Post your best pics of your CTS here! - Page 66
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 190 FirstFirst ... 16 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 2847
Like Tree1457Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Post your best pics of your CTS here! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by concorso You seem to be a very aware lad, yet you ignore 1 very simply fact. Badges ...
  1. #976
    Longsnapper52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Thunder Gray
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,055

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    You seem to be a very aware lad, yet you ignore 1 very simply fact. Badges represent something. Thec crest and wreath is common to all Cadillacs because it is a corporate logo meant to cover the entire brand. The V badge represents a very specific set of vehicle performance levels under that umbrella. Simply put, you are misrepresenting what the car has, as that badge is has a very specific meaning to it. You can make all the excuses you like, but none are worthwhile. Its posing, plain and simple. Bumpers are not the same thing. They are a body panel with a design that changes with each evolution of the Cadillac design language. The V badge is more then just a look or a body trinket to complete a look. Its look M.D. alongside a doctors name, or an NYPD badge. It respresents the best performance version Cadillac offers of that specific model. There is no grey area. This is oreos. I spose youd be ok with someone putting EXT badges on an Avalanche?
    In the 4 pages of back and forth BS, no one put it better.

  2. #977
    odthetruth's Avatar
    odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,972

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    I know it says post best pics of YOUR CTS... but I'm gonna post the best pic I've taken from inside of Concorso's car...

    concorso and concorso like this.

  3. #978
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,630

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    Thats really funny, OD. If my CTS had that button, Id consider doing that!
    odthetruth and odthetruth like this.

  4. #979
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,630

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    Quote Originally Posted by crb253 View Post
    where did you get your fog light covers without the orange?? and are those hid headlights? those things look so good. where did you get those too
    He either bought the HIDs as a kit online, or the HID's came stock on his car. The clear fog covers are generally something you do yourself with a thin sheet of lexan. You may be able to buy them on ebay along with the clear side markers...

  5. #980
    J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    559

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    Always have mine done by a shop. Doing the whole front windshield is not easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    I like your idea, and the color is red jewel tintcoat/tricoat...im not sure wat type of coat it is exactly, but i know theres not another vehicle of the same color in my area. You know of some decent tent to buy that wont burn a hole in my pocket? lol or wuld some stuff from o'rileys or somthn work fine?


    and the chome rims look good, but i also feel the black wuld look nice, that black on orange looks sharp man.

  6. #981
    J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    559

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    Badges do represent things i will agree. Im not going to kick the crap out of somen kid because he,s wearing a superman s on his chest. Im not goiing to try and have someone arested because they are wearing a NYPD hat and working at mickey Ds. Yes cadillac does change, it would be stupid not too. But i have yet to see them put the V bumper on a stock cts. I ran into a V owner who reconized my car from this forum. We talked and of course the badge subject came up. He did not agree with what i did but he understood why i did it. He also commented on why he never spoke on the subject. He told me there were so many thing being copied offf the v onto stock cts that it would only be fair to criticize them also. And that would just lead to a never ending subject. His point was he knew what he had and thats all that mattered. He siad no one can tell you how to do your own vehicle. Advice is okay but demands should be left out. So concorso when you continue your research on the cadillac evolution, maybe you can find out when the used the V bumper on the stock cts's . If someone want to put a ext emblem on their avalanche i would loose no sleep over it. It would not be a subject brought up at the next office metting nor would it be dinner conversation when i got home and i own both models LAD
    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    You seem to be a very aware lad, yet you ignore 1 very simply fact. Badges represent something. Thec crest and wreath is common to all Cadillacs because it is a corporate logo meant to cover the entire brand. The V badge represents a very specific set of vehicle performance levels under that umbrella. Simply put, you are misrepresenting what the car has, as that badge is has a very specific meaning to it. You can make all the excuses you like, but none are worthwhile. Its posing, plain and simple. Bumpers are not the same thing. They are a body panel with a design that changes with each evolution of the Cadillac design language. The V badge is more then just a look or a body trinket to complete a look. Its look M.D. alongside a doctors name, or an NYPD badge. It respresents the best performance version Cadillac offers of that specific model. There is no grey area. This is oreos. I spose youd be ok with someone putting EXT badges on an Avalanche?

  7. #982
    odthetruth's Avatar
    odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,972

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    I'm sorry JW, but it seems you are losing alot of sleep when people say you are being a poser. If you wanted to prove how much sleep you aren't losing, you'd stop replying with the million paragraph answers.

    I'm sure the only reason the V guy didn't tear into you was because he was being a nice guy in person.
    We've got V bumpers, the V guys took our sport appearance side skirts, things like that happen.

    A badge is much different, and to continue ranting about it wouldn't prove anything.

