Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post your best pics of your CTS here!

1M views 3K replies 524 participants last post by  elijahbrownell57 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#845 ·
Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

Sorry to pile on but those V badges are a serious boner killer. Nice work aside from that.
Just a couple quick observations....

Getting a boner over a car is clearly more gay than adding V badges.

Everyone is killing JW for his badges, but not one comment about the red car with literally 7 different plastic stick ons???

Bottom line, the last picture of JW's car with the sprinklers in the background is excellent - nicer then 9 out of every 10 cars on here - stop with the envy guys, his car is F'in great looking - give credit where it is due...

#824 ·

The badges in my opion help accent the red calipers. Just a personal touch. Like when someone puts a v bumper on their cts, of course we all know its not a v but it adds a personal touch. im happy with it and that really what matters right. Thanks for the comment

#827 ·

The badges in my opion help accent the red calipers. Just a personal touch. Like when someone puts a v bumper on their cts, of course we all know its not a v but it adds a personal touch. im happy with it and that really what matters right. Thanks for the comment
Ummm, no.....Personal touch does not mean sticking V badges on standard CTS, a Cadillac crest here or there sure, but the V badge is reserved for crazy fast, bad ass american muscle. That's like someone having a V6 Camaro and slapping Z28 on it, or a V6 300c and slapping HEMI on the side. This is worse than a Civic driver putting Vtech stickers all over his car even though his isn't vtech....

In other words...:rice2:

Sorry guy, but that is an epic fail right there no matter how cool the rest of the car is.

#834 ·

I figured i get some slack over the badges but it all about personal choice. I know its not a v and other people do too. but the badges are to accent other features. We do all type of things to our cars because they are our cars. If someone wants to put a v bumper on theres, (same difference) then thats their choice. We all know its not a v but thats what they wanted to do. You understand don't you.

#844 ·

I figured i get some slack over the badges but it all about personal choice. I know its not a v and other people do too. but the badges are to accent other features. We do all type of things to our cars because they are our cars. If someone wants to put a v bumper on theres, (same difference) then thats their choice. We all know its not a v but thats what they wanted to do. You understand don't you.
If it is truely about accenting your red calipers then you could just as well put some M5 badges on there. I think they look cooler, here's the link, only $15!

http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mw-m5-emblem-badge-0007589

Let's get back on topic! How about some car pics?

#835 ·

It may be true in your opion. And yes the v badges were for the ctsv. But werent the v bumpers for the cts v also. To modify a car from anything then what it was originaly changes it. This is why these accessory are sold so the owner of a vehicle can do what he chooses to do with his/her vehicle. I just wanted to post some pictures. I did not ask what you thought of it. I respect your opion and trust me, if there was something i did not like about your car i would say to myself, its your car and your entitled to do what you want. But you give your opion and it has been noted. Thank you.

#836 ·

V badges are not sold to be stuck on non-V's to "accent" some brake calipers, or anything else for that matter. They are sold for actual V owners in case an emblem happens to tear off at 160+, good luck finding it :)

#840 ·

Maybe so and im pretty sure the v bumpers are sold to v owners who have damaged theirs trying to stop after going 160+. The glass is half full or maybe half empty. Guess i should cancel the hybrid emblems for red rosie.

LOL.. It all good curtc, I respect your opion and it is your opion not mine. You have a good evening

#841 ·

JW,

In reference to your rear seats. Did you get them redone or are backs factory drop down? OH YEAH. Your car looks good. I would do the badges though.

#843 ·

There out of a V they will mount right in with no modification. I like them not because they make the car look fast, LOL, but because the fold down and give you more room in the trunk if you need it. Bought a stand one day and had to have it hang out of my trunk. Saw the rear seats in a V flip down instead of the little port hole the regular cts have so i had the seats taken out and changed. Comes in handy.
JW,

In reference to your rear seats. Did you get them redone or are backs factory drop down? OH YEAH. Your car looks good. I would do the badges though.

