Post your best pics of your CTS here! - Page 65
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 189 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 115 165 ... LastLast
Like Tree1449Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Post your best pics of your CTS here! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by Longsnapper52 Nope. I like the before too. Some nice 18+ wheels should be mod number 1 for ...
    crb253 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnapper52 View Post
    Nope. I like the before too. Some nice 18+ wheels should be mod number 1 for any one just starting out. His before picture is a perfect example. As far as the headlights go, dude if you can't see at night, sand that stuff off.
    sand it off? haha why would i do that.. then i would be back to the original look. i was going for a all "murdered" out look and thats the results im getting. as of yesterday i also got the calipers and inside the rotors painted red to match the lip of the wheel. it sets it off SOOOOO good! i can still see with the lights tinted but not as good! therefore when i put HID's in it ill be able to see better. plus the HID's look way better than stock lights

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I saw a murdered out CTS a while back. You could barely make out the brake lights, and it wasn't even sunny.

Steeze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

RL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/ctsk.jpg/][/URL]

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

STEEze...i like the color scheme you have going, minus the chrome 18s...i think some black 20s would look sick

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Thats the only car where keeping the orange makes sense. LOL

haha now those brake lights are murderd! that sick.. i agree. get the chrome off and go black! and black emblems and black grill. im a huge fan of black over chrome! it would set that car off big time for sure!

Fishcakes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS black on black 3.6 FE5 'Nadine'

Quote Originally Posted by txbest1980 View Post
    the compnine site is actually kind of funny...the site is giving you the rarity of your car, but it is only the rarity of it coming out of the specific plant that it came out of. so those of you who have no other car's like yours or only a few like yours, that is because not that many came out of that specific plant. if you wanted a true accurate knowing of how many cars came out that are just like yours detail for detail, then you need to go to the biggest and best source, and that is GM themselves. I am sure they have a department just to clarify this for people if you really wanted to know, but please quit believing that your car's are so rare, just utilize the compnine site for your RPO codes and thats it
    As far as I can tell the CTS was made in *one* US plant, Grand River, Mich .

They are also built in China .

Fish

agp
    agp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Ex-CTS owner

Quote Originally Posted by txbest1980 View Post
    STEEze...i like the color scheme you have going, minus the chrome 18s...i think some black 20s would look sick
    +1
    Black wheels would look great.

Tlorenzen is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    I like the maroon color, im thinking about getting one just to see what i can do with it. First would be to have it re-painted with a light metalic flake in it and then go from there. I would do tint all the way around, 35% on the doors, 20% on the rear, and then tint the whole front windshield with a light tint. That will give it a nice tinted look. Had a maroon escalade i tined like that and it looked pretty good.
    I like your idea, and the color is red jewel tintcoat/tricoat...im not sure wat type of coat it is exactly, but i know theres not another vehicle of the same color in my area. You know of some decent tent to buy that wont burn a hole in my pocket? lol or wuld some stuff from o'rileys or somthn work fine?

and the chome rims look good, but i also feel the black wuld look nice, that black on orange looks sharp man.

Roachthetires is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 3.6l Black Raven

New lorenzo 18's

skblixt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black 2003 CTS 3.2

where did you get your fog light covers without the orange?? and are those hid headlights? those things look so good. where did you get those too

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by agp View Post
    I think it may be offered in some 06 as well, but I'm not sure. But I've never seen one of the same color as mine in real life

I'm rather curious to know how many 07 sunset blue CTS w/ performance package exist.
    I also havent seen 1 with that color, regardless of options. There are a couple colors like that, the light green in early years, the orange, the purple-black... The look much nicer then they sound, Cadillac did a good job with the colors.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    I always looked at the v badge as a cadillac emblem. If you seen it on a dodge you would say thats off a cadillac, or some would say its off a cadillac v. But you would have to have some knowldge of cadillac to reconize that. As you said, v bumper, side skirts, etc.. is for appearence for some and for me its the badge that adds the accent i wanted. If someone looked at a stock cts head on that had its bumper changed to a v bumper they would think its a CTS V. It would not be until they walked around the car and realized it was not. They would think its some one trying to have the V look no knowing the person had just changed the bumper for appearence reasons. So would you acuse the owner of the cts of trying to fool someone into thinking they have the v? If you were to read my replies i never claimed someone changing their bumpers or side skirts were trying to be posers. I believe they did it because they wanted a certain look. What i did say was, me personally, thought it was the same. A crossed checkered flag is not a cadillac emblem. If i were into fords and had a stock stang that i was working on and the cobra badge gave it the look i wanted it would be on there. Its not like i would take my sls and put STS or DTS on it because i would still end up with three chrome letters. At first i tried the CTS letters on the fenders but it did no bring it together like i wanted. As i searched the cadillac emblems it was the v badge that did it for me. As you stated in the begining of your reply "IMO" you are right, it is your opion, and of course IMO the badges stay because like you said to each his/her own. Have a good evening.
    You seem to be a very aware lad, yet you ignore 1 very simply fact. Badges represent something. Thec crest and wreath is common to all Cadillacs because it is a corporate logo meant to cover the entire brand. The V badge represents a very specific set of vehicle performance levels under that umbrella. Simply put, you are misrepresenting what the car has, as that badge is has a very specific meaning to it. You can make all the excuses you like, but none are worthwhile. Its posing, plain and simple. Bumpers are not the same thing. They are a body panel with a design that changes with each evolution of the Cadillac design language. The V badge is more then just a look or a body trinket to complete a look. Its look M.D. alongside a doctors name, or an NYPD badge. It respresents the best performance version Cadillac offers of that specific model. There is no grey area. This is oreos. I spose youd be ok with someone putting EXT badges on an Avalanche?

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

He would be OK with the EXT badges, Concorso. Its obvious he would be. He's fine V badging a v6.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.