion unless it was something i did and it was brought to my attention that a saftey hazzard might exist. I have seen it before on this forum where a person got slammed because of the badges. I like this forum because of all the good information it has on it. Ive owned cadillacs even before i had a license. If i get a certain look i want i research it to see if its fesible and then i go for it at what ever cost. Im not a performance or suspension modify person. I like to keep them thems stock. Unless it time to replace pads or shocks then i do upgrade. Ive seen cars on here that made me wonder what planet they were from. But if it makes them sattisified when they come out to look at there car then thats all thats matter. I believe in telling someone who ask for a opinion about a mode what you think. But to me thats as far as it goes, the person can either accept your opinion or go in thier own direction. Cadillac would have never made the cts if they listened to a lot of people who said they should just stick to luxury cars. But never theless its all good and it takes more than comments about emblems to ruffle my feathers. You have a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by txbest1980 View Post
    JW...i wasnt trying to start a frenzy on you. and you are exactly right, as long as you like it then it is all good. i do like your car actually, and i love the V seats you put in it, the wheels, and the few other little things i noticed. i was just stating that i personally didnt like the V badges. i am sure you can take a look at any one of my cars and not like one or two things on any of them as well. but like you stated, it would be your opinion and thats it. dont change your car, because the one rule of thumb here, opinions are like *******s, everyone has one
    carrnuttdave and carrnuttdave like this.

Jeremy360 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6L Wheel Performance

First off, I'm not trying to hate, your car is actually well done. If there were no opposing views on anything the world would be a boring place and we'd have no Stanley Cup Final.

Anything that attaches with double sided tape tends to be generally accepted as bad though. I removed my bowtie and centered the SS and Supercharged badges on my trunk...and was promptly eaten alive by a select few that thought I was a base model.

There was a Youtube video with a nameless Cobalt LT(2.2L NA) that stuck "SS" and "Turbocharged" badges on his trunk. He ran a 16.5 or so and people jumped all over it. It took me about two seconds to figure out that he was a base model as he was missing the side skirts and the rear bumper. We knew he was a fake, but imports and Fords thought less of our cars.

On the other hand I seen a CTS with "V6" and "SE" badges that looked to be off of a Camry by the font on them. He had stick on portholes(it was a gen 1 base model) and was quite happy with his car, so be it. Not everyone is going to like every mod, I've taken some flak for my MSR 20s in person and I can see where they come from.

Just don't turn into this guy:

...and you'll do just fine. My old man has started it on his Dodge Ram and I want to tear it all off.

Scattilac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnapper52 View Post
    lovin this
    Haha - nice edit job boner boy...

carrnuttdave is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

I don't see anything wrong with the Chryser in the picture! You can rag on my car but it's unique. You want me to take something off my car just let me see some one else have it on theirs! Some things like the wheelwell moldings I have been ragged about are there because of all the ignorant soccer moms with their dozens of kids slamming doors into it. I actually had someone slam a door into one of my cars that just got out of the paint shop and when confronted about it said "Dont worry I only took off a little paint" If it didn't have factory side moldings you can bet I'd have stick on one of those too.I liked the side vent look but I didnt want one's that looked just like the 2nd generation ones. My opinion V grills are ugly you'll never see one on mine (Sport grill yes).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.