Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post your best pics of your CTS here!

1M views 3K replies 524 participants last post by  elijahbrownell57 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#1,090 ·
Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

@ dvlvs8... that chicken wire doesnt look all that bad considering the cost savings! pretty nice work.

is the chrome strip above your grill painted, or is it just the picture that makes it look like that.
Thanks, I didnt paint the chrome strip. Its just dirty from vacation and dark out.
The chicken wire (actuall, expanded metal) is actually two pieces. I couldnt find a long enough one yesterday at any of the local hardware stores. So I got impatient and used two pieces to make the grille. It shows up most in pictures, but still you can barely tell. I will eventually make a new one when I get a bigger piece of chicken wire.

FYI - The chicken wire is NOT bare metal. So it wont rust. It is primed with etching primer, then coated with Duplicolor "chrome" paint, and then clear coated and baked in the oven. Should hold up well.

WARNING. Do NOT buy universal grille mesh from the grilleking on ebay. It is so flimsy that the wind would bend it. Seriously! What he is selling is crap you can buy in home depot for a tenth of a price. It is a scam! The mesh is also so thin that it is barely visible on a car.

#1,091 · (Edited)

Ok, here it is. I kinda want the real lower grille though now. What I have now sort of looks too aftermarkety. My last thing that i will do will either be the real lower grille or V side skirts. hmmmm???

Mods:
V Exhaust
V Bumper
Nav unit
Volant CIA
Painted calipers with Cadillac Emblem

Heres how my rigged up fog lights look. I used epoxy for plastic. You can also see the hay bailer belt plugging up the caliper cooling ports. FYI the bailer belt has multiple layers of epoxy on them to hold them in place.

#1,092 ·

MORE MORE MORE!

The shots above were after swirl remover but before show car glaze and wax.

These are all night shots below and taken after glaze and wax. I'm so freakin happy with my car now. :cool:

mmmm black :yup:

See, I told you I could make the 06-07 grille look sexy!

....and thanks to all on this site for all the help. ....so far.

#1,093 ·

you really need to make that wire one piece lol you can tell that it looks weird. you car looks good though.. kinda hate you for how cheap you got that bumper.. i paid like almost $1500 for everything. paint, lower grill, clear fogs...

also once you find that full mesh piece, if it isn't expensive you should dip it in chrome.. or find chrome looking paint or something.. my 2 cents

#1,094 ·

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I'm still looking for a solid piece of the mesh. FYI I painted it with chrome paint. Chrome paint sucks. Getting it dipped in chrome doesn't sound half bad, but then I should probably just go buy a V lower grille for that price, I would think.

#1,095 ·

Couldnt resist lol
Was at the good ole Bdubs tonight and saw this cts in parkin lot, needless to say it was a hot blonde who's a waitress there :bouncy: Neways we talked for a few and i took a pic of it, Mine left, hers right. I think i found myself a new gf bahaha

Vehicle Car Light Luxury vehicle Automotive lighting

#1,097 ·

Couldnt resist lol
Was at the good ole Bdubs tonight and saw this cts in parkin lot, needless to say it was a hot blonde who's a waitress there :bouncy: Neways we talked for a few and i took a pic of it, Mine left, hers right. I think i found myself a new gf bahaha

View attachment 77612
You have neon lights under your car. You must be from California. lol

#1,101 ·

Good point, she'd be hard pressed to put a dent in there I'm sure....but still....foot prints....on the hood!

What are you driving now-a-days Jimmy? I'm finally almost done with mine. Just got the wheels coated via PVD, black chrome. In case anyone here is interested in having their wheels done, LA Wheel and Tire does nice work.

#1,105 ·

hey mister V-guy, dont come around here flaunting your bad-ass V, makes me sick.
seriously, i love your car. i think i want that color!!!

Good point, she'd be hard pressed to put a dent in there I'm sure....but still....foot prints....on the hood!

What are you driving now-a-days Jimmy? I'm finally almost done with mine. Just got the wheels coated via PVD, black chrome. In case anyone here is interested in having their wheels done, LA Wheel and Tire does nice work.

#1,137 ·

scat, what tips are them? they're sexii. I want lol. i was lookn at a pair of e&g's but theres just so many, lol
Magnaflow exhuast tips - part #35127. I will be ordering a pair for myself within the next couple of weeks, they look BAD ASS! The E&G's look nice but they are too small and too common.