Post your best pics of your CTS here! - Page 69
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 191 FirstFirst ... 19 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2862
Like Tree1485Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Post your best pics of your CTS here! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; download.jpg Attachment 0...
    trunks932 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 cts

Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

download.jpgAttachment 0

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    Whoa, calm down a little. Might have to get the bllod pressure meter out. Of course youwould not kick the crap out of a kid for that, of coure you make me wonder sometimes. But would you scold the kid for wearing it. Its a question that does not need a reply. A person would be allowed to wear a official police badge if they obtained it leagly. The trouble for them would be when they wore the whole uniform and tried to act as an actual police officer (posing). The thing is, the cts v is a great car. and if thats what the v badge stands for then so be it. But you cannot compare a cts v to a police officer or a war veteran. You can not call upon a ctsv to enforce the law or goto another country and risk its life so you can have the freedom to rant and rave about a car badge. You should choose better examples. My question still remains, did they make that bumper for the stock cts's. So what if you dont use the upper and lower grille. I put the badges on but did not use the side skirts, bumper, or grile. Same difference. You see, it my car, just in case you were not aware of it, and i can do what ever i choose to do with it thats within the law. Its thats plain and simple. You have a good evening
    A person would be allowed to wear a police badge if they obtained it legally? Sure! If they went to Police Academy, you know, if theyre a COP? The only way some kid is going to have an official cop badge is if theres one standing somewhere near him letting him wear it. And if there isnt, you can be sure Im gonna 'scold' him on it! Im going call the cops too! I dont know where you live, but around here kids dont walk around freely with official police badges. A police baseball cap they picked up at the corner store? Thats fine. An official police badge? Nope...cops gettin' called.
    Let me be extremely clear. Apparently its neccessary, as I wasnt the one who brought up the military, even tho you credit me with that. Im not comparing a cop or war vet to a CTS-V. I have 2 friends (Canadian) in the sandy middle east as we speak. (*EDIT. I actually know 6 whove fought in the past few wars, but only 2 are on tour in the ME right now) Im not that ignorant, ignorant to the effort soldiers put in for the rest of us. I AM comparing the USE of badges that represent the effort involved and everything they stand for in their respective areas. IE, what a badge is for.

BTW. You dont know me well if you think I need to calm down...ever. If I told you my blood pressure, you might be jealous. Its fantastic. A long post doesnt mean its an angry post, otherwise youve been mad since youve gotten on this board.

Be glad the V guys didnt jump over here. Theyve been much less kind about poseurs in the past. While it is your car and your are free to do with it as you like under the law, people are also free to comment on your pics under the rules of board.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by txbest1980 View Post
    jimmyH...instead of shutting this thread down, just throw all the nonsense in the Bling or Not to bling thread and let it all dissolve from there
    I was going to do just that. Then I figured, if you guys don't care, I don't care. So far it looks like everyone is being civil. As long as it stays that way.

sigmapiox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

I don't usually speak up, but the comment.....yada yada yada, come to find out he served in the national guard. Really.. Sounds like a hit on the national guard. In Vietnam the most highly decorated unit was a National Guard Unit from Indiana. D Co 1-151. I know this is way off topic but i couldnt slide past this comment.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

Your correct, ill leave it at that. Have a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    More Pics,less argument both sides of story have valid points, i dont agree with the v badges either, but it his car, let him do what he wants to it. Sounds simple enough to me, end of story. But neways what about them rims kyng, im in the market for a nice set of used rims and am looking for ideas, preferably 18-20" black or black chrome..but id be willing to go down to 17" as thats whats on my car right now.