#842 ·

Yeah i have seen posers and i do not fall into that category. If you ask me if my car is a v i will tell you no, if you want to race because you think its a v the answer is no. Im a pretty straight up person who if i did not know you i would not flat out call you a liar. Anyone whos knows me knows that having a v is something i could do before you got dressed in the morning. I dont track cars, race cars or live where i can stretch one out to 160+ and not pose harm to other drivers. So why have a a caged high performance car. Thats just not right to me. But to some its all about having one sit in their drive way. And if thats what they want to do with their money then thats their choice. No badge will ever truly tell whats under someones hood. The v may stand for a powerful v8 under the hood but how powerful is not known unless you are told or get a look under the hood. The v6 is not the v8 but it is a very powerful engine for its size. If you pulled up next to a 2010 ctsv not knowing it was the hennessey v, you would assume it had 556hp under the hood. With that assumption you would be off 144+ HP. Thats just my 2 1/2 cents.

#866 ·

Thats just my 2 1/2 cents.
More like your 2 1/2 thousand dollars. Can we open J W his own section of the forum? He has quite a bit to say:)
:~blah:
Bro, respect for all the material you have for retort, but it all boils down to this. This is a no win debate. This will have to be left at a difference of opinion.

Mods...can we make a new sticky titled "Take a Beating for your V Badges Here!" so we can keep the V badge debate in one place?

