Post your best pics of your CTS here! - Page 61
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 189 FirstFirst ... 11 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 111 161 ... LastLast
Like Tree1448Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Post your best pics of your CTS here! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by J W Read what you said. You pull up and see the v on the bumper and ...
    curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 137k

Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    Read what you said. You pull up and see the v on the bumper and assume its a v, Same as if you pulled up to the front and seen a v bumper you could assume its a v also. I know you will probally say no i will not because i know a lot of people are using the v bumpers. But you could also tell your self people do use the v badges also. I know they make tons of bumpers but did they make the cts v bumper for the stock cts. I know it will fit just like the badges. Just calm down its not the end of the world. The do have a STS v emblem. Have a good day.
    I do tell myself that there are people out there who use the V badges on V6 CTS's, they're called posers. And as far as that STS-V badge goes, my Seville will never see one as that would be completely LAME considering V badges didn't even exist until after the Seville STS model was discontinued. And if I owned a 2005-current STS you can bet a V badge wouldn't see that car either.

A "V" badge on a V6 CTS screams POSER, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

Quote Originally Posted by DocX36 View Post
    I like those wheels Longsnapper52- I wonder if they would fit on a 2004 Base CTS. I ask this because I see some 5 hole bolt patterns that specifically indicate that they work only with newer model Cadillac CTS (i.e. 2008-2011), while others it is indicated they fitment is universal and will work with the Generation 1 car.

Any input appreciated!
    those wheels are STS wheels...just to inform you, any 03 to 07 CTS wheels will fit any 03 to 07 because they use 5 x 115 lug pattern. the 08+ wheels are now using 5x120 which obviously will not fit...some STS wheels will fit, just be careful of tire size in most cases

Longsnapper52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by txbest1980 View Post
    longsnapper...i like the way your car sits now, but putting some V springs and FE4s on here would drop it about an 1/2" to 1" drop...not much but just enough to still be satisfied
    Still on the fence about it. The 225/50 I have on there now fills up the wheel well pretty nicely. I might be better off spending the money on a Volant, but if some one comes along and slaps me in the face with some V springs I won't turn them down just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by DocX36 View Post
    I like those wheels Longsnapper52- I wonder if they would fit on a 2004 Base CTS. I ask this because I see some 5 hole bolt patterns that specifically indicate that they work only with newer model Cadillac CTS (i.e. 2008-2011), while others it is indicated they fitment is universal and will work with the Generation 1 car.

Any input appreciated!
    They are 18 inch STS wheels with a +51 offset. (Please no one rat me out to the STS guys, I don't want to be called an STS poser)
    Dig on eBay a little and you will see them. They will fit if you use a 225/50 in the front. If you want a fatter tire in the rear, you could stagger to a 255/45.

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnapper52 View Post
    They are 18 inch STS wheels with a +51 offset. (Please no one rat me out to the STS guys, I don't want to be called an STS poser)
    Dig on eBay a little and you will see them. They will fit if you use a 225/50 in the front. If you want a fatter tire in the rear, you could stagger to a 255/45.
    Just don't go sticking on any 32v Northstar badges because it accents your windshield wipers I think your safe with just the wheels....which by the way look HOT!

Darn that was going to be my next "mod". Thanks for the compliment on the wheels. I went digging for the sport appearance 12 spokes and came up with these. I'm pretty happy.

For sure, I think they look better than the CTS sport package wheels actually, looks more luxurious. The added size and rubber fills out the wheel well nicely

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

If you are gonna go FE4, why not go FG2?

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

From the archives:

Cadillac should've put mesh behind the grill of the gen. 2 CTS, that plastic crap looks tacky IMO, but still some very nice CTS's there

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

Calm down it was just a little humor. It would not matter if you stuck a flying angel on it, its your car. If you feel im a poser then your are entitled to your feelings. I have no quams with anyone on here. I would have to meet a person first before judging him/her. Food for thought. Have a good evening.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnapper52 View Post
    Yup...I'll get it back on track.

I'm thinking about V springs and or FE4s. I want to lower the car but not slam it. Input?

V springs and FE4s? I think you need some V badges to accent your windshield. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    If you are gonna go FE4, why not go FG2?
    I would for sure, but FE4s are easier to come across than FG2s and less expensive. All of the V guys upgrading from FE4s are bidding me out of the market.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    From the archives:

Is that your old V Jimmy? Nice! I would love to find a Thunder Gray 07 V.

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    V springs and FE4s? I think you need some V badges to accent your windshield. LOL
    I'm already pushing it with the V skirts and STS wheels I don't want to go too far!

I'm honestly surprised the V guys haven't shown up here and had a field day.

Jeremy360 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6L Wheel Performance

I have the FE4 rears in and can't complain. I still haven't motivated myself to do the Eibachs or the fronts. No half decent shops want to install aftermarket parts and I hate springs with a passion.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.