J W

If the badge was handed down from a family member who was slain in the line of duty then it was obtained leagally. Bought at a yard sale, obtained leagally. As stated, the badge can be worn by kid grown up what ever. Its the whole uniform and posing as an officer that would get you in trouble. Are you needing the v guys to come on here and help you?. You see i have no problem with you commenting on my car. The problem occurs when you tell me what i can and cannot do. A comment would tell me you like it or dont like it and thats it. Telling someone they cant do something to their car is not a comment. You do know the difference. I apologize for crediting you with the military thing, that was my mistake. You have a nice day
    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    A person would be allowed to wear a police badge if they obtained it legally? Sure! If they went to Police Academy, you know, if theyre a COP? The only way some kid is going to have an official cop badge is if theres one standing somewhere near him letting him wear it. And if there isnt, you can be sure Im gonna 'scold' him on it! Im going call the cops too! I dont know where you live, but around here kids dont walk around freely with official police badges. A police baseball cap they picked up at the corner store? Thats fine. An official police badge? Nope...cops gettin' called.
    Let me be extremely clear. Apparently its neccessary, as I wasnt the one who brought up the military, even tho you credit me with that. Im not comparing a cop or war vet to a CTS-V. I have 2 friends (Canadian) in the sandy middle east as we speak. (*EDIT. I actually know 6 whove fought in the past few wars, but only 2 are on tour in the ME right now) Im not that ignorant, ignorant to the effort soldiers put in for the rest of us. I AM comparing the USE of badges that represent the effort involved and everything they stand for in their respective areas. IE, what a badge is for.

BTW. You dont know me well if you think I need to calm down...ever. If I told you my blood pressure, you might be jealous. Its fantastic. A long post doesnt mean its an angry post, otherwise youve been mad since youve gotten on this board.

Be glad the V guys didnt jump over here. Theyve been much less kind about poseurs in the past. While it is your car and your are free to do with it as you like under the law, people are also free to comment on your pics under the rules of board.

ProudCaddyDaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS 3.6L "The Gray Ghost"(R.I.P), 05 CTS 3.6L "Fin"

Quote Originally Posted by sigmapiox View Post
    I don't usually speak up, but the comment.....yada yada yada, come to find out he served in the national guard. Really.. Sounds like a hit on the national guard. In Vietnam the most highly decorated unit was a National Guard Unit from Indiana. D Co 1-151. I know this is way off topic but i couldnt slide past this comment.
    Don't take it the wrong way. I served, and I have nothing but respect for anyone that serves. Whether it be Marine or Coast Guard or whatever service in between. My opinion is, everyone that lives in this country should serve this country.
    The yada yada yada was just to keep it from being a 4 paragraph post. Turned out the guy never left the city (Chicago). The most he was involved in was the riots from the Dem. convention. And don't take my words out of context there either, I'm not getting involved in a political debate on a car forum.
    My whole point was, he was wearing 2 of the most highly distinguished Medals this country offers and he didn't EARN them. That is actually a court marshall offense under the guidelines of the UCMJ, a slap in the face to those that did earn them (such as my father-in-law and one of my uncle-in-law [purple heart])and I'm sure if the guys I was with were a few years younger, he not only would have not walked out without the hat on, but he probably wouldn't have WALKED out.

Everyone is getting way off subject though...can we get some more pics of these beautiful cars
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

no harm no foul. i guess i did read them slightly outta context.

Ill agree. Back to the cars. I need to see pics so i can get more ideas for mine.
    kyng1 and kyng1 like this.

J W

Lets judt say we agree to dis-agree. Everyone know your feeling on the subject and they know mines as well. This subject goes from here to china and back and somehow looses its focus. As i said i respect your comments when they are left at just that. You have a good evening
    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    You just being irrational,now. Noone is talking about kicking the crap outta anybody and I wasnt talking about a NYPD hat. I can gaurentee you wont see a McDee's employee wearing an official NYPD Police hat or Police badge! Wanna guess why?
    Outside of the bumper, nothing else is being copied off the V. And as long as you dont use the V upper and lower grill unchanged, it doesnt even look like the V front end. The V bumper isnt the face of the V. The face of the V is the big upper and lower grills. The average person may not even notice a difference between a V bumper and a V6 bumper sans grills. Not that any of this is relevant. Look at it this way? What part of the V is copyrighted? The bumper sans grills, or the V logo?