Thank you and point taken. I would never take them off because of someones elses opion unless it was something i did and it was brought to my attention that a saftey hazzard might exist. I have seen it before on this forum where a person got slammed because of the badges. I like this forum because of all the good information it has on it. Ive owned cadillacs even before i had a license. If i get a certain look i want i research it to see if its fesible and then i go for it at what ever cost. Im not a performance or suspension modify person. I like to keep them thems stock. Unless it time to replace pads or shocks then i do upgrade. Ive seen cars on here that made me wonder what planet they were from. But if it makes them sattisified when they come out to look at there car then thats all thats matter. I believe in telling someone who ask for a opinion about a mode what you think. But to me thats as far as it goes, the person can either accept your opinion or go in thier own direction. Cadillac would have never made the cts if they listened to a lot of people who said they should just stick to luxury cars. But never theless its all good and it takes more than comments about emblems to ruffle my feathers. You have a good day.
Yeah i have seen posers and i do not fall into that category. If you ask me if my car is a v i will tell you no, if you want to race because you think its a v the answer is no. Im a pretty straight up person who if i did not know you i would not flat out call you a liar. Anyone whos knows me knows that having a v is something i could do before you got dressed in the morning. I dont track cars, race cars or live where i can stretch one out to 160+ and not pose harm to other drivers. So why have a a caged high performance car. Thats just not right to me. But to some its all about having one sit in their drive way. And if thats what they want to do with their money then thats their choice. No badge will ever truly tell whats under someones hood. The v may stand for a powerful v8 under the hood but how powerful is not known unless you are told or get a look under the hood. The v6 is not the v8 but it is a very powerful engine for its size. If you pulled up next to a 2010 ctsv not knowing it was the hennessey v, you would assume it had 556hp under the hood. With that assumption you would be off 144+ HP. Thats just my 2 1/2 cents.
Thank you and point taken. I would never take them off because of someones elses opion unless it was something i did and it was brought to my attention that a saftey hazzard might exist. I have seen it before on this forum where a person got slammed because of the badges. I like this forum because of all the good information it has on it. Ive owned cadillacs even before i had a license. If i get a certain look i want i research it to see if its fesible and then i go for it at what ever cost. Im not a performance or suspension modify person. I like to keep them thems stock. Unless it time to replace pads or shocks then i do upgrade. Ive seen cars on here that made me wonder what planet they were from. But if it makes them sattisified when they come out to look at there car then thats all thats matter. I believe in telling someone who ask for a opinion about a mode what you think. But to me thats as far as it goes, the person can either accept your opinion or go in thier own direction. Cadillac would have never made the cts if they listened to a lot of people who said they should just stick to luxury cars. But never theless its all good and it takes more than comments about emblems to ruffle my feathers. You have a good day.
I would never do that to my car because its not the look i would want. But whoever done that it was because it was the look they were wanting. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and when that guy/girl comes out to look at their car their smile alone could knock you down. I have thought about buying one of those just to see what i could do to it. Im satisfied with the cts and i am ready to move onto another project. I think its time fo rosie to have a make over. I dont loose sleep over the remarks and i wish everyone well with whatever they decide to do with their vehicle. I say go for it, live and learn.To accept criticism and handle it in a proper maner makes you a better person. Have a good day. P.S. i would say let your dad live his fantsy, he,s earned it.
I had thought about painting the chrome lip on the hood to solidify the look but i was worried about the paint peeling off. That is a good ideal i have seen it on several other cts's. I would first have to tape it off with black tape for a couple of days and see if its a look i would like to have. People are always going to have their opions. When i first got the car i added the spoiler and it seem like whenever i was at a red light someone wanted to race. Id let them speed off with a smile on their face. Yes some will probably think im fronting with the v badges but they did not buy the car for me. I think if i wanted the v look i would have kept the v mesh grill i had on it when i got the car.
and maybe change the bumper out, stenciled the V logo on the calipers when i painted them, add some v floor mats, and when i had the head rest redone for the tvs i would have put CTS V instead of just cts. But thats not the look i was going for. I cannot satisfy other peoples quams over my badges for their well being. When i looked for wheels for my ext i was advised not to get them because they were usally on cars and would have to have them drilled for the truck.
So i asked, are you volunteering to buy some wheels for me. Once i had them on there i was not really 100% with them. But it was not because of what i was told it was because of the look of the exposed calliper and drum. Black chassi paint took care of that and now i have compliments instead of complaints. I could have went with the usal 5 spoke rim but it was not what i was looking for. You see, some people are just judgemental. They size you up with one look. They usally are wrong most of the time. I never judge a book by its cover. In your opion the v badges are hurting me, but in my opion the v badges helped accomplish what i was looking for. So eventually the people who are loosing sleep and getting into a freenzy over "MY" badges will die down and move on to someone else. I dont mind someone saying what there opion of the badges are. But to get bent out of shape over it is a little extreme. Life is too short for that. I apreciate your compliments on the rest of the car. And your opion about the badges. But the badges will stay unless god himself ask me to remove them. Have a good evening.
I always looked at the v badge as a cadillac emblem. If you seen it on a dodge you would say thats off a cadillac, or some would say its off a cadillac v. But you would have to have some knowldge of cadillac to reconize that. As you said, v bumper, side skirts, etc.. is for appearence for some and for me its the badge that adds the accent i wanted. If someone looked at a stock cts head on that had its bumper changed to a v bumper they would think its a CTS V. It would not be until they walked around the car and realized it was not. They would think its some one trying to have the V look no knowing the person had just changed the bumper for appearence reasons. So would you acuse the owner of the cts of trying to fool someone into thinking they have the v? If you were to read my replies i never claimed someone changing their bumpers or side skirts were trying to be posers. I believe they did it because they wanted a certain look. What i did say was, me personally, thought it was the same. A crossed checkered flag is not a cadillac emblem. If i were into fords and had a stock stang that i was working on and the cobra badge gave it the look i wanted it would be on there. Its not like i would take my sls and put STS or DTS on it because i would still end up with three chrome letters. At first i tried the CTS letters on the fenders but it did no bring it together like i wanted. As i searched the cadillac emblems it was the v badge that did it for me. As you stated in the begining of your reply "IMO" you are right, it is your opion, and of course IMO the badges stay because like you said to each his/her own. Have a good evening.
I think and know with out the badges the car has pulled off the look for the horsepower and the price. But thats was not was i was shooting for. . I have been offered more than 10k for it before the badges. But the badges are my personal touch. If people on here want to give me a hard time for it then thats there choice. Afther all this is a forum. But also by this being a forum and being a cadillac forum then i too sholud be able to post pictures of my cadillac. If i wanted to put a set of bull horns on it like they use to do the older caddies i guess i would get a lot of slack about me trying to potray my car as a bull, cow, reindeer, etc.... Who knows go figure. Never the less its useless to waste so many pages on this badge topic when we allready know that there are a lot who feel the badges should not be on there. Of course there are a lot of people who feel it should not matter. You kept your car stock because that how you like to see your car and that was a choice you were entitled to. When ever you start changing things on your vehicle that was not originally on there you are turning itinto something it was not originally. I had a 78 transam when i was younger, it was stock with a 400 engine and positrack rear. I only know this because i was told . Im not a engine performance type person. Anyway a frind of mine wanted to to tinker with it. He had a 70 or 71 camaro he use to race but wrecked. He wanted to modify my T/A. I let him. He put the engine and transmission from his car into mine. Now i had a stock T/A with a 454 engine and a transmision with a slip kit. Whatever that is. Never the less you could feel the body twisting if you really step on it and could here the tires squeal when it shifted. This car was a automatic. So what im getting at is should i have put a camaro badge on it so i would not be betraying its as a T/A anymore. Because clearly the car was not the same car it use to be. Maybe those who do feel the way they do about the badges should start a petition with GM to not sell the badges to anyone unless they have a title in there name showing they own a V. See how long you they are on hold for that petition. Daniel Akerson himself could email or call me and say, hey JW you need to take them v badges off, And i would just simply reply to him that there are more important issues then my badges that his company sold me. Yes they were purchased from a GM dealer. Thanks for you concern about the hard time some people are giving me over the badges but i kinda enjoy responding to them to let them know there tunnel vision on this matter is not really necessary. As always, have a good evening.

