Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post your best pics of your CTS here!

1M views 3K replies 524 participants last post by  elijahbrownell57 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2,518 ·
RobinC...car setup is dope, I just went a bit lower with a D2 install myself. I need bigger spacers in my rear however...also that ez-lip...how'd you attach yours? I used 3M heavy duty tape for mine but, it lasted all but a few weeks before it went mia...I might need to staple gun it in next time around lmfao.

#2,519 ·
I dont know how plastidip will hold up to salt or snow. I'm in central california. But for the past couple of months im surprised to say its held up to lots of road debris and heavy rain people rubbing not believing its plastidip pressure washing with 1500 psi. I think the reason why some people have bad result in plastidip is the prep process. Just make sure to use dishwashing soap and warm water to get all the wax off your car and wipe is thoroughly with denatured alcohol. And when spraying take your time!!! What it doesnt hold up good to is bird droppings. Do not leave it for more than a day cause when you go to wipe it off the plastidip will start to lift and crinkle if you arent careful.

The e-z was only attatched for a day.. haha... with the 3m tape and some self tapping screws.... actually it only lasted for one day I should say... haha if you noticed my car was kissing a leaf... had it on for my buddies shop grand opening car meet it ripped off as soon as I left the parking lot.

#2,531 ·
Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

All fenders are pulled and rolled. The fronts are easy cause sheet metal is thin, but to go as low as I did I had to cut part of the front bumper and half of the metal tabs that hold the bumper up. the rear I had to pound cut and recess the inner fender. Lots of work... the offset of my wheels are 20et so they do sit out a lot wider than stock.

#2,533 ·
Also as a side not I was afraid my HIDs 55watt kit would melt the tint covering the fog lights but so far it has been just warm to the touch but be advised if you tint your headlights get ready to order some HID light kits. I bought the car while I was deployed in afghanistan and had everything tinted before I ever got to drive the car so i am not sure how the headlight output was before but it sucked at night with my dark windows until I did the HID kits