You can explain it all you like. Noone is telling you what to do. Theyre just calling it like they see it, posing.

skblixt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black 2003 CTS 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by crb253 View Post
    where did you get your fog light covers without the orange?? and are those hid headlights? those things look so good. where did you get those too
    Thanks! I bought both the clear fogs/DRLs ($219.95) on Ebay along with the smoked side markers ($38.95) from neondials http://stores.ebay.com/Unique-Parts-...=p4634.c0.m322. The low beams and fog lights are both 6000k HID kits from http://www.hidextra.com. Got em on sale for about $45 per kit but usually they are $60. I also replaced the filament bulb in the corner of the headlight with an LED close to the 6000k color when I swapped my interior for cool white LEDs. My other upgrades would be the R1 Concepts Premium Cross-drilled & slotted rotors front and back http://www.r1concepts.com/cadillac-cts-2003-std.htm, black painted calipers, 20'' KMC 651 Slide black wheels, Falken 255/30ZR20 92Y tires, 15% tint all the way around, removed the antenna from the back window, K&N FIPK (cold air intake), the LED swap as made famous by andrewschenk http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-how-lots.html (cool white), painted the factory gray brown grille black, swapped the front 4.5" door speakers with JL 6.5" coaxial C2-650Xs and also installed one of those antenna interrupters behind my factory radio so i have an iPod/iPhone input (charges too) and redirected my factory sub to a Diamond 1000w amp powering two Audiobahn 12s". Opinions are much appreciated! A few more pics are on my profile. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...7&d=1308533301

kyng1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnapper52 View Post
    Nice, which ones are you going with?

I havent seen them here on this forum yet but I saw some rims I liked that lead me to a website N after looking around I fell in love with the MSR 048

kyng1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ive decided to go with the MSR 048 18. I never really liked the look of 20+ and up in Montana 20s wouldnt be to good

My 2005. I am in the process of doing my headlights.
    Attached Images
    carrnuttdave and carrnuttdave like this.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

Quote Originally Posted by skblixt View Post
    Thanks! I bought both the clear fogs/DRLs ($219.95) on Ebay along with the smoked side markers ($38.95) from neondials http://stores.ebay.com/Unique-Parts-...=p4634.c0.m322. The low beams and fog lights are both 6000k HID kits from http://www.hidextra.com. Got em on sale for about $45 per kit but usually they are $60. I also replaced the filament bulb in the corner of the headlight with an LED close to the 6000k color when I swapped my interior for cool white LEDs. My other upgrades would be the R1 Concepts Premium Cross-drilled & slotted rotors front and back http://www.r1concepts.com/cadillac-cts-2003-std.htm, black painted calipers, 20'' KMC 651 Slide black wheels, Falken 255/30ZR20 92Y tires, 15% tint all the way around, removed the antenna from the back window, K&N FIPK (cold air intake), the LED swap as made famous by andrewschenk http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-how-lots.html (cool white), painted the factory gray brown grille black, swapped the front 4.5" door speakers with JL 6.5" coaxial C2-650Xs and also installed one of those antenna interrupters behind my factory radio so i have an iPod/iPhone input (charges too) and redirected my factory sub to a Diamond 1000w amp powering two Audiobahn 12s". Opinions are much appreciated! A few more pics are on my profile. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...7&d=1308533301
    post of the day/week/month...somebody who actually took the time to link everything that he did to his car for those who would have questions for him...great job man on the car (looks good) and the post

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I need to get my sport grill, the top bar of the grill, and my rear bumper repainted. The grills because of rock chips... the rear bumper... I may not repaint because people keep hitting it either way. lol

I got offered roughly 12k today for it while I was taking the first couple pics

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.