#849 ·

JW...i wasnt trying to start a frenzy on you. and you are exactly right, as long as you like it then it is all good. i do like your car actually, and i love the V seats you put in it, the wheels, and the few other little things i noticed. i was just stating that i personally didnt like the V badges. i am sure you can take a look at any one of my cars and not like one or two things on any of them as well. but like you stated, it would be your opinion and thats it. dont change your car, because the one rule of thumb here, opinions are like *******s, everyone has one

#850 ·

JW...i wasnt trying to start a frenzy on you. and you are exactly right, as long as you like it then it is all good. i do like your car actually, and i love the V seats you put in it, the wheels, and the few other little things i noticed. i was just stating that i personally didnt like the V badges. i am sure you can take a look at any one of my cars and not like one or two things on any of them as well. but like you stated, it would be your opinion and thats it. dont change your car, because the one rule of thumb here, opinions are like *******s, everyone has one

#851 ·

First off, I'm not trying to hate, your car is actually well done. If there were no opposing views on anything the world would be a boring place and we'd have no Stanley Cup Final.

Anything that attaches with double sided tape tends to be generally accepted as bad though. I removed my bowtie and centered the SS and Supercharged badges on my trunk...and was promptly eaten alive by a select few that thought I was a base model.

There was a Youtube video with a nameless Cobalt LT(2.2L NA) that stuck "SS" and "Turbocharged" badges on his trunk. He ran a 16.5 or so and people jumped all over it. It took me about two seconds to figure out that he was a base model as he was missing the side skirts and the rear bumper. We knew he was a fake, but imports and Fords thought less of our cars.

On the other hand I seen a CTS with "V6" and "SE" badges that looked to be off of a Camry by the font on them. He had stick on portholes(it was a gen 1 base model) and was quite happy with his car, so be it. Not everyone is going to like every mod, I've taken some flak for my MSR 20s in person and I can see where they come from.

Just don't turn into this guy:

...and you'll do just fine. My old man has started it on his Dodge Ram and I want to tear it all off.

#853 ·

I don't see anything wrong with the Chryser in the picture! You can rag on my car but it's unique. You want me to take something off my car just let me see some one else have it on theirs! Some things like the wheelwell moldings I have been ragged about are there because of all the ignorant soccer moms with their dozens of kids slamming doors into it. I actually had someone slam a door into one of my cars that just got out of the paint shop and when confronted about it said "Dont worry I only took off a little paint" If it didn't have factory side moldings you can bet I'd have stick on one of those too.I liked the side vent look but I didnt want one's that looked just like the 2nd generation ones. My opinion V grills are ugly you'll never see one on mine (Sport grill yes).