  8. #983
    J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    559

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    He probably did not tear into me because he had respect for another persons belongings. And you diagree with him because he did not have your way of thinking. Are you saying V guys can only speak their mind when they are hiding behinding behind a forum. I disagree, this person told me exactly what he thought of it and left it at that. He did not have to copliment me on the car. But he did. Thats because he was real. He said what he had to say and left it at that. Then we had drinks. I reply to remarks that are directed to me. I dont get on this site for the sole purpose of looking for something to reply to. I also like to see what others are doing to "THEIR" vehicles. To say ongoing ranting will not prove anything contradicts your post. Meaning you should have just ignored it. Was that not your advice to me. Sleep has never been a problem for me. How about you.. Have a good evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    I'm sorry JW, but it seems you are losing alot of sleep when people say you are being a poser. If you wanted to prove how much sleep you aren't losing, you'd stop replying with the million paragraph answers.

    I'm sure the only reason the V guy didn't tear into you was because he was being a nice guy in person.
    We've got V bumpers, the V guys took our sport appearance side skirts, things like that happen.

    A badge is much different, and to continue ranting about it wouldn't prove anything.

  9. #984
    Longsnapper52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Thunder Gray
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,055

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    Badges do represent things i will agree. Im not going to kick the crap out of somen kid because he,s wearing a superman s on his chest. Im not goiing to try and have someone arested because they are wearing a NYPD hat and working at mickey Ds.
    I can literally hear you straining with all your might to make a point here, but all you did was make a funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    i own both models LAD
    Looks like you got to him a bit here Concorso. He did not wish you a nice day
    odthetruth and odthetruth like this.

  10. #985
    odthetruth's Avatar
    odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,972

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    You ran into a V member who just so happened to collab everything you said?!

    Cool Story Bro.


    [P.S] - Sleep has never been a problem for me... I work in the Sleep department. LOL... Although I won't be asleep until about 8am or so.

  11. #986
    J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    559

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    Oh longanapper is back. Point was made long time ago, guess it got by you again. Does funny mean you had no understanding of what i said. Me straining?, i believe you read it wrong along with some of the other post that have been made. I dont sit around advocating on this forum or start new threads trying to tell everyone to put v badges on their vehicle. Im not posting messages asking "where are the v guys" or where are the guys who have put v badges on their car because i do not need someone else to back up my comments or decision. I stand on my own two feet. Everyone needs a little help every now and then and this subject is not something i would waist someone elses time on. If you could "almost" here me straining or "literally" is the word you chose. Ha. Then you should have a ear exam because i was pretty tickled with that superman thing. Sorry you did not see the humor in it. Relax a little, go out and enjoy life. Be glad you woke up this morning when so many others did not. Use some of that focus you have my badges on something that really matters. Start a charity or help one. They always need someone to get the word out. I say because i do. And yes concorso did deserve a "good evening" the same as anyone else, it slipped by. Ill catch him on the next one, ha. I can be polite when others arent. You have a good day
    Quote Originally Posted by Longsnapper52 View Post
    I can literally hear you straining with all your might to make a point here, but all you did was make a funny.



    Looks like you got to him a bit here Concorso. He did not wish you a nice day

  12. #987
    J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    559

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    Ha, you must have been sleeping on the job when you read the post. I never said he collaborated with me on everything i said. You should read it againg when you wake up bro. Or maybe twisting stories is your thing. Do you work for the tabloids. Just kidding calm down. You have a good day or should i say evening since you dont get to sleep until 8am
    Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    You ran into a V member who just so happened to collab everything you said?!

    Cool Story Bro.


    [P.S] - Sleep has never been a problem for me... I work in the Sleep department. LOL... Although I won't be asleep until about 8am or so.

  13. #988
    Scattilac's Avatar
    Scattilac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    50
    Posts
    494

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    OK - I will be the guy with the Superman "S" on chest again in this string of delight...Here to save the day...

    I love JW's car, and as I said before in this thread..in my opinion it is one of the nicest cars I have seen on or off this forum - V badges or no V badges - It is F'in nice looking and while I know nobody is questioning anything other than the badges, I think he is getting a raw deal...Who cares if he has the badges and likes them..or, why do some of you really really obviously care alot about what he put on his car?

    And once more for this, how is it there are still no comments on pics of cars with chrome trim around wheelwells and pillers, or stick on chromy things in every imaginable area they can find, or big ole DUB rims, or crappy tinted taillight jobs, or....you get the point, I will tell you why - It is everyones own personal choice and I guess it looks good to them?

    Go ahead shoot - It will bounce off my steel chest anyway Da Da da..here to save the day.....F it, I am going to put AMG badges on my C350, be back later with pics ; )

  14. #989
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,333

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    let's not make me lock this thread

  15. #990
    roma604 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Age
    27
    Posts
    190

    Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

    I will save this thread! With pictures!!

    Paul Junior Cadillac bike




    and my poser cts-v.. with windows finally tinted



Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting